• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 6 | OT | Mastering Jiggle Combos

Celcius

°Temp. member
I know they increased the number of costume parts that you get from fighting but did they ever increase the number of coins that you earn? I remember being almost out of coins the last time I played although the increased costume parts really helped out.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I haven’t read anything about coin increase. I have tons of stuff unlocked but am afraid to buy anything since earning coin is pretty slow.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
What exactly are "lobbies". Just a way to meet up with friends to play matches? I don't do a lot of online gaming.

What exactly are "lobbies". Just a way to meet up with friends to play matches? I don't do a lot of online gaming.

They're multi-person rooms where two players fight and everyone waits in line to play the winner (Winner stays on rules). It basically simulates the old arcade machine experience and is the main way to play with a group of friends.

That’s nice, but I wish they would add player matches like in the original doa5. I don’t like waiting to play in rooms and sometimes just want to jump in and play if I’m going to play online. Still good news to hear.

Vlaphor

What I want is for them to get rid of the two win limit in online play. Finding a good stable match is rare, so it sucks that the match is forced to end after two wins.

Also, I don't like lobbies. You don't need to add waiting to my video game experience. Reminds me of how the arcades in Sony's Home had a limited number of slots.

Last edited:
What I want is for them to get rid of the two win limit in online play. Finding a good stable match is rare, so it sucks that the match is forced to end after two wins.

Also, I don't like lobbies. You don't need to add waiting to my video game experience. Reminds me of how the arcades in Sony's Home had a limited number of slots.

Yeah. More than 2 matches per fight would be nice. Sc6 also only has lobbies to my knowledge and no player matches. Nothing like going into a lobby with like 6 people having lengthy sessions while you just wait and wait. It’s ok sometimes surely, but sometimes I just want to jump in and play within a minute or two.

Took some 4K screenshots of the new DLC.

doa62019-04-2606-12-0eajez.png

doa62019-04-2606-04-556j4m.png

doa62019-04-2606-01-0rwky0.png

doa62019-04-2605-38-2pxjyr.png

The "Pirate" word on her underwear is a nice touch :messenger_beaming:

doa62019-04-2605-54-3coks9.png

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just burned through the entire 100K coins that I was given lol. At least now I pretty much have most of the costumes that I wanted in at least one color. I could definitely use more coins though :)
I also decided to drop down from 4K to 1440p for this game... my overclocked 1070 Ti just couldn't handle the more intense stages at the higher res.

Last edited:

JohnEvans

Neo Member
Losing the Virtua Fighter characters was a disappointment, but a manageable one if the new characters were as interesting and fun as the Virtua Fighter characters. Unfortunately they're not. Then there's the absence of Momiji and Rachel giving it another strike. There's no way that Nico makes up for that. The other newcomer is Diego and I don't have much of an impression about him.
What else is a downgrade? The arenas just aren't as enjoyable as the arenas in 5 IMO, with the big squid thing not making up for the loss of the raft arena. Then there are the game modes. No tag battle mode. Seriously DoA? The series always had a tag mode since DoA 2! That's the mode I used to play the most. They may bring it back with a patch or something (maybe they already did, I stopped playing it already), but not having that mode on release really hurt it.
It has better graphics though! Yay, I guess. Anyway, the previous DoA game was released almost 7 years ago. Is this really the best they could release as a follow-up after all this time? Tecmo-Koei really needs Itagaki back!

Last edited:
The whole Exposure Minimization toggle is emblematic of the overall problems with DoA6. If esports is an honest concern, then the game should have had an actual tournament mode that only allows certain costumes and stages, instead it has this ridiculous and cheap looking obscuring wrap, which only enforces notions Koei Tecmo is pandering to a crowd that aggressively dislikes DoA’s sexier elements.

Because the black wrapping is a toggle, it’s easy to view as a non-issue, but Koei Tecmo & Team Ninja really aren’t doing anything to change the overall perception of DoA6. I do wonder, if they merely intend to stay the course with the vanilla version of the game and maybe hope to turn things with a potential upgrade/sequel/whatever on the next generation of hardware.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just logged in and was given another 100k coins... and it took me less than 5 minutes to burn through it lol

Aggelos

Pirates Costumes Pack No 2

FreeStepDodge claims that the other KOF character is going to be Kula Diamond (aside from Mai Shiranui)

Where's Itagaki? We miss Itagaki so much....

Last edited:
I actually find a decent number of players on ranked mode. I think the higher rank you get, the longer it takes to find fights. Lobbies are hit or miss though. Sometimes there are no lobbies and sometimes there are a few rooms available. Strange part is, a few friends were waiting for me in their lobbies and it was all set up, yet the room wasn’t showing up when I searched.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I was just wondering when Mai and the other KOF guest character would become available but with E3 being next week I bet we'll hear more then. I'm hoping it'll be one of those things where they announce it and then it's available later that day.

Petopia

Banned
Pirates Costumes Pack No 2

FreeStepDodge claims that the other KOF character is going to be Kula Diamond (aside from Mai Shiranui)

Where's Itagaki? We miss Itagaki so much....

he already destroyed his own company why would u want him back, i mean knowing him he'll cuck u harder than kt cucked their fans in this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aintitcool

Banned
This game just entered Sonic fandom levels of creepy for me... they have downloadable wedding costumes ? So you can pretend to be marrying the virtual fighters ? :/

Petopia

Banned
This game just entered Sonic fandom levels of creepy for me... they have downloadable wedding costumes ? So you can pretend to be marrying the virtual fighters ? :/
Nothing new dude theyve been done doing this since the last game and cucking you for $93, in this case they didnt even try making these characters play like they came from their universe.

Kagey K

Banned
This game is so much worse then I expected. They have ruined almost everything about it that made it great.

Can we just get a remaster of 3 and call it a day?

I’m done with team ninja dog now.

I like how Mai's bonus DLC costumes are strait up her bonus DLC costumes from DOA5, + the wedding and pirate DLC everyone has. Reselling DLC for the DLC you're reselling. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Anyway, just like in 5 Mai still has one of the better models IMO.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
I'll get this on PC eventually, but it's really disappointing that the games have not evolved in the ways I imagined...….I play Tekken 7 at 4k, It's sharp, yet it has not evolved as much visually as I'd like.....The same with SC6, from what I've seen, you still see lots of low poly attributes on characters, sometimes even clothing.......Tehn to DOA, it's backgrounds are still not that great, you go back to DOA3/4 and they had better backgrounds, why can't we evolve past that time....

I wish they used better tessalation/POM, had better lip synching...clothing is good, some of the body physics looks evolved, but the character models are really not all that evolved with the exception of more visible bruises sweat etc.....It lacks balance as a total visual package.....

Celcius

°Temp. member
I have DOA5LR on ps3 so never had a chance to try Mai out before and Kula looks more fun than I was expecting. Looking forward to the new characters.
I'm also really hoping we get Momiji and Rachael back.

Last edited:

Petopia

Banned
I'll get this on PC eventually, but it's really disappointing that the games have not evolved in the ways I imagined...….I play Tekken 7 at 4k, It's sharp, yet it has not evolved as much visually as I'd like.....The same with SC6, from what I've seen, you still see lots of low poly attributes on characters, sometimes even clothing.......Tehn to DOA, it's backgrounds are still not that great, you go back to DOA3/4 and they had better backgrounds, why can't we evolve past that time....

I wish they used better tessalation/POM, had better lip synching...clothing is good, some of the body physics looks evolved, but the character models are really not all that evolved with the exception of more visible bruises sweat etc.....It lacks balance as a total visual package.....
If i were u dont if u off of steam charts alone you would find no one to play with.

Petopia

Banned
Yeah it's a shame, it's a good fighter
But micro transactions + pandering has probably killed it.
Well they still got time just pull an arcade edition and i think we might ve fine but til then just gonna have to trudge through gahbage.

Top Bottom