• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island 2 is available for Game Pass on Xbox consoles

DaGwaphics

It seems like fun so far, I'm still at the very beginning of it. The graphics pop more than they appear to in YT videos, which is nice.

DavidGzz

This game is beautiful on Series X. The gore is insane. I was beating down this janitor at the beginning on case he decided to get up. Punched his jaw off and made his eyeballs hangs outside of his head. Crazy detail on the intestines too lol

twilo99

I just realized this game is available on the Xbone X. I still have that console in the bedroom as my media player.
Is this game worth the bother with old hardware?

Maybe try it.. I gave it a go on the xss and it seems fine to me.

Is it supposed to be 60fps on the xss? It felt rather smooth

Last edited:

calistan

The breaking weapons might be about to kill this for me. I mean, I like the setting, the story, the gore and all that, but I'm constantly collecting piece-of-shit weapons and having to swap them for almost identical piece-of-shit weapons every few minutes.

Workbenches to improve stuff, cash to repair stuff, your inventory is full of broken crap. It's really annoying. I've played maybe four hours and that might be as much as I'll ever need.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Gamepass entitles me to games jack

DVrWUjJ.gif

IDappa

The breaking weapons might be about to kill this for me. I mean, I like the setting, the story, the gore and all that, but I'm constantly collecting piece-of-shit weapons and having to swap them for almost identical piece-of-shit weapons every few minutes.

Workbenches to improve stuff, cash to repair stuff, your inventory is full of broken crap. It's really annoying. I've played maybe four hours and that might be as much as I'll ever need.
You can carry quite a lot of weapons. You fill up the weapon wheel and then you can grab more which you switch out of a filled slot. The rarer items seems to last a bit longer. It’s a little annoying but does add a bit of flair when your weapon breaks while fighting multiple zombies

DavidGzz

Playing Bruno and I haven't had much issue with durability. I just have 2-3 leveled up weapons at once and don't need to worry about it. When I see a crafting table I repair. No biggie. Beat the first boss. Hilarious stuff.

calistan

You can carry quite a lot of weapons. You fill up the weapon wheel and then you can grab more which you switch out of a filled slot. The rarer items seems to last a bit longer. It’s a little annoying but does add a bit of flair when your weapon breaks while fighting multiple zombies
I had loads of weapons, and when the ones in the wheel all broke I could swap them for the exact same thing in the inventory.

I just hate that sort of thing as a piece of game design in general. How can a crowbar break? Where's the fun in making me pause the game and select another crowbar from the inventory? Make the weapons last indefinitely, and give me better ones later as an incentive to try different things.

Goalus

Because they know majority of their pc sales are going to be on steam so I would expect it to hit pc gamepass 3 months after it's steam release.
If most of their PC sales are on Steam, it should make no difference if they release it early via PC game pass/MS Store.

Anime-Vix

Trust me, this is not going to be an issue as you progress. This is not Breath of the wild.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Got up to the second to last level with an autosave in a bad place and no repair bench. So I'm at a gauntlet of enemies with no usable weapons. Fuck it.

adamsapple

only on console?

I thought we were past shit like this

There's likely an Epic Games Store related restriction in place for the PC version. It turns 1 year in April, the game will probably see a Steam and Win Store release then.

Darsxx82

The work on the physics of the zombies' bodies and how they react to cuts, blows, ax blows, shots... is fantastic.

It is full of details. It's funny to see the viscera with their own physics within the bone structure when you open the meat 😅

Darsxx82

Just started this last night. Quite the looker on Series X, and it’s 60 fps.
It definitely looks very good. Everything is at a very good level and the variety of places and interior details (I wouldn't be surprised if they were based on real places) is favored by fairly good lighting.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I definitely would not have bought this, so thanks to all who gave positive impressions, I decided to take a quick look just now and wow, what a great intro. Worth the download just for that. Will play more, for sure.

Last edited:

adamsapple

I’m taking a break from DD2, and finally started Dead Island 2. I’m having a blast with it. Looks pretty great too.

Oh yeah, I found it much better than the first game.

Hell, between Dying Light 2 and Dead Island 2, I liked this game a lot more. More dumb fun.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I was on the phone with my wife last night, while playing this game, and I cranked up the vibration to 100, and holy crap. She heard the Xbox controller rumble over the phone. This might be the first game ever where max vibration is too much. It’s default at 50/100. Going full 100 felt insane.

Top Bottom