• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island: Definitive Collection |OT| Zombie Outbreak in Paradise: Remastered

naitosan

Wow completely forgot about this. I enjoyed Dead Island when it came out, thinking of getting it on XB1. Is it running decent now? Probably will wait until it's $20 or so.

Kas

Bought Dead Island and I'm enjoying it so far. It's making me sad there probably won't be a second one.

Cornbread78

Bought Dead Island and I'm enjoying it so far. It's making me sad there probably won't be a second one.

It's doesn't help that it appears that this remaster has gotten strongly overlooked.. Maybe some sales numbers will get leaked at some point.

I feel like Dying Light is really the game this was supposed to be all along, and thus became THE defining zombie game for this gen, so far. The success of that game was very, very impressive.

Nobody really wants to remember Dead Island when Dying Light did so much more with the gameplay and overall concept (first person melee combat in a zombie game).

It's too bad, though, since I really liked the tropical island setting for DI when I originally played it on PS3...but the technical issues really held it back. Simple things like playing co-op with friends was always such a chore.

I feel like Dying Light is really the game this was supposed to be all along, and thus became THE defining zombie game for this gen, so far. The success of that game was very, very impressive.

Nobody really wants to remember Dead Island when Dying Light did so much more with the gameplay and overall concept (first person melee combat in a zombie game).

It's too bad, though, since I really liked the tropical island setting for DI when I originally played it on PS3...but the technical issues really held it back. Simple things like playing co-op with friends was always such a chore.

Yeah but dying light sucks

Parkour is OK I guess but they removed analog combat to implement it, bad trade off

Anung

Un Rama
The American version of this is going for cheap on Playasia so I might just import it. I was just wondering if Riptide comes on disc or as a code for the American version?

If it does come on a code would I be able to redeem it through the UK store? I know that discs don't have region locks but no idea about codes.

Yeah but dying light sucks

q0Ch8jG.jpg

fernoca

The American version of this is going for cheap on Playasia so I might just import it. I was just wondering if Riptide comes on disc or as a code for the American version?

If it does come on a code would I be able to redeem it through the UK store? I know that discs don't have region locks but no idea about codes.
Riptide and the 2D game are in a code. You'll need a NA account to redeem it and then use on your UK main account.

Snagged this collection for $16 from a play-Asia sale. Wondering if I made the right decision since I've been more than satisfied with Dying Light (and love replaying it in short bursts).

How much of an improvement is this remaster? I mean, the game was a buggy mess on PS3 and the netcode was pretty fucking borked...my friends and I had a helluva time keeping a session going for more than 20 minutes at a time before being kicked.

Surely they've fixed all of the bugs and visual glitches, in addition to giving the game a huge boost in graphics?

black070

Snagged this collection for $16 from a play-Asia sale. Wondering if I made the right decision since I've been more than satisfied with Dying Light (and love replaying it in short bursts).

How much of an improvement is this remaster? I mean, the game was a buggy mess on PS3 and the netcode was pretty fucking borked...my friends and I had a helluva time keeping a session going for more than 20 minutes at a time before being kicked.

Surely they've fixed all of the bugs and visual glitches, in addition to giving the game a huge boost in graphics?

Picked up the first one digitally and been playing purely co-op with friends and have ran into exactly zero issues with either the netcode, or the game itself - so I'd say yes.

FatalT

Banned
I just bought the first Dead Island on PSN tonight and it's still great fun. The analog combat is such a good time and it runs so much better than last-gen console versions.

Top Bottom