• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone coming to PC this Spring (More Sony games on the way)

Well......have you seen their sales and how their console is outselling brand new ones especially that are more powerful and how much their exclusives actually sell? They are killing the competition whilst holding onto their traditional values as well. They dont need PC gaming, and Sony honestly doesnt either. They are just doing it to make a quick buck to show quick profit when this could just hurt them more in the long run.
But i am agreeing with you? Im just saying the industry as a whole is heading another direction

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It makes sense. Pay the premium to play it day 1 on the only console you can. In a year, who cares. If you havent played it then they dont care where you play it. Play it on a toaster.

fermcr

Sony fanboys at this moment...

giphy.gif

sn0man

I don't believe it's truth tho, because many people choose convenience of consoles. Me included and I am rocking RTX3090
(As a work card and while not doing ML, it nets me 50USD profit per day on nicehash.com :messenger_savoring: )
What could a 3080 get me?

sn0man

Weak bait, sony exclusives aren't unpolished turds like Cyberpunk.

But have fun with old games PS fans already played and finished years ago boomer. If I was a PC only fanboy I too would be ecstatic with this news to finally play good single player games.
No worries zoomer (we are likely 10 years or so apart in age). I’ll enjoy all the DLC horse armor for a 3rd the price you spent.

It would be awesome if they do release more PS games on PC, but GT7 being delayed is likely nothing to do with Covid and is just Polyphony Digital being Polyphony Digital; always slow and late to release a game.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
What could a 3080 get me?
30+ I believe, today I am getting 15 on my ancient RTX2070. Read some tutorials for clocks, so you don't burn your electricty for no change in profit. Nicehash miner is fast and easy to use.

Graciaus

Imagine being butthurt that more people get to enjoy a game. I would be thrilled if more people could experience my favorite games for PC on their console of choice.

Fake

I'm OK with this, but from here Sony really need to be more open about what games are really playstation exclusive or not.

Just remove the 'only on playstation' badge and we're good to go.

And I really hope this mean Days Gone sequel.

Can't be for nothing, right?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Imagine being butthurt that more people get to enjoy a game. I would be thrilled if more people could experience my favorite games for PC on their console of choice.
Just imagine if music players or movie playing hardware were capped at only playing certain artists/movies or studios.

Popup

I have nothing against making games available to a wider audience and really enjoyed watching the PC streams of Horizon. I just hope that it does not affect the design approach for these otherwise exclusive games.

Despite the obvious importance of gameplay, I have always admired the tailor made and innovative technical approach with some of these first party studio games, as opposed to the more clumsy approach of adjusting a PC game to fit into a console.

Some may argue that the approaches won't change but when you look at the issues that occurred with the likes of Horizon coming to PC, it becomes apparent that, with the PC being on the cards from the start, these approaches and goals change somewhat.

Knowing now that they are planning for a multi format release, I get the feeling the whole process of extracting every last drop of performance may take second place now, and we may lose out on some of the more innovative bells and whistles that transpire from a fixed platform design.

As I say, this only really affects those who might appreciate all of the aspects of gaming, software and hardware.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
These corporate assholes literally threw out a press release about Psvr 2 just to soften the blow of these delay and pc port announcements. Come on!
Only massive fanboys get upset over this.

It's a smart business move to release more of their older games on PC. Their devs aren't getting upset just because their IPs are going to be played by a wider audience.

mortal

Gold Member
This is great news for PC gamers, and could expand the fanbase for Days Gone even more, hopefully increasing the likelihood of a sequel for PS5.

No one loses here. I couldn't imagine being upset by this news.

Bloodborne Remastered when?

Sony is adapting to Microsoft and its gamepass strategy.

The gamepasses and cloud gaming will be the death of hardcore gaming.

Enjoy paying $20 a month to play a couple of remasters and derivative and ugly "AAA" games that make all Netflix productions look like Citizen Kane in comparison.
A little premature. Gaming being all streaming like that is some PS6 more likely PS7 shit.

Guilty_AI

I have nothing against making games available to a wider audience and really enjoyed watching the PC streams of Horizon. I just hope that it does not affect the design approach for these otherwise exclusive games.

Despite the obvious importance of gameplay, I have always admired the tailor made and innovative technical approach with some of these first party studio games, as opposed to the more clumsy approach of adjusting a PC game to fit into a console.

Some may argue that the approaches won't change but when you look at the issues that occurred with the likes of Horizon coming to PC, it becomes apparent that, with the PC being on the cards from the start, these approaches and goals change somewhat.

Knowing now that they are planning for a multi format release, I get the feeling the whole process of extracting every last drop of performance may take second place now, and we may lose out on some of the more innovative bells and whistles that transpire from a fixed platform design.

As I say, this only really affects those who might appreciate all of the aspects of gaming, software and hardware.
Dude, even developers from multiplatform games don't change the for-consoles design approach. Its actually a frequent complaint from pc gamers, especially in terms of the UI

What's with the vitriol of PS games coming to PC? More options is better, no?

Or is this a case of man-babies pretending that Sony is some sacred cow and only those worthy of owning a PS console are deemed fit to play these exclusives?

Vae_Victis

Banned
Honestly I don't see how because there exclusives is what sells their consoles. Right now they are selling PS5 at a loss. Software and Services is the most profitable area for them and this is where they will expand.
Exactly because the hardware is sold at a loss, selling the software on PS5 rather than on PC would not hurt their bottom line all that much. Even though Sony doesn't make all that much money on the sale itself of its IPs, but rather on the share from the sale of third party games on PlayStation.

It's not like selling PS5 games on PC would mean PS5 becomes completely irrelevant all of a sudden, because realistically speaking for quite some years still you'd need a convincingly more expensive PC to have a comparable final experience with most games. With the cost of a full PS5 DE + controller, I could hardly buy only the GPU and RAM of a PC to match.

Issues would arise later in the gen, when the price of PS5 will only lower so much, and newer hardware will become available on PC, making it relatively accessible to build or buy a computer that performs as well if not better than a PS5 for a comparable price. That would also put into serious doubt the viability of a Pro console to exist at all, unless they overbuff it considerably and sell that one at a loss too (but at that point, why even bother?).

Imagine if half the big PS4 exclusives had been released on PC day an date; do you think PS4 would have kept selling like crazy in the last 2-3 years, or a lot more people would have played Ghost of Tsushima and TLoU2 on a $200 GTX 970?

hes right. thats the end game for these subscription services. at some point, art becomes content and content doesnt have to be good. people will consume it because its there.

see ubisoft games.
Also see marvel movies/Star Wars/actually any Disney movie. Sigh. I'd like to think their will always be some kind of last bastion in books, television, movies, and now video games keeping art afloat. I hope your prediction does not come to pass.

Last edited:
Great news, PC Gaming is dire right now so this might temporarily instil some life in it.

Another game ala HZD & Death Stranding that is suddenly good now that it's on PC too.
Nah those games are super average and hardly anybody bought them on PC.

There are way too many high quality PC games for people to care about Sony trash.

Last edited:

mejin

I think every game on "Playstation Plus Collection" is a serious candidate to have a pc version and it wouldn't hurt them to offer a free update for a ps5 version too (but yeah...).

List of the Collection:

Bloodborne
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
God of War
Infamous Second Son
Ratchet and Clank
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Until Dawn
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

Skifi28

Gold Member
I'm curious to see how far they will go with this.

If it's choice PS4 exclusives over the course of a few years, it's a good plan all around to make up some extra cash and spread awareness of the IPs outside of the PlayStation ecosystem.

If they start mass-releasing their PS4 catalogue on PC as quickly as possible, and then start porting PS5 games with the console still in the middle of its life cycle, then they're willing to weaken the PlayStation brand in the long run for easy money now, which sounds like a dumb strategy in my opinion.

Yes, it's an interesting balance and I'm sure they're aware of it. Which is why they've probably not commited to a particular plan going for the wait and see approach, ready to back off or speed up at any moment. There's a ton of old games they can port, I don't expect any recent releases anytime soon. They'd prefer people bought a PS5 for them after all.

Popup

Dude, even developers from multiplatform games don't change the for-consoles design approach. Its actually a frequent complaint from pc gamers, especially in terms of the UI
Absolutely! I just appreciate the competitiveness and efficiency that comes from designing for a fixed platform. I am still enjoying new software on my Commodore 64 for that very reason!

Last edited:

Aion002

I think this game is gonna sell more than horizon\detroit combined on pc.
Hopefully... It's way better too.

Anyway, this was expected. As a consumer, I hope that every PlayStation game is released on pc, more options is always better.

As a PlayStation fan this is a little sad, because it kinda makes the PlayStation first party line up lose it's "only on Playstation" appeal.

Well, if it will make them sell more games and make more games, it is a win for everybody.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Hopefully... It's way better too.

Anyway, this was expected. As a consumer, I hope that every PlayStation game is released on pc, more options is always better.

As a PlayStation fan this is a little sad, because it kinda makes the PlayStation first party line up lose it's "only on Playstation" appeal.

Well, if it will make them sell more games and make more games, it is a win for everybody.
Better than detroit sure, better than horizon, nah, but i guess different tastes etc.

Let's just hope for a less disastrous port compared to horizon.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I don't believe it's truth tho, because many people choose convenience of consoles. Me included and I am rocking RTX3090
(As a work card and while not doing ML, it nets me 50USD profit per day on nicehash.com :messenger_savoring: )

How the fuck are you earning 50 dollars a day GPU mining.
There isnt a currency that expensive or that easy to mine.

AZ5BzEM.jpg

^And this is with very conservative energy costs.
So even if you were on Solar or something it would break 20USD per day.

Interfectum

The problem with Sony porting to PC is they have no way to retain those consumers after they purchase the game. They don't even have PS trophies, do they?

MS porting their games to PC gives them multiple avenues to retain those consumers, either through XBL connectivity, the Xbox app and / or Game Pass.

I'm curious what Sony's long term strategy is here beyond making a few more bucks off a PC port and moving on.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Life of a PC gamer:
-Sony laying PS exclusives at your feet
-You're giving away hundreds, even thousands of games on GAF Giveaway while console games are selfishly horded
-PCVR is awesome(FS2020, Project Cars, Citra 3DS SBS output, waifu simulators)
-Yuzu is coming along nicely
-Mods for everything
-Cyberpunk runs on PC, with mods fixing/enhancing the game before the dev
-Game Pass is overflowing with Xbox exclusives with no Live Gold charges in sight
-MS putting Xbox games on Steam
-Streaming services(PSNow, GeForce Now, Shadow, Luna)
-Multi-monitor support
-Printing money with GPUs(Ethereum)
-Plex server with 8TB of movies
Do we have native Dualsense support with custom profiles yet? We want that, too.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
How the fuck are you earning 50 dollars a day GPU mining.
There isnt a currency that expensive or that easy to mine.

AZ5BzEM.jpg

^And this is with very conservative energy costs.
So even if you were on Solar or something it would break 20USD per day.
Approxiamte, not when Bitcoin jumped now. I am talking about current time.

Sorry Ethereum.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

These topic are always great. You have people freaking out about the games coming to PC and then you have others who think every title (and new titles at that) will be coming to PC next.

Maybe they will announce Knack for PC. That would be another great topic.
I mean, Jim Ryan himself says more will come. They are trying to get their fan base ready for future announcements because they know it will not go smooth with everyone... otherwise why say this at all?

Top Bottom