• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DBFZ producer declines to acknowledge Switch port demands, wants you to buy XV2

Excuses like these are a major reason why Nintendo needs to have a more strict control and overwatch over third-parties in order to avoid them using bad sales from late ports as excuses to shift support for their systems. This was done by many third-parties since the GameCube days. XV2 Switch was obvious been developed with this strategy in mind and seems to be the case despite Switch sales surprising everyone and demand for DBFZ.

Does 20,000 retweets within the span of 5 days across from 2 different tweets, petitions with 10,000 signatures or more and a lot of positive chatter in every gaming forum count?

I don't know..is that going to translate to sales if/when FighterZ comes out?

Banned
Same old shit we've been hearing since the gamecube days.

I'd be ok with this if XV didn't play like ass.

I get why they want to do this. Push people towards current releases. But I also am not going to buy shit I don't want in "hopes" of getting something I do want. Release a product people actually want then we can talk about whether I am in for your next product.

Terrell

I don't know..is that going to translate to sales if/when FighterZ comes out?

Generally speaking, people don't ask for things they don't actually want, and all the RT campaigns and petitions total up to over 50,000 people who have done so. And that's just from the people who know such campaigns exist.

So yeah, I believe it would.

They're right. Is there really an audience on switch for Japanese fighting games? They have to gauge it first with a late port no one really cares about.

/s obviously

Seik

Banned
Same old shit we've been hearing since the gamecube days.

I'd be ok with this if XV didn't play like ass.

For the Gamecube's defense, it got Budokai 1 and 2...but not 3.

I fucking bought one of my 3-4 PS2s for B3 back then! D:

Dipper145

I mean its probably not a super easy thing to do to port to the switch. So they want to see how xenoverse does on the switch / want to sell that to dbz fans before talking about the other dbz game.

I'm sure they put a lot of thought and research into this decision and it wasn't just a "hahahaha lets hold this game back because screw all the people who have a switch!" Which isn't very surprising.

Do people think about possible reasons why they would actually do this from a business standpoint or just immediately jump to knowing that they want game Y thus they must bring it to console A or else I am personally affronted and these people are terrible humans who ignore everyone who wants the game Y.

I mean I know where shes coming from, and what other answer could she give. I know people run wild with assumptions and read what they want to read instead of what is written (and said) but let's face it, theres no switch version of this game coming at the moment, and most likely at all.

This was a "we got a dragon ball game coming on switch if you want one, get that" not a buy this other one then we will do the other thing.

Malakai

The portable games don't sell near the home console versions. Just because it's a Japanese property that doesn't mean Japan is the biggest market for the DB games. There's a reason they come to X1 and along with the Naruto games. Namco has every reason to focus on getting the X1 and Ps4 versions out first.

I willing to wager that the creation of the assets for DBZF is an order of magnitude greater than the total developmental cost of DBZ Extreme Butoden.

Balfour

Good thing DBFZ is a vague 2018 release with no solid date.

No one at ASW has said it won't hit Switch at the same time.

The one thing they did say is that if a Switch port were approved, it is not guaranteed to launch the same time as the others. Meaning they wouldn't start on it if it would hold up progress on the other versions. That's not to say it wouldn't launch at the same time, but that they wouldn't make promises

Anyway, its not up to ASW if a Switch port is made. Its Namco. And seeing as Namco wants XV2 to sell, this was obviously going to be the PR response

Most likely a Switch port won't be announced until after XV2 is released on Switch. Maybe not until the end of the year or beginning of the next. If it gets a port at all

Top Bottom