• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead/Dying IP that could use the modern touch

Robb

Gold Member
Golden Sun would be pretty cool. I’d love modern takes on Motorstorm, Splinter Cell or F-Zero as well.

I’m sure there are even more I can’t recall right now.

BbMajor7th

Gold Member
My thread, I make the rules and I'm telling you it's not those things

Uh Oh Tea GIF by FoilArmsandHog

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Obviously Diablo is a dying IP.
How the heck did it happen that normal single player game for 30-50 hours changed into an online only title with expected mmo playtimes

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I played and completed Koudelka a few days ago and thought this would be a fantastic game to remake/remaster. Would also love to see Alundra brought back; First game is one of my favourites.
KOUDELKA is the same universe as Shadow Hearts so it lives on through Penny Blood which WAS a spiritual successor. Now it's a straight up continuation of that universe.

Fbh

With how popular Metroidvanias are and the success of games like Bloodstained it's crazy to me that we haven't gotten a proper new 2D Castlevania in like 15 years.
I'd love to see a new 2D Castlevania with a decent budget like Ori.

NeglectedAbleAmericansaddlebred-size_restricted.gif

ori-and-the-will-of-the-wisps-mora.gif

I don't mean the same art style as Ori but the same mix of 2D presentation with modern 3D elements and VFX.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
SSX

Socom: Navy Seals

If devs/publishers had any goddamn sense both of these would be top sellers.

Onimusha 3 Remake akin to Resident Evil 4 Remake is a passing daydream of mine. It is dated, but the direction and ideas in it are so entertaining. Would love for it to implement gameplay elements from Ninja Gaiden and Nioh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom