• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Comics for December 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomoment

I need to add... the GREATEST Batman story in years begins in December.

Detective801.jpg

DETECTIVE COMICS #801
Written by David Lapham and Mike Carey
Art by Ramon Bachs & Nathan Massengill and John Lucas
Cover by Lapham

Part 1 of the sprawling 12-part saga “City of Crime” written by David Lapham (Stray Bullets) with art by Ramon Bachs (BATMAN: THE 12-CENT ADVENTURE) & Nathan Massengill (DETECTIVE COMICS)!

Gotham City at night is no place for children, as Batman knows all too well. As the Dark Knight tries to shut down a drug ring that’s turned deadly, Bruce Wayne must contend with a wayward 14 -year-old who’s getting dangerously close to Gotham’s underworld!

ASTRO CITY: THE DARK AGE #1
Written by Kurt Busiek
Art by Brent Anderson
Cover by Alex Ross

Beginning the longest, most earth-shaking, most-requested ASTRO CITY epic ever!

In the early ’70s, in the wake of a global catastrophe, two brothers deal with family secrets and social upheaval. Their story involves heroes from Jack-in-the-Box to the Blue Knight, newcomers like the Apollo Eleven, and the unsettling events leading to the final fate of the Silver Agent!

THE DARK AGE unfolds in four 3-issue arcs that stretch across Astro City’s darkest era. Find out why the ’70s were so troubled through the eyes of two men who survived its depths.
On sale Dec 22 • 1 of 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.95 US

Thats what I am looking forward too!

BuddyC

It never fails - I'll always screw up and read the solicitation for Y the Last Man, completely spoiling the next few issues.

Batman and Danger Girl got a great :lol from me though.

shoplifter

Fuck you, Mark Waid.

THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #1
Written by Mark Waid
Art and cover by Barry Kitson

One of the most anticipated returns of the year begins as Mark Waid and Barry Kitson — the critically acclaimed team of the miniseries EMPIRE — rebuild The Legion of Super-Heroes in a way no one can afford to miss!

The early days of the 31st century are a Golden Age for the galaxy, as poverty, famine, war and disease have become relics of the past, not only on Earth but on most other known worlds. The Dawning Millennium is utopian: shining, optimistic, bright…and deadly dull. That is, until a bright, defiant, energized team of super-powered teenagers from different worlds is assembled! They form a team of passionate activists and fierce dreamers crusading to make a difference and leave their mark on a society that has forgotten how to fight for change!

Every issue of this monthly series will be a whopping 40 pages for just $2.95 US. Get ready for The Legion of Super-Heroes: fighting for justice and tolerance while learning from — and learning to tolerate — one another!
On sale Dec 29 • 40 pg, FC, $2.95 US Edited by Stephen Wacker

Fuck you, Paul Levitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom