• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
the anime conversation doesn't happen until both our toothbrushes are in the same bathroom at once.

honestly I'm sort of a closet nerd. Even walking into my apartment you'd never know I was into some of the more nerdier things that I'm into.

literally a closet nerd though.. if you walk into my closet first thing you'll see are Zoro's replica swords and a bunch of manga.

Good man

Most of my nerdiness is out in the open. I'm not as big of a nerd as I once was and I've learned how to tastefully integrate said nerdiness into my decor. If a girl dumps me because of what's in my apartment, it wouldn't have worked out anyway.

I was board game shamed the other day over my pile of games in the bedroom. The struggle is real.

gaiages

Banned
Decoration discussion:

Other than my plushies (which generally stay in my room), I didn't have too much nerdy stuff around when I had my apartment to myself, except for the games themselves. But at the same time, I prefer subtle stuff as opposed to in your face logos or whatever, like the pillows Kyne has. For example, I have a few video game posters framed and hung up in my room now, but they are both orioto's works and his work is really subtle at times (at least with the non Mario games). Probably only fans would recognize the FF or FE:Fates posters, and those that don't would probably think it's just fantasy based art.

But at the same time I'm not really afraid to show some of my geekiness, I don't need to attract any ladies ;3~ My Amiibo collection is embarrassing

I do, but i also really like this girl, we've dated before. Although people say we bring out the worst in each other so I dunno. Head's a bit screwed right now.

That's, er, kind of an important detail you happened to leave out there. I don't really recommend dating someone that brings out the worst in you.

Salamando

I was board game shamed the other day over my pile of games in the bedroom. The struggle is real.
It was the copy of Mall Madness that did it, wasn't it? Worst comment I've heard was "that's creepy", referring to my childhood Nosy Bear. I've had it since I was two. It's older than most of the people who post in this thread.

My apartment is probably me at my most honest. If a girl gives me shit or ends things with me because of it, I didn't lose anyone worth having.
One-night stand situation,
bet your ass I'm hiding the board games

the anime conversation doesn't happen until both our toothbrushes are in the same bathroom at once.

honestly I'm sort of a closet nerd. Even walking into my apartment you'd never know I was into some of the more nerdier things that I'm into.

literally a closet nerd though.. if you walk into my closet first thing you'll see are Zoro's replica swords and a bunch of manga.

Good to know this conversation won't be happening any time soon.

379a0782709d652ae1d29b792a9f89e2.jpg

Astral

I have a few plushies on my bed and bought this big ol pink llama because I thought it was cute af. That's not weird right?

It was the copy of Mall Madness that did it, wasn't it? Worst comment I've heard was "that's creepy", referring to my childhood Nosy Bear. I've had it since I was two. It's older than most of the people who post in this thread.

My apartment is probably me at my most honest. If a girl gives me shit or ends things with me because of it, I didn't lose anyone worth having.
One-night stand situation,
bet your ass I'm hiding the board games

Please. Arkham Horror the Card Game, Roll Player, Tiny Epic Galaxies, Star Realms, One Deck Dungeon, Bohnanza Duel, Hostage Negotiator.
I don't fuck with Mall Madness.

Any negative comments about my gaming are easily countered by saying its my career and the penthouse was paid for off the back of that. As long as you dont replace personality with nerdyness you'll be ok.

Armadilo

Banned
I just try to have a conversation with women, I talk to them as if I'm interested in who they are, which I am because Why else would I be weird to a stranger when introducing themselves to someone.

Maybe because I try to flirt, don't know

I just try to have a conversation with women, I talk to them as if I'm interested in who they are, which I am because Why else would I be weird to a stranger when introducing themselves to someone.

Did the friend give any examples? Strong in body language? Conversation? Physical contact?

Now that I think about it, isn't this the same dude who kept saying "I am a man" in his earlier posts?
Yup.
I dress like a Man, talk like a Man, behave like a Man . Yet I feel like a kid when it comes to dating. Just have to keep searching

I just thought that a date is important. I'm a Man who is kind. Time to move on

I'm just the guy that she stood up, I'm a Man, a good Man.
it_s_always_sunny_five_star_man_by_digi_matrix-d8hoosv.gif

I have a few plushies on my bed and bought this big ol pink llama because I thought it was cute af. That's not weird right?
Find yourself someone that says it's "cute af" too. That's the ultimate test right there. The big ol pink llama.
This isn't a metaphor for big ol dick is it? In which case what I said still works.

Find yourself someone that says it's "cute af" too. That's the ultimate test right there. The big ol pink llama.
This isn't a metaphor for big ol dick is it? In which case what I said still works.

I have a bunch of cute Rilakkuma and Gudetama stuff in my place. Chicks dig it.
And like Bacon, games is my career, so I similarly tell the haters to fuck off.

I have a bunch of cute Rilakkuma and Gudetama stuff in my place. Chicks dig it.
And like Bacon, games is my career, so I similarly tell the haters to fuck off.
If the guest you brought to your house, whether it is a girl you are dating or not, has the snarkiness in them to even comment on what you do or not do with the space you live in and that they were invited to, I would just kindly show them the door and call it a day. That's just me though.

I have some pop culture posters up (you know, GoT, Breaking Bad, etc) on my walls and a book shelf with books, some games and a few collectables. I've yet to hear anything negative, most people are impressed by how neat and organized everything looks. So if you have everything organized and clean, people shouldn't say anything.

gaiages

Banned

Do you or your friend have any specific examples? Can't really help if you don't provide anything.

Also like Llyanor said the 'as if' in there is kind of weird, but I'm not sure if English is your first language so I'm not sure if you meant that the way it sounds.

If the guest you brought to your house, whether it is a girl you are dating or not, has the snarkiness in them to even comment on what you do or not do with the space you live in and that they were invited to, I would just kindly show them the door and call it a day. That's just me though.

I have some pop culture posters up (you know, GoT, Breaking Bad, etc) on my walls and a book shelf with books, some games and a few collectables. I've yet to hear anything negative, most people are impressed by how neat and organized everything looks. So if you have everything organized and clean, people shouldn't say anything.

Yeah, I really think just you being clean and keeping a good house is usually a bit more important than what's actually in it... though of course Judgemental Jans still exist lol. Then again, there are limits... like anime figurines of barely clothed women might be explained away... but anime figurines of naked and underage looking women? Probably a real hard sell, especially if you bother to say how much those things cost >.>

Don't buy naked anime figures

Astral

Lmao it's not. It's an actual llama stuffed animal. Got some shit out of it from some female coworkers but they're not invited to my house anyway. No girl has I've ever invitees to my room has said anything about it besides being impressed at how clean it was. It's not even that clean so it made me wonder what trash rooms they've been in.

Xun

Being friends with the girl who you described as "really into me" and "incredibly attached already"? Noble intentions that will backfire horribly for one of you two (or both).
True, I guess I was feeling guilty to be honest.

In any case we haven't been chatting since I ended it anyway.

Sounds like she's having dependency issues more than attraction for you.
Perhaps, but I did sense a level of attraction from her.

In other news I have a 2nd date with a girl I saw last week and my friend is coincidently going to the same place on a date as well...

It should be interesting haha.

Leeness

So, is there something in the wind right now or something?

I've had three separate people message me and offer me money for sex. I haven't changed my pictures so...not sure why all of a sudden I look more like I'm down for that.

So, is there something in the wind right now or something?

I've had three separate people message me and offer me money for sex. I haven't changed my pictures so...not sure why all of a sudden I look more like I'm down for that.

Everyone is in the mood for solicitation after Easter.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Questions:
You were out in a pub/smoking area/terrace etc and met her randomly?

More context for the ghosting quote?

Also, if you havent already, this sounds like a sure thing. God speed.

Yeah we met randomly while I was smoking, she picked me up basically.

She was trying to decide to ghost me or own up to her having me finger her in public.

Any ideas how to get over ghosting? I was talking to a guy who seemed nice, pleasant, and had similar interests. The conversation was flowing well, lots of talking and getting to know you with some laughs, then he suddenly stopped responding. We were communicating via Discord, so I could see that he was playing League of Legends several times. I've been ghosted before, but this one cuts deeper somehow.

Is it too nerdy to have my Shodan certificate, Goju-Ryu belts, Gi, and Bo staff on display in my room?

How about the original Disney pre-release poster for Beauty and the Beast?

Apparently. I dunno, it's unsettling.

On dating sites? Guys must be desperate, or they're going for a power play thinking they can bypass all the talk and going straight to sex with money.

Which has me wondering why they'd use a dating site to make those kinds of propositions anyways.

Any ideas how to get over ghosting? I was talking to a guy who seemed nice, pleasant, and had similar interests. The conversation was flowing well, lots of talking and getting to know you with some laughs, then he suddenly stopped responding. We were communicating via Discord, so I could see that he was playing League of Legends several times. I've been ghosted before, but this one cuts deeper somehow.

The easiest way is to ask someone out sooner than later if you're interested. That way you're never left wondering if it would've happened or not.

Depending on how he plays games, LoL might have been taking too much of his attention to respond much. Might not necessarily be ghosting but if it's on multiple occasions where he's been online and not responded then yeah he might just not be as interested as you thought sadly.

It'll happen. It sucks as it can hurt your self esteem but remember there's always more people in the world that you can get to know and possibly have a relationship with. Don't let it get you down too much.

Yeah we met randomly while I was smoking, she picked me up basically.

She was trying to decide to ghost me or own up to her having me finger her in public.

How drunk were you both?

Why does she have to "own up" to anything? Maybe you were just a fling and now you're annoying her. Just go with the flow and don't get upset if it was just a one time thing.

Leeness

On dating sites? Guys must be desperate, or they're going for a power play thinking they can bypass all the talk and going straight to sex with money.

Which has me wondering why they'd use a dating site to make those kinds of propositions anyways.

Yeh. I'm just wondering if it's a time of year or something--it's been like, three or four in the past week and it's weird. I haven't changed anything about my profile, so...have I always looked like a prostitute?? Or I never have but it's a full moon or something??

they're going for a power play thinking they can bypass all the talk and going straight to sex with money.

You've got it in one. They don't want a prostitute who will fuck any guy for an advertised fee. They want to buy a normal girl and prove to themselves that women only care about money more than anything else.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
How drunk were you both?

Why does she have to "own up" to anything? Maybe you were just a fling and now you're annoying her. Just go with the flow and don't get upset if it was just a one time thing.

Tipsy.

Those were her own words, don't know what you are getting worked up about.

Yeh. I'm just wondering if it's a time of year or something--it's been like, three or four in the past week and it's weird. I haven't changed anything about my profile, so...have I always looked like a prostitute?? Or I never have but it's a full moon or something??

I mean, people are probably getting their tax returns back?

Lol.

Tipsy.

Those were her own words, don't know what you are getting worked up about.

I'm not worked up about anything.

The way you worded it made it seem like you wanted her to admit that she let you fingerbang her and I was curious why it mattered if you know you already did.

It seems like she had an alright time and told you she was debating dropping you or keeping things going. At least she's being honest with you.

This is why meeting early is the way to go. Or at least escalating the conversation to go somewhere instead of just chatting about the mundanities of life. Does it cut deeper because he's a fellow gamer? Either way, it's best to move on to someone else rather than ruminate on the past.

animax

Are you looking for and listening to basic social cues when you're talking to someone? What does their body language tell you, are they comfortable talking to you in that moment? Are you talking too much? Did you come up to them by surprise and unannounced? Are they saying things that would suggest you should back away a bit? Are you asking questions that are too personal? Is your flirting ill-timed? There's a fine line between flirting and being creepy and it really all depends on the situation and whether she's interested in you in that way

Impossible for us to know what it could be without more info or first hand experience.

I need help my friends

I dated like two times this girl and they went very well I was very excited to go to a third date but last week she said it wasn't possible because she used all of her money going out with their friends (I ask her out like 2 days before she told me that)

And now she is cancelling me again another date because she and her classmates are going to continue a university project the same day of our date (the date was going to be tomorrow)

I feel very frustrated because the last time I date her was in late March ( the first two weeks of April it wasn't possible to go out because around that time in our University is exam season)

So any advice will be helpful.

Also English is my second language so I hope it can be understood :p

brawly

Don't get overinvested until it's official. Basically expect to be ghosted.

I've done this every time. Start fantasizing as if I was already in the relationshop, get excited over every single message etc.

Kyne

I need help my friends

I dated like two times this girl and they went very well I was very excited to go to a third date but last week she said it wasn't possible because she used all of her money going out with their friends (I ask her out like 2 days before she told me that)

And now she is cancelling me again another date because she and her classmates are going to continue a university project the same day of our date (the date was going to be tomorrow)

I feel very frustrated because the last time I date her was in late March ( the first two weeks of April it wasn't possible to go out because around that time in our University is exam season)

@firstbold:
medium.gif

@secondbold:
this actually seems legit. Her studies are more important than you.

anyways, you're obviously not that important to this girl. Pack it up.

I need help my friends

My advice would be to start investing your time in someone else. People make up time when they want to meet someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom