• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive for PS3, misprinting or ....???

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
He was the first in this thread to ask "Ummm doesn't this say "Two tecmo games are being made for PS3 and DOA is not one of them""

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I couldnt care less about DoA, but if one of those two games that temco plan to release on PS3 is going to be Ninja Gaiden thats another story. Is there any chance that it could happen?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
cheers.

I had a right bitching session about DOA4 , that it was too hard , cry cry, sob sob.

but you know what? now it's forced me to learn how to not be a cheese player, get into the counter system etc i'm really enjoying it. I'm much more into VF4 and Tekken but any sort of DOA on the PS3 can't be sniffed at.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
gofreak said:
Not to further question Jonnyram's translation, but Beyond3D's resident translation provider, one, says "it only says Tecmo will release 2 games for PS3, probably not from DOA series"...? (Though he appeared to come initially to the same conclusion as most here)

It's ok guys, you can go back to hating Team Ninja, Itagaki and DOA again.

Endymion

Uncertain positive PS3 news hits the web. DCharlie rushes in to damage control against Sony. Izzy counters with a three posts combo of positive PS3 spin. Clash of titans for pure GAF awesomeness.

Agent Icebeezy

I was reminded of this ad

22doa4ad3nb.jpg

R0nn

So anyway, what interesting franchises does Tecmo have when ruling out Team Ninja? Seems to me the article is just talking about Tecmo games, not Team Ninja games. If they are, I wonder what would happen on GAF when it ends up being Ninja Gaiden 2 (especially if it becomes an exclusive). New comedy goldmine delved I would guess.

Agent Icebeezy

R0nn said:
So anyway, what interesting franchises does Tecmo have when ruling out Team Ninja? Seems to me the article is just talking about Tecmo games, not Team Ninja games. If they are, I wonder what would happen on GAF when it ends up being Ninja Gaiden 2 (especially if it becomes an exclusive). New comedy goldmine delved I would guess.

They have Rygar and that horse game shit. Tecmo's two top selling games this past gen were on the Xbox.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
There's Fatal Frame, Monster Rancher too. Team Ninja focussed pretty much exclusively on Xbox, but overall PS2 got quite a lot more Tecmo games (most of them would not be of much interest here, however).

I find it funny how people could come away with such conflicting translations of the same piece of text :p Maybe we'll get a full translation to put things straight.

xViolentx said:
Lies, show link. Team Ninja is all about the 360 look at the sells. That is why Ninja Gaiden is only on the 360. Stop talking out your arse you f'ng fanboy, fanbot, sony troll. STFU. And leave. God I hate you people. Its like your a totally different race or breed or alien. Go to Sony forums and have your sheep conversation over there. Freaking noobs.

Ha-ha, got to love them teamxbox retards. :lol

Acrylamid

Resident Evil 4.
GTA: Liberty City Stories.*
Dead or Alive 4.

I think the term "third party exclusive" officially lost its meaning.

*OK, PSP->PS2 might not be a true "betrayal", but I'm pretty sure we'll see a PC port down the line.

Kenny

Typically an "exclusive" only means for a period of about 6 months. After that you can release on whatever platform.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Jerkface said:
So if Itagaki is making games for the PS3 he's awesome and if not he's an asshole? Right?

Wrong, it just makes him a multiplatform asshole. No free pass here.

swordsman

Banned
I still don't believe it, have to wait for his confirmation.

If so >my support for Team Ninja is gonna 0%.

Screw PS3 and Sony.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I asked one at Beyond3D about it, and he says that the sentence is ambiguous. That while it can be read in the way Google Translator suggests, it can also be read as "After the DOA series, 2 titles for PS3 are coming". He thinks it doesn't relate to DOA because, furthermore, this article is a couple of months old, and at TGS Tecmo announced 2 games for PS3, that probably aren't DOA. If you recall from TGS, they are "Action -Title TBD-" and "Action Adventure -Title TBD-".

Tech Nine

Banned
gofreak said:
I asked one at Beyond3D about it, and he says that the sentence is ambiguous. That while it can be read in the way Google Translator suggests, it can also be read as "After the DOA series, 2 titles for PS3 are coming". He thinks it doesn't relate to DOA because, furthermore, this article is a couple of months old, and at TGS Tecmo announced 2 games for PS3, that probably aren't DOA. If you recall from TGS, they are "Action -Title TBD-" and "Action Adventure -Title TBD-".
hmmm your probably right. This must be a couple months old. Looking at that article,They still have the 12/10 DOA4 release date at the bottom

R0nn

gofreak said:

I'll just go and pull a limb here by saying those two PS3 games will most probably be a new Fatal Frame and Rygar. I don't really think I'm far off unless they decide to put out two totally new franchises.

Tech Nine

Banned
R0nn said:
I'll just go and pull a limb here by saying those two PS3 games will most probably be a new Fatal Frame and Rygar. I don't really think I'm far off unless they decide to put out two totally new franchises.
Well,one of them for sure is Fatal Frame. Tecmo said they've already begun preperations for next gen FF on next gen consoles

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I believe DOA4 360 will sell poorly on in the U.S.

Jonnyram

gofreak said:
I asked one at Beyond3D about it, and he says that the sentence is ambiguous. That while it can be read in the way Google Translator suggests, it can also be read as "After the DOA series, 2 titles for PS3 are coming".
It says "DOAの今後". There is no ambiguity about it, and WTF was that Google Translator comment all about?

He thinks it doesn't relate to DOA because, furthermore, this article is a couple of months old, and at TGS Tecmo announced 2 games for PS3, that probably aren't DOA. If you recall from TGS, they are "Action -Title TBD-" and "Action Adventure -Title TBD-".
AFAIK, Itagaki was visiting SCEI repeatedly for some time, but in the end he gave them the finger, so the age of this article might be relevant in that respect. Either way, I can't really hold him to his word after what he's done with DOA in the past.

Izzy

Banned
Let's be serious here - if the article is really a few months old, then no way it's confirming the PS3 DOA development - regardless of whether the game is actually coming or not.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jonnyram said:
It says "DOAの今後". There is no ambiguity about it, and WTF was that Google Translator comment all about?

I shared with him the google translation of the text DCharlie gave us, which appeared to be in agreement with your interpretation and others'. I wasn't saying Google's translation was better or as good as yours ;)

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
I don't think Tecmo will "betray" Microsoft with the DOA or Ninja Gaiden series. Tecmo will make games for PS3, no doubt, but I'm not so sure about Team Ninja.

I guess Sony fans are looking for brighter news after the whole anti-PS3 blog fiasco... :D

pilonv1

So PS3 gets some Tecmo games, like Monster Rancher and Gallop Racer or something? How is that different from this gen?

jarrod

Banned
Milkman said:
Team NINJA, as semi-prolific as they are, only have so many overworked, overtired employees, and while they've recently expanded their numbers, it's not so many that they could work on three, or even two games simultaneously. They brought guys working on another game in to help finish up DOA4, and I know that they have at least three 360 games in the cooker. I don't know what they've got going on, if anything, for PS3, and I don't care either way. I just like the games, not what system they're on. So the pithy comments about whether Itagaki told me or not don't really matter to me. Who knows? PS3 games are certainly possible. They did Ninja Gaiden Black with like 4 people while they were working on DOA4.
I thought Team Ninja formed 2 seperate teams after refocusing on Xbox? Team Kasumi (DOAX. DOAU, DS game) and Team something else (DOA3, Ninja Giaden, NG Black, DOA4)?

DCharlie said:
what happened to the Yu Suzuki weapons based fighter?
I believe it eventully became Psy-Phi. I woulda liked Fighting Viper Arms myself though. :(

SolidSnakex said:
Yep, the best thing they could do is take Tobal 2, upgrade it with PS3 graphics and throw it online. And don't mess with the gameplay at all.
Or just port it to DS. It'd probably sell the same and be significantly cheaper to make. :)

Kunai

jarrod said:
I thought Team Ninja formed 2 seperate teams after refocusing on Xbox? Team Kasumi (DOAX. DOAU, DS game) and Team something else (DOA3, Ninja Giaden, NG Black, DOA4)?

Team Kunoichi (DOAX, DOAU), Team Kunai (DOA1 - 3, NG).

There's now a third team, "Team Progressive" (Project Progressive)!

jarrod

Banned
Kunai said:
Team Kunoichi (DOAX, DOAU), Team Kunai (DOA1 - 3, NG).

There's now a third team, "Team Progressive" (Project Progressive)!
Thanx!

Isn't Team Kunoichi doing the DS game too? I've heard rumors of a new DOAX game or possibly Ninja Gaiden DS.

And aren't they handling Code Cronus too? So the breakdown would be...

Team Kunai
-Dead or Alive (Model 2, SS, PS)
-Dead or Alive Plus (TPS)
-Dead or Alive 2 (Naomi, DC, PS2)
-Dead or Alive 2 Millenium (Naomi)
-DOA2 Hardcore (PS2)
-Dead or Alive 3 (Xbox)
-Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)
-Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox)
-Dead or Alive 4 (X360)
-Ninja Gaiden 2 (X360)

Team Kunoichi
-Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (Xbox)
-Dead or Alive Ultimate (Xbox)
-Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (X360)
-tba project (NDS)
-Dead or Alive: Code Cronus (X360)

Team Progresive
-Project Progressive (X360)

thorns

Banned
Izzy said:
Let's be serious here - if the article is really a few months old, then no way it's confirming the PS3 DOA development - regardless of whether the game is actually coming or not.

wow... :lol

Amir0x

Banned
Whatever, DoA sucks. I just hope Itagaki shares DoAs online model with other fighters, so the world can be a better place.

Mrbob

Amir0x said:
Whatever, DoA sucks. I just hope Itagaki shares DoAs online model with other fighters, so the world can be a better place.

Bite your tongue, DoA4 is brilliant! Have you played DoA4? Thought so. But keep trashing the series anyway. Here is to another million sold for DoA4 in North America!

Prine

Banned
Mrbob said:
Bite your tongue, DoA4 is brilliant! Have you played DoA4? Thought so. But keep trashing the series anyway. Here is to another million sold for DoA4 in North America!

thumbs up!

I do hate Tekken though, Itagaki was right about that series.

P90

Mrbob said:

QFT. I'll be buying a copy, when there are 360s to buy and I have the cash.

3rdman

LOL at all the haters...DOA4 is great. Not the perfect fighter, but great nonetheless for what it is. Lastly, online for the win.

NME

FWIW the article seems a little weird. The main blurb talks about how 2 more games in the DOA series are heading to 360, but in that little box it says that 2 games in the DOA series are also coming to PS3, inspite of them having said at the top of that blurb that they don't have much of an impression of Revolution or PS3 yet. There's no twisting what they actually printed, but it's certainly odd IMO. At least there's confirmation the series will be on 360, whatever happens with the PS3.

And along those lines, 1up put the rumor to rest:

A recent PR statement by Tecmo of Japan stating that two Dead or Alive games are coming to PS3 has led to huge discussion across various internet boards. In a recent PR statement coming from the latest Famitsu the line, "...the next two DoA titles for PS3" appears. Reading this, fans everywhere were shocked. How could a series that's stuck with Microsoft for so long suddenly jump to the Sony system with not just one, but two DoA games? Well, the answer to that is in the quote itself.

The PR statement reads as follows: "Regarding our impressions of the next generation systems, we don't really have enough information about the PS3 or Revolution at the moment. On the other hand, we think Xbox 360's online system will really heat up matches so we've scheduled the next two DoA titles for PS3".

As anyone can see from the above quote, the truth is easy to find. Someone must have made a typo and accidentally typed in PS3 when they meant to type Xbox 360. Well, unless somehow the PS3 runs Xbox Live...but we don't see that happening.

Top Bottom