• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone [OT] Days Gone B Gud

Thread is kinda makin me look forward to this tbh

2h2gho7.jpg

Last edited:

Ogbert

Review 8.7 some would consider it have some spoilers so just heads up.

Pretty much what I was expecting. Lots of good stuff, slightly clunky controls.

Think it will get around an 80 metacritic.

Acidizer

Banned
Looks stunning. Even if it plays like dog shit (which I doubt) I think I would buy this just to soak up the atmosphere alone... don't even need reviews.

One question I do have is: CAN YOU POP WHEELIES?

Golf buggy?! Instabuy. I hope you get to drive that.

Last edited:

Humdinger

I am curious to know whether the game allows plenty of time for quiet exploration, or whether it's more of the "the world is constantly trying to kill you" vibe they've been promoting. I'd really prefer the former, rather than a near-constant fight for survival.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
To those who played the game early, what’s the consensus so far?

Most of the people on reddit said it was good, and some said it was great. Pros: stealth is fun, graphics were good, story good Cons: some bugs, some said the shooting was so-s0 (which to me describes 3rd person shooting), story slow at the beginning, some repetitive open world missions. Reviews start dropping fairly soon now. Sticking with my high 70 to mid 80s mc, if I were to pick a number 83 and 4-7 million in unit sales after a year.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
Looks stunning. Even if it plays like dog shit (which I doubt) I think I would buy this just to soak up the atmosphere alone... don't even need reviews.

One question I do have is: CAN YOU POP WHEELIES?

Golf buggy?! Instabuy. I hope you get to drive that.

I don't think you can do wheelies, that's going to be in Days Gone 2. :messenger_grinning:

GermanZepp

Vandal from spain give it and 8 ,
Positive points:
Its attractive and beautiful setting.
The spectacular hordes with hundreds of zombies.
Everything related to the motorcycle.
Bad points:
Lengthened unnecessarily, repeating contents and causing the story to lose a lot of bellows along the way.
The artificial intelligence of enemies leaves much to be desired.
Some bugs and technical problems.
In summary:
An entertaining game of open world with good ideas and a very attractive setting that quite a few errors that distance it from the best exponents of the genre.

DanielsM

Banned
I'm probably not going to order today, maybe wait a few days. It was either this or Rage 2, so I might wait.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Most of the people on reddit said it was good, and some said it was great. Pros: stealth is fun, graphics were good, story good Cons: some bugs, some said the shooting was so-s0 (which to me describes 3rd person shooting), story slow at the beginning, some repetitive open world missions. Reviews start dropping fairly soon now. Sticking with my high 70 to mid 80s mc, if I were to pick a number 83 and 4-7 million in unit sales after a year.
Thank you. I’m not planning to buy it anytime soon but if the one I’m game sharing with buys it, then I’ll give it a try.

DanielsM

Banned
Thank you. I’m not planning to buy it anytime soon but if the one I’m game sharing with buys it, then I’ll give it a try.
Looks like a low to mid 70s game on MC, so I'm holding off, probably wait to see what Rage 2 gets.

72 on both MC/OC right now, not horrible but not really good to me.

Last edited:

Aren117

Yeah, it looked kinda bland from the start, but didn't expect that low MC.

Hopefully, Sony doesn't kill the studio and we get the new Syphon Filter we deserve.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
I have the feeling that lots of those low scores are because of the bugs that should've been fixed with the day one patch. I have the game preordered (remember, never preorder) and I've been considering cancelling the preorder but it's likely I'll give it a ride after all.

HotPocket69

Banned
Can’t wait

Reviews are lower than expected but oh well. All of the recent gameplay I’ve seen has this looking right up my alley.

A totally familiar and competent copycat if you’ve played any major open world action adventure game of the last five years. Nothing that’ll blow your hair back, but what’s wrong with that?

That straight white male lead though...

5/10 - Not Woke Enough

Bring on tonight!

thelastword

Banned
I have the feeling that lots of those low scores are because of the bugs that should've been fixed with the day one patch. I have the game preordered (remember, never preorder) and I've been considering cancelling the preorder but it's likely I'll give it a ride after all.
Yeah, I've seen many reviewers mention technical issues......But by right, technical issues should have been sorted by launch, they had enough time...Hopefully the technical problems are sorted out with the latest patch...

Elios83

Seems like just a decent game. I've never been particularly interested in it and didn't plan to buy it but mainly because I'm not a fan of the genre.
Imo the game was too ambitious for the relatively small team, it probably was greenlighted in a moment where everything with zombies was cool (2013-2014) but it took too long to be completed and by the time it was released the idea got stale and in general the public has become fatigued even by the usual open world formula.
I hope it's a commercial success anyway so that Bend can learn from it and make a better game next time.

Last edited:

Handy Fake

Seems like just a decent game. I've never been particularly interested in it and didn't plan to buy it but mainly because I'm not a fan of the genre.
Imo the game was too ambitious for the relatively small team, it probably was greenlighted in a moment where everything with zombies was cool (2013-2014) but it took too long to be completed and by the time it was released the idea got stale and in general the public has become fatigued even by the usual open world formula.
I hope it's a commercial success anyway so that Bend can learn from it and make a better game next time.
Pretty much this.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Early scores are lower than what i expected

Still im gona wait for awhile for this game, bit preocupied at the moment

Hopefully more review drops in and shows better result

Last edited:
reviewers hate the game
but
players who buy the game
will
forget the reviews of the game
just
due the game itself so much fun to play and its graphics~so kewl

Skyr

What are the bad reviews from the major sites actually saying? Is it just technical problems or is the game itself not fun to them?

I don’t mind technical problems

I only went through IGN and gamespot. A big point seems to be repetition and also some story and character elements fall flat.

Personally I don't enjoy repetitive tasks and mission structures. Thats why I passed on the last entrys of Far Cry and AC.
Ah well the game is already in my mailbox. I will dive in unbiased and try to enjoy it as much as I can.

Last edited:
i feel it will be sleeper hit mostly likely some ps4 users or buyers of this game would likely check youtuber's review due its has dayone patch unlike official review

DanielsM

Banned
If the game sells really well a 70s MC score will be an afterthought

People actually playing the game seem to enjoy it. I’m still pretty certain I’ll enjoy it.

It’s all good, baby

Sounds kind of like Mad Max, some good stuff but not enough for the reviewers. I thought Mad Max was solid in many areas but the combat just gets boring to me, I think I quit half way through. Some areas of Mad Max were freaking awesome, but the limited combat made the missions just repetitive in nature. I think the reviewers or at least some of the reviewers are getting a similar vibe.

Too bad the Decima engine wasn't available for them back when they started, instead of building all the systems from scratch on top of UE.

HotPocket69

Banned
Sounds kind of like Mad Max, some good stuff but not enough for the reviewers. I thought Mad Max was solid in many areas but the combat just gets boring to me, I think I quit half way through. Some areas of Mad Max were freaking awesome, but the limited combat made the missions just repetitive in nature. I think the reviewers or at least some of the reviewers are getting a similar vibe.

Too bad the Decima engine wasn't available for them back when they started, instead of building all the systems from scratch on top of UE.

There's a lot of Mad Max similarities in this, and not just in the way its being treated by reviewers

The bike along with its maintenance and upgrades (suspension, nitrous, etc) is a spot on copy of the Magnum Opus for example

HYPE

zcaa0g

Banned
It sounds like the bike controls are good so as long as that's good and the combat is good, I'm golden. I couldn't care less about the story.

Top Bottom