• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive for PS3, misprinting or ....???

neo2046

the temco PR says DOA will go to PS3, mistake? :lol

20061131040342850.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
probably not a misprint since PS3 was mentioned twice. It could also be speculation too. Anybody who can actually read it online?

Solid

Itagaki throwing in the towell already? Hah good times :)

Smart move btw. Hope it's true, the game is getting solid reviews.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Why not.

Although he's a huge Microsoft supporter and vice-versa. If true I wonder what'll happen to that relationship if it'll be strained at all.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The DoA4 x360 box doesnt have the "only for X360" tag. So I believe this news

oh, and 1up has another bullet point to add to the X360/Dreamcast comparison if this is true

Shinobi

Wouldn't be the most stunning thing in the world. It was far more shocking seeing DOA1 on System 11/PSX and DOA2 on PS2, with their Sega arcade hardware roots. Frankly I'm amazed that DOA3 was XBox only.

Solid

Guess MS didnt think DOA4 was worth the cash after the DOA Ultimate bomb. I'm sure they've secured Ninja Gaiden 2 though (time exlusive at least).

What did you nutsacks think Itagaki was going to be doing with that time off he's planning on taking after DOA4? Oh yeah -- READING SOME PS3 MANUALS! :lol :D :lol

It would only be better if he were required to not just remove Master Chef, but replace him with Diaper Hetachi. XD

politikkennr35np.jpg

They can replace the Warthog with Paul on his chopper.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
man, i could tell you what it says, but i'll let you all run with your own spin....

[RUINED BY JONNY! ARRRGHH!]

Izzy

Banned
Jonnyram said:
The snippet claims that two games in the DOA series are already decided for PS3.

*oh snaps!*

:lol

It's not like Itagaki hasn't been seen at the SCEI HQ...a lot... :lol

Izzy

Banned
Benadryl Hitman said:
My whole world is collapsing right before my eyes. What is next, Ridge Racer?

Can't be! :lol

Next thing you'll say Virtua Fighter 5 is in development for PS3! :lol

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I am glowing with schadenfreude right now. :)

EekTheKat

AltogetherAndrews said:
Well, does it?

I don't see it on my copy of CoD2 , unless they slapped a sticker on the outside of the wrapping.

PGR3 on the other hand does have it on the upper right, in between the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live logos

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Izzy said:
*oh snaps!*

:lol

It's not like Itagaki hasn't been seen at the SCEI HQ...a lot... :lol

He is in charge of all of Tecmo games. Looking at the ad of Full Auto, it has the Only for Xbox logo on it. So, I'm sure a game outside of MGS can have that logo.

EekTheKat said:
I don't see it on my copy of CoD2 , unless they slapped a sticker on the outside of the wrapping.

PGR3 on the other hand does have it on the upper right, in between the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live logos

Hmm. I guess Amped 3 has it, but that could be part of the deal made when they sold the studio and franchises to 2K. I don't remember DOA3 having an "Only For" label though.

Dave Long

Banned
The performance of 360 in Japan will mandate this kind of thing for all Japanese developed games until one of them is good enough to make people go buy 360s in large numbers. If that never happens (and Japanese consumers will always wait for the PlayStation releases now if they know no one has confidence in 360 sales to stick by exclusivity), then everything will be on PS3 eventually. It's a vicious cycle since it takes a hit to make 360 viable but the reason there are no hits is partially because everyone expects games to be ported to Sony's system.

That also affected Nintendo with Gamecube. The only thing that might save Nintendo from that this next time is the Revmote.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
so, we've got some Izzy predictions!

Ridge and VF5 for PS3. Awesome.

"It's a vicious cycle since it takes a hit to make 360 viable but the reason there are no hits is partially because everyone expects games to be ported to Sony's system."

whats to say the othe way round isn't going to happen? My advice is to accept that almost everyone is going to be going cross platform. It's going to come down to which 1st party games you prefer that decides who finishes second behind the Revolution.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
:lol :lol :lol

I'm really more interested in what effect this will have on the DoA / Tekken / VF threads. Those were always a riot in the past due to the console fanboys being out in spades.

I dunno. I'm assuming the law of the jungle will continue to prevail:

Virtua Fighter 5
Soul Calibur Ivy Booby Edition
Tekken Whatever
Dog Poop
Poop on a Stick
Poop on a Bun
Poop Sammiches
A Sharp Stick in your Eye
DOA4.5

:p

Top Bottom