• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ - zombie apocalypse online FFA permadeath survival Arma II mod

Can't watch the stream, how's the darkness? Usual light sources or new ones?

screenshot I took. Light mounted to gun as you can see
7jJgkUj.jpg

creyas

It looks damn good. Lighting looks super smooth, incredibly pleasing image. Is it improved from the mod or is the stream just fooling me/do i remember wrong (quite a bit of time since i last played)?

DTKT

Rocket seems to have such a strange personality. Constantly switching between super serious, techy and chav.

Amazing.

elseanio

Re: why no questions are getting asked in the Q&A session "dean gets distracted when playing (understandably) we wait for him to say more questions pls."

He's been looking for batteries for the past 20 minutes..

Wigglers

Neo Member
I just can't see why rocket doesn't want to release it ASAP with xmas coming up, I mean that's like more sales in his pocket pretty much guaranteed. You see major game studios postpone games till this time of year on purpose! It's not even the full game yet it's the alpha rocket pls...

elyetis

Re: why no questions are getting asked in the Q&A session "dean gets distracted when playing (understandably) we wait for him to say more questions pls."

He's been looking for batteries for the past 20 minutes..
It's not like the answer is almost always the same 'cool idea/we talked about it/we are thinking about it'. Thought we always learn some interesting technical stuff.

Also :

:imagine an imaginary train derailing gif:

As always. ( oh nooo bugs in alpha, can't release it like that )

Grief.exe

I just can't see why rocket doesn't want to release it ASAP with xmas coming up, I mean that's like more sales in his pocket pretty much guaranteed. You see major game studios postpone games till this time of year on purpose! It's not even the full game yet it's the alpha rocket pls...

Bohemia isn't worried about day one sales at all. The mod sold Arma II by word of mouth over many months, the Standalone will do the same.

Jay Fray

"This time of year" is usually November, not December. The amount of time available to a Studio in December is very limited, so releasing in November allows them the breathing room to remedy any major issues or, if nothing goes wrong, they can relax over the holidays and watch the sales roll in over Christmas. Releasing the week before Christmas would be stupid.

Dex815

It's not like the answer is almost always the same 'cool idea/we talked about it/we are thinking about it'. Thought we always learn some interesting technical stuff.

Also :
As always. ( oh nooo bugs in alpha, can't release it like that )

That's not cool dude, that accident was a few months ago and 80 people died...

Edit: gif gone, thank you.

elyetis

That's not cool dude, that accident was a few months ago and 80 people died...
Can remove it if you want, I tend not to consider that images you see for a week 10 times a day, each time you switch the tv on, as something I should handle with more care than all the other media.

J-Rock

Banned
Dean can't even confirm if it will be out this year on the stream. So yeah... I'm expecting 2014. And the guy asking questions sucks filthy ass. Horrible at questioning.

elyetis

No set date and, 'we are loosely targeting sometime in the next two weeks,' are two completely different things.
Didn't he just pretty much avoided really answering the 'at least can you say what year ?' ?

fake edit : and gif removed, I guess removing it from the quote would also avoid too much thread 'derailing'

Uiki

Dean can't even confirm if it will be out this year on the stream. So yeah... I'm expecting 2014. And the guy asking questions sucks filthy ass. Horrible at questioning.

Yeah. But this streaming is WAY more "stable" than the previous ones. So.. no apparent reason to delay it anymore.

After this streaming, 2014 makes no sense to me.

zugzug

Does Hicks work for Rocket now? Hicks was talking about some sound guy coming in to work with the team, I mean it sounded like Hicks voice to me.

elyetis

At the end of the stream he will actually say "oh guys, I just pressed the button, alpha is actually released !", right ? right ?

Top Bottom