• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Hayter sound files found in Ground Zeroes!

Randam

Kinda looks like him, doesn't it? Seeing that the medic is voiced by Sutherland, this face might be what a young Snake would look like in the new engine.

635515967163120478318194316_michaelscott.gif

this is not what a young snake would look like.

and snake, if you mean solid snake is 2, when that scene took place.

Wark

It could be something, but I'm guessing they were probably just placeholder files until they finalized everything with Sutherland.

Initially, I didn't think I'd like Sutherland as Big Boss, but now I've taken a liking to his rendition.

TEAM HAYTER-RETURNS-AS-SOLID-SNAKE-AT-THE-END-OF-PHANTOM-PAIN!!!

Riposte

Just have Hayter do a kickstarter where he does all the lines in a studio, puts it online for free, and then mod them in. Shit seems pretty simple.

EDIT: Also, it was bad form to not express the skepticism found in the article you posted.

Vamphuntr

Just have Hayter do a kickstarter where he does all the lines in a studio, puts it online for free, and then mod them in. Shit seems pretty simple.

Good lord no. He'll get sued and I'll have to endure the inevitable thread about his twitter rant about it.

Foffy

Banned
So does this mean that he's the bandaged man?
265ke24.jpg

I thought this was implied. The "what about him?" line from Kaz probably spoke about the bandaged man, who was "watching" Big Boss during his coma.

The medic is probably also the bandaged dude who refers to himself as Ishmael. Ishmael even has the same lowered pitch voice of Sutherland that the medic does. Isn't that how people figured out he was in the game before an announcement was made?

pahamrick

I'm just going to continue to believe Hayter has no role in TPP in anyway whatsoever. That way I won't be disappointed when there's no Metal Gear 1 remake at the end of TPP with Solid Snake like some crazy fan theories were predicting.

eso76

The cinematography goes out of its way to hide the face of the medic, there is no way it is done by accident. Also the medic's lines are actually voiced by Kiefer, but pitch-bended a bit.

Maybe they just didn't have the time to model and do complex mocap for his face is all

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
could you imagine if he's actually in the game , and instead of waiting for how awesome that surprise would be for a metal gear megafan, you'd instead had it spoiled for you by a neogaf forum thread title

I'm of the opinion that Hayter will voice Solid Snake when they remake Metal Gear. I think they just didn't want the same guy voicing Snake and Big Boss in the same game.

Ban Puncher

Hayter in The Phantom Pain!

Simultaneous Snake DLC for Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS!

Metal Gear Rising 2 in 2016!

Twin Snakes Remake in 2017!

Metal Gear Sasaki in 2018!

NANO

FUCKING

MACHINES

Meh everything from the goofy campy kiefer reveal to hayters cartoonish reaction on Twitter and elsewhere makes me think this is all some kind of hoax. Still, I wasn't disappointed that mgs3 didn't end up being about time traveling patriots, so I won't be disappointed if hayter isn't in mgsv.

Spaghetti

i'm sure plenty of other people have come to this conclusion already but i think it's just some dude doing a hayter impression. listening to the clips closely it sounds like they were recorded on a computer mic with a filter layered on top.

plus, it doesn't sound like hayter. not enough bass in the voice.

Nvzman

I just played Jamais Vu. These soundclips belong to Raiden.
No, it doesn't. I'm playing right now on the PS4 to verify this and Raiden says the same thing Big Boss says. He never says "On the ground!" like Hayter, just "Lie down" or "Get down".
Also he says "Don't move" the same way Sutherland says it, not the exaggerated way Hayter does.

jett

D-Member
No, it doesn't. I'm playing right now on the PS4 to verify this and Raiden says the same thing Big Boss says. He never says "On the ground!" like Hayter, just "Lie down" or "Get down".
Also he says "Don't move" the same way Sutherland says it, not the exaggerated way Hayter does.

You're right, he doens't say On the ground, I imagine it's just unused or a bug.

But the way Raiden says "Don't move" is exactly the same as the clip posted in that website.

Taker34

Banned
I'm not convinced. The quality of the clips is so poor that anyone could have done a mediocre Hayter impersonation. You probably wouldn't hear the difference. I'd love to see/hear Hayter in TPP though.

Foffy

Banned
Wait what? o.o

The Reddit post from the cited article also has Vocaroo's of music in the game, presumably as test music. These include an MGS1 song remix, a direct port of the MSX Metal Gear theme, and this version of Beyond the Bounds.

What makes that song interesting to me is that I don't know if Konami produced that version. I believe that was a fan remix.

Top Bottom