• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going on a second date with the girl I hardly text/talk to during the week.

I don't know how long this could go on, but I find this a bit refreshing, she seems not into chatting up either, but more than once she was apologetic. "I've been busy, I don't want you to think I'm avoiding you..."

With a "I'm excited about tomorrow..."
She seem genuinely nice and just not into texting on daily basis to keep me on "a short leash" I think I am kind of the same.

We'll see how the second date goes tonight.

It's about trust and communication, even when you're not communicating on he regular.

There are women who I have lost trust and respect for, for taking more than 24 hours to reply to my text, and there is this girl, who I talk to once every 5-6 days, that I feel very comfortable and at ease with.

So don't tell me your views and opinions on "Ghosting" GAF.

Going on a second date with the girl I hardly text/talk to during the week.

I don't know how long this could go on, but I find this a bit refreshing, she seems not into chatting up either, but more than once she was apologetic. "I've been busy, I don't want you to think I'm avoiding you..."

With a "I'm excited about tomorrow..."
She seem genuinely nice and just not into texting on daily basis to keep me on "a short leash" I think I am kind of the same.

We'll see how the second date goes tonight.

It's about trust and communication, even when you're not communicating on he regular.

There are women who I have lost trust and respect for, for taking more than 24 hours to reply to my text, and there is this girl, who I talk to once every 5-6 days, that I feel very comfortable and at ease with.

So don't tell me your views and opinions on "Ghosting" GAF.
Not to be a downer, but personal experience tells me that if a girl is into you, all she's gonna want to do is tell you about every single little thing. Same goes for myself tbh. I don't want to generalize, and people are different, but I've never had the opposite happen. Usually when convos start fading like that, specially if you talked regularly at first, it's not a good sign. 5-6 days without as much as a hello? Before a second date? Idk.

But keep keeping on, you seem happy with this person. Hoping for the best for you!!

Kabuto

You guys are right; I think I am overthinking. We've been talking all morning and she called me cute 8)

The pic doesn't look like a pic of two friends though; it's just him and her and she's hugging him.

She hasn't brought up a bf so I'm just going to assume she's single tonight and have a good time.

Ah, that's what I thought he might have been getting at.

Chill, fam. November was four months ago lol. A lot can happen in that time. Also, like Salamando said, it could be a sibling/friend.

thanks bruh. you're probably right haha.

You guys are right; I think I am overthinking. We've been talking all morning and she called me cute 8)

The pic doesn't look like a pic of two friends though; it's just him and her and she's hugging him.

She hasn't brought up a bf so I'm just going to assume she's single tonight and have a good time.

thanks bruh. you're probably right haha.

Are you seriously for real?

Dude, she's on fucking Tinder. The picture doesn't matter. And even if she was dating him, it was months ago. Also:

Don't Facebook stalk people before you meet them. It's just a waste of time, and it's triggering your bout of irrational anxiety.

Have fun tonight, fam.

Probably jumping the gun to write this before my date tomorrow, but I'm getting really good vibes. She's British-Iraqi, really pretty, slim, fair, wears glasses (I've got a thing for girls with glasses). On similar interests, it's a 10. Works in the hospital like me, does clinical trials/aseptic processing. She's also wanting to skydive or bungee jump, loves rollercoasters, isn't afraid of heights. She cares about staying fit. She just can't handle spiders or know how to swim (another one!). She's a massive geek. Into her League of Legends, Marvel, has an EDM youtube channel, anime, manga, computers. She went with her sister to an anime convention in cosplay! At first, I had to ask if she's into non-Arab guys, then she replied "you sound like a nice genuine guy. do you have viber/whatsapp?". Immediately going to the next step from her, which usually takes a week or so for me with a girl, so clearly she's keen (or crazy, I've had some over-eager girls). She said, "honestly I'm just looking for a genuine muslim guy who I can relate to". Apparently all the dudes she's talked to seem clueless or can't relate to her interests, they think League Of Legends is a book, and she hasn't been on many dates. Her parents don't mind a non-Arab.

I had the longest phone conversation ever with her, nearly 2 hours! First hour was all the serious stuff out of the way, second hour was all geeky stuff which she was initiating like about SLIs (she played Crysis/Black Ops, computer rigs, gaming laptops (I've got one and she's thinking on getting one), movies. At one point she asks how many anime I've seen, and I tell her to just list, then I'll confirm I have seen it, was a fun game lol. She hasn't seen the best anime ever Paranoia Agent, so that's on her watchlist. She got excited when she heard I was reading the Blame! manga in anticipation for the Netflix movie. We were talking about halos on moons, and then I linked the Halo theme music, she got excited.

She did some clear flirting a few times, one example being her saying "lovely smile I mean ocean!" in response to me showing off this pic of me.

The only issue I could see is either us not fancying each other in person, or me being not as tall as her bothering her (I don't mind a taller girl). We're going to Leicester Square, she wants falafel, and then since I noticed she wants a competitive man, we'll go to the arcades to play some fighting games possibly haha.

Follow up:

We met at Paddington, and went to a lebanese place (Ya Hala) cause she wanted falafel. She liked it. Went into a couple of awesome Japanese shops I had never been to, my sister would be so jealous. I mentioned that me, my sister, and her husband might go to Japan sometime and she said we should take her with lol. Then walked over to Leicester Square and went to the arcade. She beat me in Street Fighter V with those Chun Li kicks, and I beat her on Outrun 2 and air hockey. Weather was great. She did mention she loved long walks, and I mentioned "and not specifically on beaches?". For the rest of the day, we walked around all of London for 3 hours. The river, Embankment, walked across a few bridges, past the London Eye, all around Westminster, and around MI5 which was anxiety-inducing considering my skin colour and first name hehe but she kept on pushing me to go. She got a bit touchy-feely, so I got a bit touchy too. We sat on a park bench and went over how the date went, giving me opportunity to make dumb psych jokes. I said she was pretty and didn't think I would match on so many things. She didn't think she would find a guy like me (no other guy is into the same things she is), and had actually prayed for a guy like me, after which is when I actually first messaged her :O. She called me pretty right back, which I took as a compliment. She thought I would find her boring haha. She didn't have as much an issue with my height. She's the one who asked if we could go on another date, and I said we should do something more active next time. She suggested that we could take a whole day out to ourselves at Thorpe Park (it's mainly a rollecoaster theme park), and basically she was the one who wanted to progress this. Oh yeah, she's really hyped about Ghost In The Shell, so that could be another date opportunity.

:D

I hope it works out dude. This is the kind of scenario where a sudden ghosting from her would be devastating. But I understand the feeling. Aftert going on a few boring random tinder dates, I found a girl I match with on so many levels, and can have long conversations without halt. The common advice is to not put your eggs in the same basket, but sometimes, someone just clicks with you so well it's hard to look at anyone else. At least in my case, don't mean to put words in your mouth.

Are you seeing other ladies at the same time ?

Sianos

Follow up:

We met at Paddington, and went to a lebanese place (Ya Hala) cause she wanted falafel. She liked it. Went into a couple of awesome Japanese shops I had never been to, my sister would be so jealous. I mentioned that me, my sister, and her husband might go to Japan sometime and she said we should take her with lol. Then walked over to Leicester Square and went to the arcade. She beat me in Street Fighter V with those Chun Li kicks, and I beat her on Outrun 2 and air hockey. Weather was great. She did mention she loved long walks, and I mentioned "and not specifically on beaches?". For the rest of the day, we walked around all of London for 3 hours. The river, Embankment, walked across a few bridges, past the London Eye, all around Westminster, and around MI5 which was anxiety-inducing considering my skin colour and first name hehe but she kept on pushing me to go. She got a bit touchy-feely, so I got a bit touchy too. We sat on a park bench and went over how the date went, giving me opportunity to make dumb psych jokes. I said she was pretty and didn't think I would match on so many things. She didn't think she would find a guy like me (no other guy is into the same things she is), and had actually prayed for a guy like me, after which is when I actually first messaged her :O. She called me pretty right back, which I took as a compliment. She thought I would find her boring haha. She didn't have as much an issue with my height. She's the one who asked if we could go on another date, and I said we should do something more active next time. She suggested that we could take a whole day out to ourselves at Thorpe Park (it's mainly a rollecoaster theme park), and basically she was the one who wanted to progress this. Oh yeah, she's really hyped about Ghost In The Shell, so that could be another date opportunity.

Sounds like you both had a great time, best of luck going forward!

Follow up:

Good going for you, this is what I really like to read (but please folks, do keep the funny stories coming, those are good too)

I had a pretty bad experience last night.

I asked a girl out on a dating site. We got along fine through texts, but she didn't act as nice in person. She tore up a religious brochure that a little girl handed her cruelly, in front of the child. I'm not a religious guy, and I don't like it when people try to convert others, but this was just tactless and mean.

At the end of the date, she wanted to go back to her house and have sex, but I wasn't comfortable with it. I was tactful about it, and told her that I'd like to get to know her better first. She responded with a "am I not pretty enough, or are you just gay?" before storming off.

I dodged a bullet, but this hurt a lot more than expected. On the plus side, we saw Logan (her choice) and it was awesome.

I asked a girl out on a dating site. We got along fine through texts, but she didn't act as nice in person. She tore up a religious brochure that a little girl handed her cruelly, in front of the child. I'm not a religious guy, and I don't like it when people try to convert others, but this was just tactless and mean.
yeah she sounds like a terrible person, and I say this as someone who would probably be described as anti-organized religion

At the end of the date, she wanted to go back to her house and have sex, but I wasn't comfortable with it. I was tactful about it, and told her that I'd like to get to know her better first. She responded with a "am I not pretty enough, or are you just gay?" before storming off.

I dodged a bullet, but this hurt a lot more than expected. On the plus side, we saw Logan (her choice) and it was awesome.

lmao she sounds like a dick! At least you got to see one of the best superhero movies!

bluethree

Yeah, that's another reason I just gave up on dating sites :p I've never had anyone that mean before, but you do meet some strange people.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe

The bolded is insane, as annoying as those pamphlets are, why would someone think that's okay? Poor kid.

When you reluctantly about to pick up your phone to text you date that you're going to be 15 to 20 minutes late. Feeling all embarrassed and defeated and shit...But instead, she beats you to the punch right at that moment; texting you and telling you she's gonna be 15 minutes late.

Feels sooooo good man!

But she did throw a last second curve ball at me, "If you left already, that's ok, you can come in and play with Miso" (her dog)

Me- "I didn't leave yet! Uhmmm yeah I did leave... I mean...uhmm, yeah I think I will be late as well!" Fuck!*

When you reluctantly about to pick up your phone to text you date that you're going to be 15 to 20 minutes late. Feeling all embarrassed and defeated and shit...But instead, she beats you to the punch right at that moment; texting you and telling you she's gonna be 15 minutes late.

Feels sooooo good man!

But she did throw a last second curve ball at me, "If you left already, that's ok, you can come in and play with Miso" (her dog)

Me- "I didn't leave yet! Uhmmm yeah I did leave... I mean...uhmm, yeah I think I will be late as well!" Fuck!*

Why are you always late for your dates?

No, lol, 33 she's 24. I've never dated someone that young, but I guess I look young. Ok so I guess I go for this. Thx

Enjoy it bro. Don't think too hard about this stuff.

I have been on dates with this one girl like 4 or 5 times. At what point does it become inappropriate to go on dates with some else at the same time? Or is it considered ok unil the point u consider yourself boyfriend and girlfriend? Probably a dumb quesion but its not like we have 1 date its been a few.

Reave

I have been on dates with this one girl like 4 or 5 times. At what point does it become inappropriate to go on dates with some else at the same time? Or is it considered ok unil the point u consider yourself boyfriend and girlfriend? Probably a dumb quesion but its not like we have 1 date its been a few.

Honestly, if you're not in a committed relationship with her, that decision is entirely up to you.

Depending on how you feel about the first girl that you've seen a few times, you can definitely make the decision to focus solely on dating her if you find yourself seeing potential before an official relationship. And hey, if the first girl ends up wanting you all to herself, she'll make sure you know. But for now, go with what feels right. So, if the second girl is peaking your interest right now, give her a fair shake. Never know! She could be the keeper.

gaiages

Banned

Jesus, you dodged quite a few bullets there.

No_Style

LTTP but just got back on Tinder. That damn dog GIF. 2/3 so far. Nothing for the first match. Used it as a reply to a "good morning" with another (success) and now an instant reply with the third match.

Ashby

Feeling pretty shit, guys. My ex who broke up with me barely 3 months ago is already in a serious relationship again. I know it's not an unusual situation but it still sucks, she said when we broke up that she had gone from relationship to relationship and just wanted to be single for a while. I've just been seeing people casually. I guess I'm less jealous of the fact that she's seeing someone seriously as I am that she was able to find someone whereas I've gone out with all these women and haven't met anybody even close to promising.

Fairly drunk right now. My socially anxious ass managed to go out and get twerked on in the club and it felt VERY good. I even made out with her and shit on the dance floor, too. Feels, good, y'all. The only thing I regret is not getting her number but I ain't even sweating it. Good night everybody.

Feeling pretty shit, guys. My ex who broke up with me barely 3 months ago is already in a serious relationship again. I know it's not an unusual situation but it still sucks, she said when we broke up that she had gone from relationship to relationship and just wanted to be single for a while. I've just been seeing people casually. I guess I'm less jealous of the fact that she's seeing someone seriously as I am that she was able to find someone whereas I've gone out with all these women and haven't met anybody even close to promising.

Don't sweat it too much bro. I bet it's a rebound relationship because she misses you. You'll be all right, man. Just hang in there I believe in yoi.

Ozorov

Jerry-Seinfeld-Shivering-With-Disgust-Reaction-Gif.gif

Fairly drunk right now. My socially anxious ass managed to go out and get twerked on in the club and it felt VERY good. I even made out with her and shit on the dance floor, too. Feels, good, y'all. The only thing I regret is not getting her number but I ain't even sweating it. Good night everybody.

Don't sweat it too much bro. I bet it's a rebound relationship because she misses you. You'll be all right, man. Just hang in there I believe in yoi.

Try not to shit on the dance floor next time
And get the number

she said when we broke up that she had gone from relationship to relationship and just wanted to be single for a while.

That's a really really common line I've heard since the 90's, seriously it means nothing. Also don't get into the competition element of getting with another partner before she does, that path is the one of sadness and regret. Women can often rebound faster then men you're gonna lose that battle. If you are over her, who gives a shit what she's doing with her life? Focus on you, not revenge.

Have you deleted everything about this ex? That includes the way how you found out that she's in a relationship.

loudbill

I met a girl online (through snapchat), and she is my first girlfriend ive ever had. The only problem is, shes a few years younger than me. But we are in love. We hit it off really well. She loves anime even more than i do, and we both dig similar music. I'm 18, shes 15, though. Do you think this is okay, Gaf? Is this creepy?

brawly

I met a girl online (through snapchat), and she is my first girlfriend ive ever had. The only problem is, shes a few years younger than me. But we are in love. We hit it off really well. She loves anime even more than i do, and we both dig similar music. I'm 18, shes 15, though. Do you think this is okay, Gaf? Is this creepy?

Is it legal is the real question.

Xun

Date tonight, date tomorrow and then a date with Zelda on Sunday.

😏

It's rare I actually get hooked on games nowadays, but Zelda? Damn.
Just on my way home back from hers now. 😏

My 6 month dry spell has finally ended.

A long session of Zelda will finish this weekend off perfectly.

Scotch

Have you actually met this "girlfriend"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom