• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ Early Access Thread - We dont go to Stary Sobor

The concept of a zombie survival game sounds so simple. It's crazy nobody has pulled it off yet and all we've got his jank.

People clearly want it, they just want something that isn't broke.

Agreed. When an talented studio eventually puts something out like this, without the jank...it's going to be huge.

JDB

Banned
Awesome, great to hear

Seriously, DayZ (well the mod at the time) is one of the games that finally made me move from freeware and flash games to seriously PC gaming because I needed to play it after reading all those player stories. I've been waiting three years to finally play it
Did you ever play the mod?

JDB

Banned
No, couldnt run Arma 2 back then.
Ah, that's too bad. Those were basically the golden days. It's the sole reason I got a gaming PC. Standalone has a good amount of content, but feature-wise it's still relatively barebones. Personally I'm waiting for basebuilding and mod support to jump back in.

Ah, that's too bad. Those were basically the golden days. It's the sole reason I got a gaming PC. Standalone has a good amount of content, but feature-wise it's still relatively barebones. Personally I'm waiting for basebuilding and mod support to jump back in.
Do people still play the mod? Or it too hard for a newcomer to get into?

JDB

Banned
Do people still play the mod? Or it too hard for a newcomer to get into?
This came up when I googled for DayZ servers: https://www.gametracker.com/search/dayzmod/#search

If that's correct then there are still easily enough servers up with a good amount of players to have a good experience. Keep in mind some of the servers are mods (like Epoch and Overpoch) that sometimes move away a bit from the hardcore survival stuff focus more on PvP stuff, AI missions and building bases. They can be a lot of fun, but they're not necessarily what people are looking for in DayZ.

On one hand those are are bit harder to get into because it has more complicated stuff with bases and missions, but it's usually also less punishing and gives out weapons, gear and food more easily. The vanilla mod on the other hand is more basic, but may be harsher in that regard.

cebri.one

I came back to DayZ after 2 years and so far it has delivered, seems so much more fun to play, the game runs much better and i'm happy to see some progress.

However is just not acceptable that this took 3 years and still there are plenty of bugs.

Top Bottom