• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ - zombie apocalypse online FFA permadeath survival Arma II mod

I had a dream last night about Day-Z. I dreamt I was crashing a helicopter into the side of a mountain because of lag. I woke up this morning thinking I was about to re-install it again for the umpteenth time, and decided against it. But I think it has to be a sign of things to come. Dreaming about Day-Z must mean that I've somehow tapped into a subconscious hive mind that has become cognizant of an impending launch, right?

I dreamed about DayZ too! I shared a dream with god!

My Merlin! Hit by stinger missile, hit by fighter jet. Emergency land, hit by three smaw's. Jump out and murder the bastards that shot my helicopter

OoqlZ4I.png

Confirmed crunch time. SA out this week. Or next week. Or the week after that. It will release in our life time possibly.

I swear I've been following this thread for a long time and I truly worry for the heart condition of many of the posters in here. This rollercoaster of hype and letdown is not good guys!!!

Professor

Neo Member
I'm sure with the bare bones nature of the alpha, we will be playing for a couple days and then come back a month later.

We let this guy do the OP? Don't worry, AC you'll get to cover all the funerals for all the gaffers I'm about to kill. G.Newell has nothing on me!

I'm sure with the bare bones nature of the alpha, we will be playing for a couple days and then come back a month later.

Pretty sure this is going to be me. My hype has kind of died down but I'll still get it on launch. Either I'll play for a few days and return later on, or I'll enjoy the changes so much that I won't stop.

Grief.exe

We let this guy do the OP? Don't worry, AC you'll get to cover all the funerals for all the gaffers I'm about to kill. G.Newell has nothing on me!

That is just the nature of how I play games. I go all into them when I find something truly deep, but the Standalone will be lacking depth at the beginning.

Once they get all the bugs fixed, and start iterating on new content, vehicles, weapons, barricades, etc, we will have quite the game.

I'm actually thinking they are going to have a great base to begin patching in the new content quite quickly.

J-Rock

Banned
That is just the nature of how I play games. I go all into them when I find something truly deep, but the Standalone will be lacking depth at the beginning.

Once they get all the bugs fixed, and start iterating on new content, vehicles, weapons, barricades, etc, we will have quite the game.

I'm actually thinking they are going to have a great base to begin patching in the new content quite quickly.

Do you play alone?

Atomski

I like both.

Just like when I backpack. Sometimes I like to go off by myself, but the best experiences are always with friends.

I will play with the GAF group, and sometimes I will randomly show up for assistance then head off.

Yeah this is how I am as well. Its always kinda cool jumping in to help people then saying goodbye and running back off into the woods.

although it almost got me killed a few times by gaffers. I remember when I spent all day fixing car and then I hear these guys in mumble talking about shooting a guy fixing a car and I am like noooo stoppppp. Then I gave them a ride all over the place.

Grief.exe

Yeah this is how I am as well. Its always kinda cool jumping in to help people then saying goodbye and running back off into the woods.

although it almost got me killed a few times by gaffers. I remember when I spent all day fixing car and then I hear these guys in mumble talking about shooting a guy fixing a car and I am like noooo stoppppp. Then I gave them a ride all over the place.

If I find a car or something on my travels I would jump into GAF mumble immediately in order to get some man power to fix the ride and have some shenanigans.

J-Rock

Banned
If I find a car or something on my travels I would jump into GAF mumble immediately in order to get some man power to fix the ride and have some shenanigans.

I'm guessing you've only played in that low rent "Ghost Town" GAF mumble. Join the legit GAF mumble and be apart of strange journeys you will always remember but desperately wish you could forget.

Grief.exe

I'm guessing you've only played in that low rent "Ghost Town" GAF mumble. Join the legit GAF mumble and be apart of strange journeys you will always remember but desperately wish you could forget.

Will do, I'll get the information from you guys when Standalone launches.

Or PM me the info now so I have it when the game launches.

ZenVolta

IM FLIPPING SHIT OVER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get me on that Hype train!!!!!!!!!!

Я вам песенку спою про пять минут.
Эту песенку мою пускай поют.
Пусть летит она по свету,
Я дарю вам песню эту,
Эту песенку про пять минут.©

Bring it on Rocket

Overdoziz

Banned
Дзен, остановить всю эту ерунду.

robin2

5 minutes then the alpher will be out?
Or in the last 5 minutes of testing they did find a nasty bug that force them to rewrite everything from scratch?

Enco

:lol please

Guys.. just.. stop...

No one has reliable insider info. No one knows when the game will be out. There aren't any hidden hints anywhere.

The game will be out sooner (lol) or later. Just deal with it. Stop thinking about it and we will all be ok.

edit: oh and whenever it does come out, I'm pretty sure it's going to be unplayable for a good while

IMACOMPUTA

With everyone on this crowded hype train it's pretty likely we'll all be getting sick soon and have to stay home from work, amirite?

Ianan

I want to go eat and shower but I'm terrified I'm going to miss something. DayZ SA does this to you man, I can't live a normal life until its out!

Top Bottom