• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"DDR 2015": arcade location test of newest Dance Dance Revolution at Round1 PHM July

Update2:

The location test at Round1 has ended, and the machine has moved to the Dave and Buster's in Irvine, CA for the next three weeks.

Update:

"The DDR 2014 Location test at Round 1 PHM will be starting next Tuesday [August 4] and will run for 2 weeks. PLEASE do not show up too early as the techs and Konami reps will be busy setting it up in the morning, safe bet is that the machine should be ready to play by 1pm if there are no problems though.

Note: The test will still be running on the Japanese e-amusement server, so it will not be playable from 1p-3p each day due to scheduled maintenance."

From Round1's Facebook, "DDR 2015" will be available for play near the end of July at the Puente Hills Mall location for a limited time.

Bemanistyle's sources state this is actually a location test for a localized version of the game:

We have received an update on the upcoming Round 1 location test. It is not actually DDR 2015, rather a U.S. localized version of DDR 2014. We do not know if this will contain any exclusive content, but we have received confirmation that it will be in the newer style Japanese cabinet.

Clarification for those wondering, the U.S. DDR 2014 Location Test at Round 1 *will* be e-amusement enabled.

Sources: (1) (2)

This announcement also confirms a location test of Tekken 7. A previous version of the announcement also included Disney Tsum Tsum, but this version of the announcement has been deleted with no explanation.

Up until now, the last localized version of DDR was DanceDanceRevolution X2 in 2010, which did not see wide release due to Konami's then distributing partner's decision to only sell the game as full cabinets rather than making upgrade kits for existing cabinets available.

blazeaire

Wow nice, wonder what songs they'll use. I wpuld love a current gen DDR game with the proper pads and everything but sadly I think that ship sailed years ago :(

5amshift

Banned
Would never have guessed this would get the attention it has, but that's great! Our source says it'll be a "culturally" localized version of the game. You may see some exclusive American pop songs, but nothing confirmed so far.

If you're in the area, definitely go and support and play the game when it arrives to test!

Would never have guessed this would get the attention it has, but that's great! Our source says it'll be a "culturally" localized version of the game. You may see some exclusive American pop songs, but nothing confirmed so far.

If you're in the area, definitely go and support and play the game when it arrives to test!

I'm nowhere near the area but am considering flying in when the dates are nailed down.

DDR news? Awesome. Been playing for 11+ years (even though I rarely play anymore) so I'm glad to see it isn't completely dead.

If Chinatown Fair gets this, I may get back into it for a few weeks.

Looking forward to reading impressions when this happens.

5amshift

Banned
DDR news? Awesome. Been playing for 11+ years (even though I rarely play anymore) so I'm glad to see it isn't completely dead.

If Chinatown Fair gets this, I may get back into it for a few weeks.

Looking forward to reading impressions when this happens.

I've seen your name around the community back in the ITG days, hope you're doing well!
I'm in Boston, but also considered flying out for the event, but who knows if that'll happen.

5amshift

Banned
Release it on consoles. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Konami is done with releasing music games on consoles now, unfortunately.

So they're finally having e-amuse here.

eAmuse has been here for awhile now, but only at Round 1 locations. An English eAmuse site went up about a month ago which got the community speculating. You're going to see more Round 1 locations open in the next two years, like, a lot of them and they'll all be up on eAmuse.

Konami is done with releasing music games on consoles now, unfortunately.

eAmuse has been here for awhile now, but only at Round 1 locations. An English eAmuse site went up about a month ago which got the community speculating. You're going to see more Round 1 locations open in the next two years, like, a lot of them and they'll all be up on eAmuse.

Furthermore, Konami just shut down (C&D) the unofficial e-amusement website, programmedworld, a few months ago. It was around and used by arcades for years and Konami did nothing about it. Maybe this is why it was shut down! :)

e-Amusement in the US is limited to Round1 at the moment, owing to Round1 being a Japanese company that received permission (or paid significant license fees) to use their existing Japanese accounts in the US. To my knowledge this has not been extended to any other company, nor would I expect it to short of Konami deciding to expand the service in earnest; Round1 pulled it off because they're a gigantic company with a lot of pull.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member

I forgot they were the exception. It would be nice if support spread out, but I guess there's not much enthusiasm as before for Benani games. Even less now with Konami forcing ProgrammedWorld out of arcades.

I've seen your name around the community back in the ITG days, hope you're doing well!
I'm in Boston, but also considered flying out for the event, but who knows if that'll happen.

Thanks man. All is well :) Did you go by any other name? Maybe I've seen you around as well. Good times were had back then.

StarCreator, thanks for that info. Never knew about that place.

I would love a home version but that's not happening. I still wouldn't mind buying a PS2 and reliving all those mixes.

5amshift

Banned
Furthermore, Konami just shut down (C&D) the unofficial e-amusement website, programmedworld, a few months ago. It was around and used by arcades for years and Konami did nothing about it. Maybe this is why it was shut down! :)

There was a reason that happened, and more will be out about that soon :)
I went from not playing any rhythm games for 7+ years, to just about getting back into them again because of this announcement as well as an eAmuse announcement coming at a later time. There's nothing cool than being on that shit officially.

e-Amusement in the US is limited to Round1 at the moment, owing to Round1 being a Japanese company that received permission (or paid significant license fees) to use their existing Japanese accounts in the US.

From what I'm told by a reputable source, they pay the licensing fees for all their machines. Oof.

So Disney Tsum Tsum is apparently being set up right now at R1 Puente Hills. DDR will be later. I suppose the two games are taking turns.

From the Bemanistyle guy:

"The DDR 2014 Location test at Round 1 PHM will be starting next Tuesday and will run for 2 weeks. PLEASE do not show up too early as the techs and Konami reps will be busy setting it up in the morning, safe bet is that the machine should be ready to play by 1pm if there are no problems though.

Note: The test will still be running on the Japanese e-amusement server, so it will not be playable from 1p-3p each day due to scheduled maintenance."

So, Aug 4-18.

mackattk

US Localized version? That makes me pretty wary of it. It reminds me of the awful recent console versions full of shitty pop songs.

I absolutely loved playing DDR, and never got the Cobalt Flux pad I always wanted.

5amshift

Banned
US Localized version? That makes me pretty wary of it. It reminds me of the awful recent console versions full of shitty pop songs.

We've talked with Konami and they know what the US crowd wants. We gave our input. What's just a tad few pop songs?

Also, people attending the test, don't spill anything on the pearly white cabinet.

mackattk

We've talked with Konami and they know what the US crowd wants. We gave our input. What's just a tad few pop songs?

Also, people attending the test, don't spill anything on the pearly white cabinet.

Ok, I guess I misread it and assumed the worst. If there are a few pop songs in addition to the regular songs I don't have a problem with it.

DDR is onsite! It should be playable in the afternoon, probably around 4 PM PDT.

11311549_404891253054174_494244304_n.jpg

via Bemanistyle

Hope the R1 in Arlington,TX gets this soon!

This is a location test, not R1's machine. It's not a permanent placement. Based on the above posts it's reasonable to assume this particular machine is bound for wherever the Dave and Buster's location test was planned when the test at PHM wraps in two weeks.

This is a location test, not R1's machine. It's not a permanent placement. Based on the above posts it's reasonable to assume this particular machine is bound for wherever the Dave and Buster's location test was planned when the test at PHM wraps in two weeks.

Dave and Buster's HQ is in Dallas so hopefully here!

cj_iwakura

The X2 move was impossibly stupid. Andamiro have been murdering Konami, and with good reason. I hope they can step their game up, but I'm not optimistic.

Shame, because from what I saw, X2 had great tracks and steps.

Wow, gorgeous cab. Waiting for a tracklist. Hopefully it has Luv Can Save U and other IIDX stuff.

Wait, D&B might get it? Interesting. Hollywood will finally have Pump competition.

:(

cj_iwakura

I got all excited at the prospect of a DDR return, then I remembered that Konami made the Bemani games and I got sad. Hopefully this test run comes to South Florida as well.

Top Bottom