• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive for PS3, misprinting or ....???

xaosslug

the tears will flow for 40 days and 40 nights if and when a Team Ninja game is announced for PS3. :lol

so, next gen games thought PS3 exclusive will go muti-plat. next gen, but that's not the case for X360 exclisive games? publishers cannot ignore 17% of the market, but they can ignore 70%... okay... ::boggles::

Jerkface said:
So if Itagaki is making games for the PS3 he's awesome and if not he's an asshole? Right?

no. it's just that XBox-fans worship Itagaki like a false god, so i think PS-fans enjoy watching them suiciding at the mere notion of Itagaki's games porting up to PS3. i know i do. :D

Funny shit.

I don't get why people clamour for Itagaki titles...whatever. I'd rather have stronger support from Capcom, Namco and Konami on X360 (no, FCK doesn't count).

Izzy said:

Izzy =
_41117434_ferguson203.jpg

But what if the Xbox 360 is the typo?

Interesting... :D

The PR statement reads as follows: "Regarding our impressions of the next generation systems, we don't really have enough information about the PS3 or Revolution at the moment.

On the other hand, we think Playstation 3's online system will really heat up matches so we've scheduled the next two DoA titles for PS3".

Piper Az

solarplexus said:
But what if the Xbox 360 is the typo?

Interesting... :D

well, they wouldn't make any sense, esp becasue a paragraph prior to the screwed up typo they say they don't have any concrete info on PS3...

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I really don't like this game much anymore, but it's funny how this can go on for a million pages but developers can't speak badly about the ps3. kekekekek ;)

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Good, now get back from vacation and starting making Ninja Gaiden for 360. Or I will hunt you down and kill you with the l33t Ninja skills I learned from your games.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
xaosslug said:
so, next gen games thought PS3 exclusive will go muti-plat. next gen, but that's not the case for X360 exclisive games? publishers cannot ignore 17% of the market, but they can ignore 70%... okay... ::boggles::
This needs a repost...and may need another after a few more posts.

IJoel

xaosslug said:
the tears will flow for 40 days and 40 nights if and when a Team Ninja game is announced for PS3. :lol

Same case could be made for Kojima's team. It really works both ways. Same for VF5 team. Same for Square. Same for BioWare releasing non-Xbox 360 console games, etc.

3rdman

kaching said:
This needs a repost...and may need another after a few more posts.

The PS3 doesn't even exist yet...why in the hell would we hear rumblings about games going multi-platorm toward the PS3 if the install base at the moment is ZERO? Secondly, market share numbers are incorrect...In the battle for Next-Gen the 360 has 100% of the market...where are they getting 17% from?

I'm quite sure that once the PS3 launches, we'll start to hear more and more about multi-platform releases. Until then...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Seems timely:

"Tecmo: PS3 Titles To Be Announced Soon"
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/681/681199p1.html

Tecmo president Yoshimi Yasuda touches briefly upon next generation gaming in a short one page interview featured in the latest issue of Famitsu PS2. While he reveals surprisingly little about his company's plans, he does offer one tantalizing bit with regards to software for the PlayStation 3. After explaining that timing is important when announcing next generation games, he adds, with a laugh, "We will announce titles... shortly."

Yasuda has previously been critical of Sony for its lack of information regarding the PS3. In this interview, he takes a neutral approach to all three next generation systems, citing the Xbox 360 for its internet support, Revolution for its unique interface and PS3 for its visual power.

Seems like maybe they got their information.

Amir0x

Banned
Mrbob said:
Bite your tongue, DoA4 is brilliant! Have you played DoA4? Thought so. But keep trashing the series anyway. Here is to another million sold for DoA4 in North America!

Nah, I won't bite my tongue. I'm sure there's more to DoA4 then the garbage the rest of the series has been, but I'm also equally as sure that its style of fighting will never appeal to me. Because it's trash. But I respect your right to like it, and I also can stand to be corrected when I put some serious time into DoA4 (if I ever feel the need to waste my money).

IJoel

Amir0x said:
Nah, I won't bite my tongue. I'm sure there's more to DoA4 then the garbage the rest of the series has been, but I'm also equally as sure that its style of fighting will never appeal to me. Because it's trash. But I respect your right to like it, and I also can stand to be corrected when I put some serious time into DoA4 (if I ever feel the need to waste my money).

Hey, but bish-forbid :p you say GTA is trash. Yer arse will be thrown in the banned bin.

Amir0x

Banned
Hey, I can explain my dislike of the series if you prefer, if that'd seem less like trolling, but I'd rather not really derail the thread further.

Basically what I am saying is, Team Ninja should just make Ninja Gaiden 2.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
jarrod said:
Get ready for more Monster Farm and Gallop Racer. :x

Well, I'd say Fatal Frame is a cert to be one of them.

But I thought it was more significant that after pushing the whole "sony isn't telling us enough", "we don't know much about it" line, he's apparently taken a more neutral approach, which suggests Tecmo is in the loop now, and presumably happy with what it sees. I wonder how Itagaki feels about him singling PS3 out for its "visual power" too :p

IJoel

Amir0x said:
Hey, I can explain my dislike of the series if you prefer, if that'd seem less like trolling, but I'd rather not really derail the thread further.

Basically what I am saying is, Team Ninja should just make Ninja Gaiden 2.

Oh, no, I don't have a problem with you thinking X game is trash.

I do find questionable when someone mods because of it. But it's not my intent to derail the thread. It just seemed too obvious when I read what you mentioned.

And yes, Team Ninja should re-prioritize his projects and make NG2 next. :p

Amir0x

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
I thought it bomed!? Its probably Gallon Racer or Fatal Frame

Fatal Frame wouldn't be too bad, they're pretty scary games. Although I would say they're due for some pretty major gameplay tweaks.

jarrod

Banned
Amir0x said:
What about Rygar? Any word on where that is going yet next-gen?
The last I'd heard, Rygar 2 was still for PS2 with a possible Xbox port. Maybe it got bumped up to next gen after GOW stormed PS2?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
3rdman said:
The PS3 doesn't even exist yet...why in the hell would we hear rumblings about games going multi-platorm toward the PS3 if the install base at the moment is ZERO? Secondly, market share numbers are incorrect...In the battle for Next-Gen the 360 has 100% of the market...where are they getting 17% from?

I'm quite sure that once the PS3 launches, we'll start to hear more and more about multi-platform releases. Until then...
Please. The commentary on more games going from PS3 exclusive to multiplatform started well before the X360 was even on the market. The logic has always been predicated largely off current gen marketshare breakdown for each system and extrapolations on how that will shift for their next gen successors.

Amir0x

Banned
m0dus said:
Riiiiiiiight. I suppose I understand why such disposable income would be scarce. You seem to waste your money on a whole lot worse these days :)

I'm sorry, any time I spend my money it's on quality. Any implication otherwise is just bullshit. But thanks for your concern :)

wunko

if it isnt a misprinting than that is totally better for me. DOA needs to go back to the PS consoles... a Japanese game series like DOA just seems to fit better with the PS console brand. :lol And I won't have to get a 360. It'd be even cooler if they put DOAXBV2 and any other DOA titles on PS3 along with DOA4. I would like to see Tina on a PS console for once in many years!!!!!!!!1

honestly this DOA on PS3 thing sounds pretty random so until theres more solid info tho im not getting my hopes up. yea that itagaki guy seems like a false-idol god to xbox people... i still like Tekken tho but I like DOA much more.

gofreak said:
Well, I'd say Fatal Frame is a cert to be one of them.

But I thought it was more significant that after pushing the whole "sony isn't telling us enough", "we don't know much about it" line, he's apparently taken a more neutral approach, which suggests Tecmo is in the loop now, and presumably happy with what it sees. I wonder how Itagaki feels about him singling PS3 out for its "visual power" too :p

I agree. I wonder if Itagaki will come up with some new bullshit about "visual power doesn't matter anymore."

The guy's a fucking puppet.

TheJollyCorner said:
I agree. I wonder if Itagaki will come up with some new bullshit about "visual power doesn't matter anymore."

The guy's a fucking puppet.

He's already spinned out of that by saying there's more to "power" than graphics, and went on about ease of development.

Unison 2! Unison 2! Unison 2! Unison 2! Unison 2!

Speevy

Banned
I think Sony has enough facts on its side without the company's proponents resorting to the rumor mill for inspiration.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
20061131040342850.jpg

Personally, i think putting DOA4 on PS3 would be great for Tecmo. It's not like DOA hasn't been on other platforms before, and it'll give sony fans the chance to play what is a good game.

But looking at this again, this looks like a round up page of peoples thoughts or plans for the coming year. Some things suddenly jump out.

1) They don't know much about the PS3 and, more interestingly, the revolution

-- wouldn't this imply a pre TGS time frame ? I mean, anyone interviewed after TGS would certainly know what the crux of the revolution is?

2) the release date - it's still down as 12/10. So - this definitely isn't something written in the last 6 weeks.

3) the source seems to be a 2ch post that was picked up by a chinese game site. Doesn't really give any details as to the age of the source etc...

So..... old?

not that that makes a difference to what is said of course.

lol - scanning through 2ch now...

PS3のDOAはグラでは上で箱360のはエロが上です。

PS3では全員スカートの下にブルマーかジャージかスパッツ着用

ha ha

307> 39800円で発売だろ
アホくさ

308> 307はGKだな。ここで情報流出してるから必死に隠そうとしてる。

Pachinko

I seem to recall back in the day that this same shit happened with DOA3 and how it wound up on XBox. There were rumours for a good year AFTER its release that it was 100% for sure coming to ps2, right up until an interview with Itagaki proved this wrong once and for all.

I'm going out on a limb and saying it's staying xbox 360 exclusive. It's fun to speculate though!

Top Bottom