• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive for PS3, misprinting or ....???

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
SSX let me put it another way - you WILL see games that are usually sony only going cross platform.

Isn't Ridge somewhat of a hint? ( yes, i know - money hats etc etc etc...)

Why miss out on 25% of the market when your dev costs are going through the roof?

DCharlie said:
SSX let me put it another way - you WILL see games that are usually sony only going cross platform.

Why miss out on 25% of the market when your dev costs are going through the roof?

I was laughing at the idea that the reason they'd be ported is because they weren't selling well (which was Dave Long was saying).

DCharlie said:

Which is why I never understood why some people believe that MS is going to get next to no Japanese support on X360. Yes, it tanked in Japan...but so did Genesis and it still got good support. If MS can make sure that X360 is successful in US (assured) and Europe (good chance) then they'll still get a nice amount of JP games, especially stuff that appeals to the west (like RE5). As time goes on fewer and fewer developers can afford to publish games on a single platform, MS and Sony are going to really have to rely on 1st/2nd party more than ever. They're both taking good steps to doing that, so that's good to see.

There's always going to be exceptions like MGS or FF, but I think majority of JP games that are appealing to the west will find their way to X360. I still expect most RPG's to stay on PS3 though, but action, racing, adventure JP games should be more common on X360 than with Xbox1.

Kon Tiki

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
That there are going to be more ports than this gen? Sure there will be.

It's going to come down to which 1st party games you prefer that decides who finishes second behind the Revolution.

That strikes me as the more bold statement in his post.

DCharlie

"I was laughing at the idea that the reason they'd be ported is because they weren't selling well (which was Dave Long was saying)."

ah i get you. Well, perhaps some FPSes might not do as well on the PS3 as expected so end up getting put on the X360 and PC as well?

although something being on playstation hardware doesn't guarantee it automatic awesome sales of course, some good games have tanked horribly on the PS2 (BUY RALLY SHOX BITCHES , YOU DON'T NEED SEGA RALLY 3)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Hey, since MS's most important Japanese game is on the PS3, does this mean the PS3's most important Japanese game will be on the 360? :p

Kon Tiki said:
That strikes me as the more bold statement in his post.

I don't agree with that, although I think Nintnedo will do alot better next gen.

DCharlie said:
ah i get you. Well, perhaps some FPSes might not do as well on the PS3 as expected so end up getting put on the X360 and PC as well?

Like what? Killzone and I-8 are Sony's games, something tells me they aren't going to be porting them to a competing system.

Prine

Banned
Its one of the best fighters i've played (i dont really like fighting games). If its true then nice, DOA deserves to be a premier fighting game in Japan.

Done pretty well in US

Oblivion said:
Hey, since MS's most important Japanese game is on the PS3, does this mean the PS3's most important Japanese game will be on the 360? :p

DOA might be the most important title for MS in Japan, but its not going to do anything for them there. Just like DOA3 did very little for Xbox1.

I personally believe that MS needs a megaton FF/DQ(numbered) to even have a shot at Japan. But it doesn't mean they can't get good Japanese support without winning Japan, that's what they need to learn. They've gotta go to Japanese devs and really push that they are a major player in the West, and work to bring more western centric Japanese titles to the console. Even if that means that those titles won't be released in Japan for the system.

DCharlie

"Like what? Killzone and I-8 are Sony's games, something tells me they aren't going to be porting them to a competing system."

of course not, i was using an hypothetical situation to highlight that it is theoretically possible for a game to hit the PS3 and not sell well (or at least, not sell well enough to break even which i see happening a lot for companies who don't go cross platform).
"I don't agree with that, although I think Nintnedo will do alot better next gen."

Nintendo are going to lay down a DS style smack down on everyone in Japan this gen. No one will be without a Revolution. And i'm not even a Nintendo fan.

Nintendo to lead, Sony second, MS a distant last.

Pedigree Chum said:
DOA might be the most important title for MS in Japan, but its not going to do anything for them there. Just like DOA3 did very little for Xbox1.

I personally believe that MS needs a megaton FF/DQ(numbered) to even have a shot at Japan. But it doesn't mean they can't get good Japanese support without winning Japan, that's what they need to learn. They've gotta go to Japanese devs and really push that they are a major player in the West, and work to bring more western centric Japanese titles to the console. Even if that means that those titles won't be released in Japan for the system.

Need to learn? I'd say they have done pretty well in that regard already. Dead Rising, Lost Planet, the Mistwalker games, N3, RE5... all stuff that could potentially appeal to audiences worldwide.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Im so fucking pissed off right now, you will not believe it... I dont give two shits that PS3 is getting DOA4...

all I want from Team Ninja right now is NINJA GAIDEN 2. Any time spent on porting DOA4, making DL content for DOA4 or Vacation is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY. MAKE NINJA GAIDEN 2 MOTHER FUCKERS!

Also, fix Ninja Gaiden 1 so I can play it on the 360. This 2 FPS shit aint cuttin it.

Prine

Banned
StoOgE said:
Im so fucking pissed off right now, you will not believe it... I dont give two shits that PS3 is getting DOA4...

all I want from Team Ninja right now is NINJA GAIDEN 2. Any time spent on porting DOA4, making DL content for DOA4 or Vacation is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY. MAKE NINJA GAIDEN 2 MOTHER FUCKERS!

Also, fix Ninja Gaiden 1 so I can play it on the 360. This 2 FPS shit aint cuttin it.

thumbs up

StoOgE

Prine said:
thumbs up

Yeah, I like how I dont get invited to the DOA4 games anymore because I spend the entire time bitching about Hayubasa not having the flying swallow, and then turning my frustrations on the lack of NG2 and/or Backwards Compatibility for NGB sucking.

Plus, I only ever play with Hayubasa.

Tech Nine

Banned
Wario64 said:
The DoA4 x360 box doesnt have the "only for X360" tag. So I believe this news
B0000B0MN5.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

242753.jpg

The "only for" tags are meaningless

Mrbob

StoOgE said:

True. I hope this doesn't push back Ninja Gaiden 2 360 development. Now that DoA4 is done they can concentrate on Gaiden 2. I hope....!

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
SolidSnakex said:
I don't agree with that, although I think Nintnedo will do alot better next gen.

Really?!
eek.gif

FiRez

Splinter cell had a xbox only tag and look how it ended, honestly I hope is not true the exclusives games are still important to any console.

Milkman

If Team NINJA was going to develop for PS3 I'm guessing they'd make a big as deal as possible about it, and not let the 'news' get out in a tiny caption on a screenshot.

FiRez said:
Splinter cell had a xbox only tag and look how it ended, honestly I hope is not true the exclusives games are still important to any console.

No it didn't. It never had the tag on the box. It was mentioned in ads, which was perfectly in line with the idea of a timed exclusive.

Izzy

Banned
Mrbob said:
True. I hope this doesn't push back Ninja Gaiden 2 360 development. Now that DoA4 is done they can concentrate on Gaiden 2. I hope....!

I'm a bit out of the loop so I must ask..was Ninja Gaiden 2 officially announced? And if yes, for which console?

Milkman said:
If Team NINJA was going to develop for PS3 I'm guessing they'd make a big as deal as possible about it, and not let the 'news' get out in a tiny caption on a screenshot.

One of several surprises at PS Festival next month. :)

Izzy

Banned
Milkman said:

I'm sorry Itagaki didn't tell you...;(

Jiggy

The crazy thing is that DOA going to the PS3 might actually be able to secure a PS3 purchase from me. Just might.

Mrbob

Izzy said:
I'm a bit out of the loop so I must ask..was Ninja Gaiden 2 officially announced? And if yes, for which console?

Well I see Milky is now here. He indirectly had Itagaki admit Ninja Gaiden 2 was coming to 360 in one of his 1up interviews. Ask him. ;)

But nothing is official yet. Things change. It could be multi platform for all I know. And it probably is. DoA 3 sold more than Ninja Gaiden. And if DoA4 is going multi platform, I wouldn't be surprised if Ninja Gaiden 2 is as well. It could be a storage issue too. I read Itagaki isn't happy 360 is still using DVD-9. Perhaps this is the rumored 360 game which will come out on 4 discs. Who knows. I just want my 360 Gaiden 2! If it is PS3 exclusive I'll be disappointed. One of the main reasons I bought my 360 is for Team Ninja games.

StoOgE

Himuro said:
But they're all from the same village....

Hayubasa is the only one in the dragon clan though. The rest are not actually from the same village, they are from the ninja fortress in the mountains above Hayubassas village.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Jonnyram said:
The snippet claims that two games in the DOA series are already decided for PS3.
Shapingo said:
Ummm doesn't this say "Two tecmo games are being made for PS3 and DOA is not one of them"
Izzy said:
More than 2 Tecmo games are in development for PS3.
Maybe we should all just wait for some solid translation of this blurb?

Top Bottom