• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone [OT] Days Gone B Gud

for easy to buyer's guide wait for youtuber's reviews or aftertaste review due the game has issues on reviewer's copy due there is no day one patch on them~

Ogbert

What a dumb decision to release the patch after reviewers have already played the game to finish.

For what it's worth, a lot of the reviewers call out that they're playing with the 1.03 patch and the performance hits are still there.

nowhat

So, against my best judgment (the reviews are not exactly glowing - although not terrible for the most part either) I bought this. It seems technical issues are a thing for many of the reviewers.

Well, there obviously is a day one patch. A huge one at that. According to the PS store, the game should be 43GB. But looking at what I'm downloading, it's 67GB. Whether that changes anything remains to be seen (in about six hours in my timezone), but hopefully Bend has managed to tackle some of the issues.

Edit: and it's version 1.04 that I'm downloading.

Last edited:
What a dumb decision to release the patch after reviewers have already played the game to finish.

but still its wise decision due the user who buy the game has more info due the current reviewers copy doesnt have day one patch version like on retail version thus those reviews mostly has bad feedback regarding technical issues due being vanilla version

on other news

dualshockers has changed their way of reviewing things like this one(they will not pre-release reviews on sony games) and they will be reviewing both Days Gone and future PlayStation published titles as soon as they release commercially

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Maybe I’m just a fanboy but 72 on MC seems fine to me. I was expecting between 78-82 so it’s lower than I thought but not that much

By my count so far 33 critic reviews give it 80 or higher

GS seemed to really anchor it with that 5. 5 seems pretty brutal

I play games in the 70s all the time and enjoy them.

It says something for a Sony first party game for low to mid 70s is considered “a dud”, let that sink in a little.

Shai-Tan

Banned
At this point I'm not going to invest 30+ hours of time in a game unless it's top of the genre and even then I might no finish it. I still haven't finished Spiderman or Horizon Zero Dawn and probably won't finish Red Dead Redemption 2 when it comes out on PC. Considering how successful Ubisoft games are there's clearly a market for this type of game but I think I'm over it unless your story is compelling or there's something that stands out in the 5-10 hours I'd probably end up playing. I did finish Infamous Second Son so it doesnt even have to be a great game - just something I haven't already played many times over. I'm open to the possibility that zombie swarms set it apart but cool tech doesn't necessarily translate into fun

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
In tlou zombies or how they call them they different story there then what i sae in those early videos here, tlou is intetesting in everyway and there are not so much zombies with that its more intense and because you not alone that gives everything to me. In here i saw tuff guy whos silent dont comment much or talk at all just lurk zombies in bushes and kill in neck with knife. Thats it?
TLOU had super boring zombie stealth/puzzle sections which were repetitive as hell.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
TLOU had super boring zombie stealth/puzzle sections which were repetitive as hell.
True, but it was made by a high caliber developer: Naughty Dog. So, that made up for it to be honest. It’s unfortunate Days Gone didn’t review great, it’s a rental at best.

DonF

I'll get the game when it hits $20-$30, look really interesting. I've lost interest in big open world games, but the zombies and the bike look cool.

So, against my best judgment (the reviews are not exactly glowing - although not terrible for the most part either) I bought this. It seems technical issues are a thing for many of the reviewers.

Well, there obviously is a day one patch. A huge one at that. According to the PS store, the game should be 43GB. But looking at what I'm downloading, it's 67GB. Whether that changes anything remains to be seen (in about six hours in my timezone), but hopefully Bend has managed to tackle some of the issues.

Edit: and it's version 1.04 that I'm downloading.

Wait so are you having to dl a whole new 67gb client? Or just a 24gb patch with the 43gb disc install.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'll wait a week and see what the players think. Im kinda invested into Black Desert right now, so every dollar I spend on another game could be a sexy outfit I'm missing out on for my Waifus. Baby gotta look good ya know?

GAF show me the way.

nowhat

Wait so are you having to dl a whole new 67gb client? Or just a 24gb patch with the 43gb disc install.
Digital, preload. So it's 67GB in total. But the PS store says it should be 43GB (and that number seems to get updated like never in the store, no matter what patches get applied).

Damnit, I cancelled it on Amazon and they still shipped it...maybe it was meant to be 😔

Those who rocking the gm atm, tell me y'all hooked and its 2nd coming 😁

bitbydeath

Full Map can be found in the spoiler. It’s big.

days-gone-full-world-map-655x1024.jpg

Awaiting damage control. Many reviews out there stating about the same. Played it today, glad i didnt buy it.

bitbydeath

Awaiting damage control. Many reviews out there stating about the same. Played it today, glad i didnt buy it.

You shouldn’t base everything around reviews, no reviewer pointed out the flaws in RDR2, those reviews were basically GTAIV all over again.

You shouldn’t base everything around reviews, no reviewer pointed out the flaws in RDR2, those reviews were basically GTAIV all over again.

Not long ago people where saying reviews will be great etc. Ok, but comments on FB are not that long off from what reviewers state though. People where seriously not expecting much, did they?

The reviews are mixed. Some high and some low. There isn’t a majority in either direction.

That in contrast to God of War 2018, HZD, who didnt suffer from low reviews i suppose? People should never have expected days gone even remotely close to that calibre of games.

Last edited:
Not long ago people where saying reviews will be great etc. Ok, but comments on FB are not that long off from what reviewers state though. People where seriously not expecting much, did they?

There are a lot of good/great reviews, and a lot of negative reviews, it’s just the negative ones getting most of the attention.

People acting like this is a 1 out of 10 unplayable disaster.

One post earlier saying “worst AAA game of the year” and it’s not even out yet

DanielsM

Banned
There are a lot of good/great reviews, and a lot of negative reviews, it’s just the negative ones getting most of the attention.
People acting like this is a 1 out of 10 unplayable disaster.
One post earlier saying “worst AAA game of the year” and it’s not even out yet

I for one can't say the scores are wrong, I actually think MC is a good indicator of good and bad games, as a generalization. With that said, this one is quite strange in that I'm not really seeing the issues people are talking about from looking at the actually game play videos . Other than some of the bugs, which are fairly typical of a open world game. I mean there is a side mission in RDR2 that I can't complete because it freezes my box, and had a similar issue with RDR back in the day on a main mission - lucky I was able to figure out how to avoid the bug.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member

Bring this to the review thread and not try and derail the OT.

Shakka43

Ok played about an hour it already, definitely some minor annoyances like the cutscenes to gameplay transitions and some clipping when riding in the back of the bike. Gameplay wise all seems fine so far, and graphically, aside from the horrible flashlight implementation the game looks pretty damn good.

Inviusx

Yeah I have to agree with others here, the image quality is nuts. Really makes RDR2 look like a blurry mess.

HotPocket69

Banned
Well I was up til 4 even though I think I only played for about two hours. Got up to where you take Boozer to the firewatch station after he gets jumped and burned up by the Rippers.

Then he takes his shotgun back :messenger_crying:

I like it a lot so far, but I will say this: it feels OLD. Like the entire time playing I felt like I was back in 2013-2014. Not exactly a bad thing, but everything about it is well worn territory so far in terms of mechanics and control. Deacon feels just as weighty as Joel in TLOU. Hell even the animations for picking up materials looks exactly like the TLOU pick up animation. Gun reticles have a sway to them. They shrink and enlarge depending on your movement. You can tell that this has been in the making for a long fucking time.

Cant wait to sink my teeth in some more.

Also I think it’s funny to see reviewers pick it apart because of whitey and all that other bullshit and yet absolutely no one mentioned that you straight up murder children. I mean they’re freaker children, but still

B8-E54082-8-F81-499-A-99-DB-1555-CE7-E8-F85.jpg

Strong willed white male? REEEEEEEE

Murdering kids? Eh, not a problem :messenger_ok:

Last edited:
Top Bottom