• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DAVE vs Godzilla (Raw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
T minus 1 hour until DAVE destroys Tokyo. Ive avoided spoilers all week.. I havent been this excited to watch wrestling in years.. ever since New Years revolution I look forward to every monday night like no other.. it makes my shitty monday at work livable..

is there anything DAVE can't do?

WWE News: Lawsuit reveals Lesnar locked out of wrestling until June 2010

Brock Lesnar's lawsuit against WWE claims that they are preventing him from working in his chosen field due to a no compete clause he signed last year shortly after WrestleMania. He decided he did not want to wrestle in WWE anymore because he didn't like the travel and wanted to pursue a dream of playing in the NFL.

He did make the preseason squad for the Minnesota Vikings, but ended up being cut before the season. He was not retained on the practice squad.

His no compete clause prevents him from working for any competitor, including other pro wrestling or professional fighting (i.e. UFC, Pride) organizations worldwide for the duration of the WWE contract he signed less than a year before asking for a release. That expiration date is June 30, 2010.

WWE's no compete clause includes the entire world, not just the U.S., because a competitor in Japan or any of the other countries WWE runs live events could use Lesnar to draw fans at a non-WWE event.
:lol

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
:lol :lol :lol

Odds that they are sticking to Lesnar to get him into a dirt cheap contract?

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Mike, did you get that from the Torch? There's been some suspicion over it's validity...

About tonight's show, I'm somewhat excited just because it's from Japan but the fact that it's taped sucks. I gave up avoiding spoilers (except for MMA) a long time ago. Then again, my memory is so shitty that I really don't remember any of what happen(ed/s) so it's not a total loss.

I've read the spoilers already, but so far the show is pretty good.

Since they're in Japan (a country that RESPECTS wrestling) you should see the in ring product stepped up quite a bit.

God, I'd love to go to Japan and visit the wrestling leagues there... just go to all the shows I can.

But alas, married and buying a house will make that just about impossible.

PS: BTW< Flair STOP SUCKING HHH'S DICK! YOU ARE TARNISHING YOUR LEGACY!

Raw64life

I like how Christian says Orton has never beaten him even though he did in that match where Orton totally screwed up his old finishing move on him.

Memles

Raw64life said:
I like how Christian says Orton has never beaten him even though he did in that match where Orton totally screwed up his old finishing move on him.

Holy shit, I remember that. I don't remember why I remember it, but I do. It was great.

That was back even before I was cheering for Orton's original "RNN" character. Good times.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Outcast2004 said:
Since they're in Japan (a country that RESPECTS wrestling) you should see the in ring product stepped up quite a bit.

Japanese WWE fans != Japanese NOAH fans

My god Japanese crowds are great... no stupid asses with signs everywhere. A nice polite clap after a good exchange, and they stay seated.

Unlike here in the good ol US of A...

Where asswipe bring signs that block your view, jerky wont sit down and you miss all the action.

I love going to live WWE tapings, but the asswipe "rasslin" fan ruins it.

Ronin

Outcast2004 said:
My god Japanese crowds are great... no stupid asses with signs everywhere. A nice polite clap after a good exchange, and they stay seated.
Yeah. When I first started watching I was thinking "Something is missing...".

Something I came across today, might as well post it here instead of making a new thread:

http://xmgnetworks.com/wrestlevids/Botch-a-mania.wmv

A video collage of wrestling bloopers. Well, "bloopers" may be too light a term, considering some of these bumps resulted in injury, but hey, how can you not love a video that features Shockmaster's debut, Randy Orton screwing up his own finisher, and Goldberg knocking himself out?

Catapult Beetle said:
Something I came across today, might as well post it here instead of making a new thread:

A video collage of wrestling bloopers. Well, "bloopers" may be too light a term, considering some of these bumps resulted in injury, but hey, how can you not love a video that features Shockmaster's debut, Randy Orton screwing up his own finisher, and Goldberg knocking himself out?

cool vid

HOWEVER!! (big one)

at 5:43 in the video it has the hayabusa botched SSP (where he paralyzes himself, so u may wanna skip that part.)

Wrestling Triva!

0:55 shane concussion
0:59 brock concussion
1:17 randy orton sucks
1:30 I think was broken ankle
2:16 austin broken neck
2:39 holly boken forearm
2:48 Goldberg KO himself
3:54 Nash tears quadricep
4:24 Rhyno broken neck
5:43 Hayabusa broken neck (ended career, paralyzed)

thats what I identified

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Catapult Beetle said:

:lol

That video is halarious! It's missing Hogan's motorcycle technical difficulties though.

Man Brock Lesnar hurt alot of people...

Also anyone know what happened after Goldberg knocked himself out? Was this during his winning streak BS in WCW or after?

DCX

DCX
:lol :lol :lol OMG about time someone put something like this together, that is 1000% comedy!!

DCX

BTW, The powerbomb on Holly by Lesnar was on purpose.

Story goes about halfway through the match Holly (being a world-class bitch), started to work stiff with the "new guy" to make him "pay some dues".

LEsnar takes about a minute of this abuse and the has enough... gets this little smirk on his face and starts LEVELING Holly. Then the powerbotch.

Short of it, Lesnar was giving Holly what he deserved.

EDIT: After viewing it for a few minutes...

MY FUCKING COUSIN-IN-LAW IS ON THERE. Kwee-wee (Alan Funk, no not one of those Funks), my wifes' cousin. Before he got his face caved in by Sonny siaki.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
jecclr2003 said:
EDIT: After viewing it for a few minutes...

MY FUCKING COUSIN-IN-LAW IS ON THERE. Kwee-wee (Alan Funk, no not one of those Funks), my wifes' cousin. Before he got his face caved in by Sonny siaki.

He ROCKED in WCW

Sho Nuff

Banned
I got complimentary tickets to go see the Smackdown taping in Saitama Super Arena, and it was frickin' great. Japanese puroresu fans are a total class act and an awesome time was had by all. The rowdiest people in the crowd (yelling stuff) were probably the guys who ran the Titantron and pyro sitting beside us :)

MUCH better than the last shows they had in Japan, too -- before there was no Titantron/no skits. This was far more entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom