• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone [OT] Days Gone B Gud

scalman

I sae gameplay and im kinda still not sure about it. That gameplay with lurking to those zombies and killing them silently its kinda same old as we allready saw and done before. So maybe story will change my mind as im not buying it just from that gameplay videos.

I sae gameplay and im kinda still not sure about it. That gameplay with lurking to those zombies and killing them silently its kinda same old as we allready saw and done before. So maybe story will change my mind as im not buying it just from that gameplay videos.

I think you can often choose the way you want to kill zombies, silently or in a barbaric way.

scalman

In tlou zombies or how they call them they different story there then what i sae in those early videos here, tlou is intetesting in everyway and there are not so much zombies with that its more intense and because you not alone that gives everything to me. In here i saw tuff guy whos silent dont comment much or talk at all just lurk zombies in bushes and kill in neck with knife. Thats it?

HotPocket69

Banned
Great OT!

8D914C59-6442-410A-8ED2-E3D520F5697E.gif

I am bored with the lack of variety in locations. I think the filter gives it a mood, but it also makes it look unremarkable. We have seen a lot of zombie games and movies that look like this. From The Road to Walking Dead, it looks like the scary and creepy bits are similar to what we have seen before so many times. The Sons of Anarchy-type biker stuff, is of course interesting, and I hope the story will be good, because that is probably the only way that this could maintain my interest all the way through.

I hope this will succeed for the studio! They have obviously put so much hard work into it. It's also been a dream to have these WWZ type hordes in games format.

mejin

I am bored with the lack of variety in locations. I think the filter gives it a mood, but it also makes it look unremarkable. We have seen a lot of zombie games and movies that look like this. From The Road to Walking Dead, it looks like the scary and creepy bits are similar to what we have seen before so many times. The Sons of Anarchy-type biker stuff, is of course interesting, and I hope the story will be good, because that is probably the only way that this could maintain my interest all the way through.

I hope this will succeed for the studio! They have obviously put so much hard work into it. It's also been a dream to have these WWZ type hordes in games format.

I think the world is the best thing from the game. It really is beautiful, but you would have to see some different videos to see the variety in the locations.

Anyway, I wish the best for Bend. After years of making portable games, Days Gone is a huge jump from them.

I think the world is the best thing from the game. It really is beautiful, but you would have to see some different videos to see the variety in the locations.

Anyway, I wish the best for Bend. After years of making portable games, Days Gone is a huge jump from them.

It looks like Oregon would look like in that sort of world, that's for sure. And it is beautiful. But my experience with open world has led me to think that I will grow bored of it over 20-30 hours of play. I also think that culturally, we are oversaturated with zombie games. But that isn't fair because there are many bright, cartoony and different types of zombie games. Maybe that is why Days Gone looks like that?

We have had Zombie Island (aloha paradise type zombies), Dead Rising and Sunset Overdrive (oversatured and bright colors), if you would call those zombie games. Left 4 Dead has a cartoony aesthetic. Plants vs Zombie, Call of Duty zombie mode and so on too..

HotPocket69

Banned
It looks like Oregon would look like in that sort of world, that's for sure. And it is beautiful. But my experience with open world has led me to think that I will grow bored of it over 20-30 hours of play. I also think that culturally, we are oversaturated with zombie games. But that isn't fair because there are many bright, cartoony and different types of zombie games. Maybe that is why Days Gone looks like that?

We have had Zombie Island (aloha paradise type zombies), Dead Rising and Sunset Overdrive (oversatured and bright colors), if you would call those zombie games. Left 4 Dead has a cartoony aesthetic. Plants vs Zombie, Call of Duty zombie mode and so on too..

All those games you listed are old as fuck and irrelevant nowadays.

We haven't had an open world "zombie" game since, what? Ever?

In Sony's Name I Do Pray

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Dying Light? It's great, if you never tried it.

Ohhhh yeah totally forgot about that one. Always wanted to check it out.

But even that game is like over four years old at this point.

Days Gone is going to feel super familiar especially if you've played open world and action adventure games over the past couple years, but the whole premise, locale etc is what is going to keep it a bit fresh. At least I hope.

All those games you listed are old as fuck and irrelevant nowadays.

We haven't had an open world "zombie" game since, what? Ever?

In Sony's Name I Do Pray

I don't think that really matters. The age of the games or this being an open world game, doesn't visually make it stand out or make it feel like anything else. The lack of variety in the locations throughout an entire open world game is often not a good thing.

The locations, atmosphere, color palette and such just looks and sounds like something we have seen before. Many times. On TV and in games.

Ogbert

I think I might be being stupid. Just tried to pre order on Amazon UK and only the limited edition is available at £50.

Is there a cheaper, standard version? Or is it a case of going digital?

bitbydeath

I don't think that really matters. The age of the games or this being an open world game, doesn't visually make it stand out or make it feel like anything else. The lack of variety in the locations throughout an entire open world game is often not a good thing.

The locations, atmosphere, color palette and such just looks and sounds like something we have seen before. Many times. On TV and in games.

We’ve only seen a small part of the map so far. Theres said to be six different area types including lava fields.

Gamernyc78

Banned
That’s about what I expected, and got shit on from above because I spoke my mind.

Just because he feels that ways doesn't make it the consensus. There is a reddit with ppl who have the game early and they love it. Take me for example, I thought Botw was an empty, barren game with crap bosses and I think it's a little under average however I know most ppl don't feel tht way.

Last edited:

isual

it would be nice to see the map size now. i alpha tested this 2 years ago and i only saw a bit of the map. just the souther portion, which i think was 1/5th only

Fiction. If you played L4D the infected are super fast even if you use adrenaline shot on L4D2.
That's the main reason I'm interested in days gone. Hundreds of L4D type zombies.

Sure we've had tons of zombies in dead rising but they basically stand still.

Fake

That's the main reason I'm interested in days gone. Hundreds of L4D type zombies.

Sure we've had tons of zombies in dead rising but they basically stand still.
When L4D launch, I played with my cousin and she said 'wtf why zombies are so fast?'. People grow so much attach to Resident Evil and they forget 'zombies' are dead guys. Those are actually 'not dead', instead creatures infected by the some 'virus' with keep evolving. L4D act in the same way. If you already read the plot, normal infected sometimes evolve to special infected like Boomer, Smoker, etc... Is the virus with modific those creatures. Give then some kind of super power.

When L4D launch, I played with my cousin and she said 'wtf why zombies are so fast?'. People grow so much attach to Resident Evil and they forget 'zombies' are dead guys. Those are actually 'not dead', instead creatures infected by the some 'virus' with keep evolving. L4D act in the same way. If you already read the plot, normal infected sometimes evolve to special infected like Boomer, Smoker, etc... Is the virus with modific those creatures. Give then some kind of super power.
I played the ever living crap out of 1 and 2 in split screen.

Too bad we got evolved instead of l4d3...

Top Bottom