• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dawn of the Dead 2004 uncut - what's different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecrofirt

anyone have any idea? I'm not too good at finding information, but I've heard there's going to be an uncut version of the film.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I've never seen the movie, but was there nudity in the beginning of the film? Cause I saw a couple minutes and there's some tits :p

ahem...

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
There are 9 minutes of additional footage. There are more personal moments between the characters and there are a few more shots inserted during the zombie battles that show more zombies getting killed. Theres also a special feature exclusive to the directors cut that shows the best kills in more detail. Kind of a behind the scenes thing.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Wario64 said:
I've never seen the movie, but was there nudity in the beginning of the film? Cause I saw a couple minutes and there's some tits :p
Not in the beginning but there's a sex scene later on where you get to see some boobs.

shuri

Banned
I was expecting the uncut version to have the scenes that
make the movie good and actually worth watching.

White Man

If you think Dawn of the Dead 2004 wasn't worth watching, you have ridiculously high standards for a modern horror flickster. It may not have been cinema par excelence, but it's certainly of a quality that 2/3rds of other horror movies could only fantasize about.

The movie kept a decent paced, provided laughs, grossouts, jugs, maybe even a few scares, and it was generally interesting to look at. It will probably end up being the best horror movie out this year. . .speaking of which:

Anyone know when The Grudge and The Ring 2 are due out? I know the Japanese version of The Grudge decisively splits the audience, and I know it's foolish to put my hope in a horror-suspense sequel, but I really want to check these out. I think I just want some Japanese influence in my horror, and I can't watch the actual Japanese films (no cash money).

Willco

Hollywood Square
Dawn of the Dead was a great action/horror flick. I think if it didn't share the same title as the Romero classic, some of the older genre purists would be more likely to give it a shot. It doesn't hold a candle to the original, but it's a damn fun ride.

Willco said:
Dawn of the Dead was a great action/horror flick. I think if it didn't share the same title as the Romero classic, some of the older genre purists would be more likely to give it a shot. It doesn't hold a candle to the original, but it's a damn fun ride.

Exactly. It was a damn good movie, but there is no way in hell it can stand up to the original. i really enjoyed it, though, and look forward to this release.

White Man

I think if it didn't share the same title as the Romero classic, some of the older genre purists would be more likely to give it a shot. It doesn't hold a candle to the original, but it's a damn fun ride.

It was a lose-lose situation. If they had written a new zombie movie based in a shopping mall and called it something other than Dawn of the Dead, people would chide it for being a Dawn of the Dead ripoff. As it goes, they basically took the mall concept, made a new movie, called it Dawn of the Dead, and got bitched at for it not being as good as the near perfect original.

shuri

Banned
Shaun of the dead owns the new Dawn in the zombie action departement. Oh yeah and Shaun is a comedy/action flick.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I am really, really looking forward to Shaun of the Dead. I don't think we've had anything akin to An American Werewolf in London since that film's inception and this seems to be the zombie equivalent of it. I just hope it doesn't fall apart at the end like the Landis classic does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom