• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

Joni

Those are some pretty strong missiles and torpedoes but Rip did say that The Waverider isn't suited for Aquatic warfare.

437325.jpg

Too bad Morbotron doesn't work as good as Frinkiac because this is the perfect joke for it.

I just usually separate the ways Flash and LOT uses time travel. Flash has the speedforce involved so its easier to see how the time line can get fucked. LOT uses future tech that's a lot more precise and a lot more mistake friendly.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It was messy and dumb, but I enjoyed it. Last season started out fun too though, before turning to garbage, so hopefully history doesn't repeat itself this time around.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just came up on CW's website. Gonna dive in now!

Stein's voiceover is best voiceover.

Victor Garber gives it the necessary gravitas that the voiceover needs.

Asbel

I just usually separate the ways Flash and LOT uses time travel. Flash has the speedforce involved so its easier to see how the time line can get fucked. LOT uses future tech that's a lot more precise and a lot more mistake friendly.
The excuse is the ship can calculate how messed up the time line is from Legend intervention while Barry blindly changes the future.

Bluth54

Not great but a decent enough start for the season. I really liked who the villains are this season and the JSA reveal was great.

Fun enough but it kept nagging the hell out of me how some dude in the "present" is talking about history being changed when he shouldn't even be aware of it unless I'm missing some weird alternate timeline shit somewhere.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Fun enough but it kept nagging the hell out of me how some dude in the "present" is talking about history being changed when he shouldn't even be aware of it unless I'm missing some weird alternate timeline shit somewhere.

I think the "explanation" was the BS he was rambling about in Oliver's office, about his friend who studies quantum physics alerting him to whatever mumbo jumbo. Basically a shoulder shrug from the writers to just go with it lol

Averon

Good premiere, but how the time historian/detective was so conveniently inserted into the story made me roll my eyes so hard.

I think the "explanation" was the BS he was rambling about in Oliver's office, about his friend who studies quantum physics alerting him to whatever mumbo jumbo. Basically a shoulder shrug from the writers to just go with it lol

I'm hoping it's just a hint that the dude was just making up some shitty cover story.

Mariolee

Had a lot of fun with this episode! Enjoyed the corniness, even though the whole "We're the Justice Society of America" thing at the end was almost too corny for my tastes.

Sölf

Good episode. The last 2 minutes were hype as hell. The beginning was also great, but the middle part was a bit dull. Still, I am interested to see what is happening next.

And yeah, someone needs to get Jay Garrick to lecture them about time travel, please.

KonradLaw

That was fun little premiere, even despite the fact that the budget clearly can't handle too distant time trecks (Jesus..that France :D ).
Not as good as Arrow premiere, but I liked it more than Supergirl and Flash ones. I just hope Rip won't stay too long out of the team.
Mick remains the best character on the show and jesus christ..that Thawne bit was hype :D

ZeroX03

Banned
Woah, huge spoiler in that Letscher interview:
apparently RF is not going to kill all the Legends, and will actually have his plans foiled because he's the villain not the hero and that's how superhero storytelling works, weird because I'm pretty sure I'm the main character but w/e

Joni

Woah, huge spoiler in that Letscher interview:
apparently RF is not going to kill all the Legends, and will actually have his plans foiled because he's the villain not the hero and that's how superhero storytelling works, weird because I'm pretty sure I'm the main character but w/e
Remember, he is lying. He learned that from Guggenheim. So don't worry. It will be alright.

Chase17

Can't believe that have cast off the hawk people, and are instead giving screen time to Reverse Flash, a character that no one cares for or wants to see. Sad!

Grizzlyjin

I just figured he was always on the submarine but not wearing his costume. Or he was wearing the costume, but he was vibrating his molecules so fast that light was passing past them and he became invisible.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just imagine Reverse Flash running through the water and phasing into the submarine.

Now imagine it from a distance.

We were cheated last night.

Grizzlyjin

Why arent they aware of flashpoint?

They're outside the time stream or whatever mumbo jumbo. Also, maybe it's below their pay grade so to speak. The current changes in Barry's life are fairly minor compared to the Axis powers getting a nuclear weapon first or King Louis XIV never being born.

Maybe they'll touch on that when they explain Reverse Flash's presence.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I will say, this is probably the first time I've seen an action montage that featured two women kissing each other in the middle of it.

And even though I don't know anything about DC, the attempts at fanservice works quite well. I have no idea what a JSA is (b-tier Justice League I assume) or why someone would name themselves "Reverse Flash" (seriously? Is there a "Bad Superman" too?) but it was a nice little pop at the end.

Hopefully this makes up for season 1.

ZeroX03

Banned
And even though I don't know anything about DC, the attempts at fanservice works quite well. I have no idea what a JSA is (b-tier Justice League I assume) or why someone would name themselves "Reverse Flash" (seriously? Is there a "Bad Superman" too?) but it was a nice little pop at the end.

The fuck

Hold me back GAF

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Come on, Reverse Flash is such a silly name!

Also, did they write off Rip Hunter from the show and replace him with the historian guy?

tim1138

Decent premiere, as usual Sara stole the show. Now that all four shows are up and running I'd rank them Supergirl > Arrow > Flash = Legends.

The Light

Would've made more sense to beam them all back to 2016, but don't remember if that was explained away.
Also really don't get trying to keep the timeline exactly intact after they basically erased Savage, who was a major player in some historic events from existence.

I will say, this is probably the first time I've seen an action montage that featured two women kissing each other in the middle of it.

Hopefully this makes up for season 1.

Bizzaro is the Bad Superman. Judge his name accordingly.

Top Bottom