• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone gets a 5/10 and 6.5/10 from Gamespot and IGN respectively

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelastword

Banned
I can't talk about other magazines, but you can't take Slant seriously
Well thanks for the confirmation, that ends that....I knew something was off about them......I mean I'm all up for opinions and all, but these guys are pretty much always at the bottom of any meta review list, almost always in red...Giving Sekiro a 2/5, whilst the score above it is an 80.......Their score is not even yellow, they have also given DG it's lowest score as well......

They have the right to express their opinion obviously, but it's clear there's an agenda there......

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
i think most of the criticism is about the bland story and characters and the generic world. not sure a patch would fix these problems.

Really depends on which reviews you read, a quick scan of Metacritic shows plenty of reviewers liked the story and characters a lot. Like I said, it seems obvious to me certain reviewers went in with a lot of negative baggage.

Nintendo fans are humble, show me an example of a Nintendo fan not being humble.
I think you could maybe make an argument that Nintendo as a company can be pretty humble, but I don't really see an argument where Sony, MSFT, or Nintendo are ignorant crazy fanboys. All consoles have their jackasses, most are just decent normal people who just don't give a shit.

TeamGhobad

Banned
Really depends on which reviews you read, a quick scan of Metacritic shows plenty of reviewers liked the story and characters a lot. Like I said, it seems obvious to me certain reviewers went in with a lot of negative baggage.

i understand opinions are like assholes but when IGN gives a game a 6.5 it must really be a stinker.

cypherq

Neo Member
The Order was a 5 hour game with 3 hours of cutscenes and boring generic gunplay. Just like Driveclub, take away the graphics and people wouldnt give 2 shits about it.

The visuals and sound are part of the experience though :D Otherwise we'd all be playing Space Invaders* and be happy....

* Which I am not dissing BTW as its a great game. :)

Whitecrow

Banned
Im pretty sure the game is better than the reviewers say.

To be a reviewer all you need is be able to have an opinion, but be smart to notice everything you are experiencing and take the appropiate point of view is not needed.

You cant judge a fish for his ability to climb a tree, you know.

GenericUser

73 on Metacritic currently. That's not a bad score.

I hope that you enjoy your time with the game, I really do. But do you honestly believe what you wrote? 73 ist not a bad score? In this day and age? 73 is a HORRIBLE score for a platform exclusive game that was delayed multiple times.

Airbus Jr

Banned
73 on Meta, 72 on Opencritic.

Bend must be sweating bullets, if it falls under 7, Days Gone reach MS productions charted territory. Damn.

Sounds good enough for me

If they can keep the meta in the 7's i think they'l be fine

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

I've never seen a rating system/scale in video games that views anything between 70 - 80 as bad.
iu

SpiceRacz

I hope that you enjoy your time with the game, I really do. But do you honestly believe what you wrote? 73 ist not a bad score? In this day and age? 73 is a HORRIBLE score for a platform exclusive game that was delayed multiple times.

I have no interest in playing the game, honestly. 73 is a good score by many, if not all review scales. I think you're mistaking "horrible" with disappointing.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
So what, first we bitch about IGNs journalism and now we trust their scores? What the fuck GAF?

German 4players (about the only source I trust) gave it 85%, so it should be a great game.

Shame I won't buy it because of Sony's recent censorship crap.

Keylime

Spoiler Tag Abuser
I made the mod edit for the OP...because frankly it's a really childish and lame way to view the world or the boards. That text purely fans the flames of the console wars and reeks of "Neener neener!"

Every console has their fanboys...we all know this. But poking the bear on purpose is just inviting more console war bullshit.

I think we can all agree that people having strong opinions on their consoles of choice is totally fine, but when it becomes "us vs. them" it's just moronic.

Sega Dreamcast is the best god damn console ever, don't @ me.

blackjon24

Disappointing. I wanted to believe they had something great on their hands, why make another zombie game unless you REALLY had something special?

Fake

I made the mod edit for the OP...because frankly it's a really childish and lame way to view the world or the boards. That text purely fans the flames of the console wars and reeks of "Neener neener!"

Every console has their fanboys...we all know this. But poking the bear on purpose is just inviting more console war bullshit.

I think we can all agree that people having strong opinions on their consoles of choice is totally fine, but when it becomes "us vs. them" it's just moronic.

I mean, he could opt for a neutral OP even being a fanboy or not and just putting the two review score, but instead.

Sorry. Team Mega Drive here

Last edited:

GenericUser

I have no interest in playing the game, honestly. 73 is a good score by many, if not all review scales. I think you're mistaking "horrible" with disappointing.
Maybe yes, maybe no. I don't think sony or the devs are satisfied with this score. In the eyes of many gamers, a meta score of sub 80 is a no go, especially at full price. I don't think that way, but I think that's just the way it is nowadays. A triple A, platform exclusive game with a metascore of 73? That sounds horrible, crackdown horrible even.

Last edited:

hivsteak

Im pretty sure the game is better than the reviewers say.

I dunno man, I only bother with reviewers that match my opinions and tastes and they gave this a 6. Every moment of glory you experience is soiled by unexpected slaps to your face.

I bought and played The Bureau: XCOM Declassified and enjoy parts of it while fully agreeing with its reviews. Days Gone will get the same treatment from me.

Nfactor_AF

Neo Member
The same fanboys who hate Sony first party games, will be crying in about a year or less when Last of Us Part II takes the top spot away from Zelda Breath of the Wild on Metacritic. What a wonderful days of ultra salty tears is waiting in the darkness for that :messenger_grinning_smiling: It's too bad about Days Gone, Sony Bend should have made a Syphon Filter reboot instead, that would have been more interesting to see and play.

What are the main gripes?

Couldn't give a fuck about story (in any game) or stuff like that, so...

Is the gameplay lackluster? I don't even care about "gameplay loop", or missions... but the core gameplay feel itself. How is that? i.e. shooting, driving. Is that crap?

This has been my question too. If it’s mostly complaining about technical issues or white protagonists than I’m fine

Uh, no. If you want to see a horrible score after multiple delays, look at Crackdown 3. It was a 60, in case you forgot

73 is fine. Not great, just fine.

A triple A, platform exclusive game with a metascore of 73? That sounds horrible, crackdown horrible even.
Okay, now I think you're trolling lol

Last edited:

Stuart360

And yet you seem to have no problem with the same 5 or 6 fanboys of a cerrtain system, shit up every Xbox related thread on this forum, with free reign.
New Gaf is much better than old Gaf, it really is, BUT at least on old Gaf, hardcore fanboys were banned fast, and console wars were kept to a minimum overall.

Fake

And yet you seem to have no problem with the same 5 or 6 fanboys of a cerrtain system, shit up every Xbox related thread on this forum, with free reign.
New Gaf is much better than old Gaf, it really is, BUT at least on old Gaf, hardcore fanboys were banned fast, and console wars were kept to a minimum overall.
To be fair, the old gaf still had console wars, but banned must of the agressive ones.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

The same fanboys who hate Sony first party games, will be crying in about a year or less when Last of Us Part II takes the top spot away from Zelda Breath of the Wild on Metacritic. What a wonderful days of ultra salty tears is waiting in the darkness for that :messenger_grinning_smiling: It's too bad about Days Gone, Sony Bend should have made a Syphon Filter reboot instead, that would have been more interesting to see and play.
Uhhh Syphon Filter reboot for PS5! Yes please!

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Hopefully this is the end of the bland sony third person action game churn. Maybe Sony's studios can try something revolutionary like make a first person game, or an RPG, or anything other than third person action games with rpglite elements.

Keylime

Spoiler Tag Abuser
Report them and specifically call out "this person is console war baiting in this thread and many others" and we'll take a look at it.

We'd much rather not ban people, but nudge them on a better path...but if someone is being that blatant about it or regularly ignoring warnings, we will act on it.

Hopefully this is the end of the bland sony third person action game churn. Maybe Sony's studios can try something revolutionary like make a first person game, or an RPG, or anything other than third person action games with rpglite elements.

I mean Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, TLOU, Spidey, HZD, and GoW are all great games though.

I love a more traditional RPG, don’t get me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom