• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus Vacation (PC) - trailer, details, new character

Eolz

For those that didn't follow, this is a PC game from DMM, a bit different from the console versions. More gacha and microtransactions elements.

Trailer (don't watch this at work obviously)
Official website (pre-registration possible)

The gameplay section is a lot more stats based, pushing you to get more and better accessories/swimsuits/etc to win competitions and unlock cutscenes. Photography mode seems to work like on console.
Dead-or-Alive-Xtreme-Venus-Vacation_2017_09-23-17_008.jpg

Dead-or-Alive-Xtreme-Venus-Vacation_2017_09-23-17_007.jpg
The UI has a lot of cute chibi art too.

Some details from Gematsu:
(...)
On the Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation home screen, your partner girl will greet you at all times. Not only can you enjoy taking pictures of and interacting with the girls, they’ll also appear on the menus that lead to various screens and functions.

The girls will show off their various swimsuits, but you can also equip them with various accessories on their head, body, and arms. Change up their accessories with your favorite combinations, then enjoy beach volleyball and photographing.
Swimsuits and accessories will also boost the abilities of the girls who wear them. Of course, this can be configured separately from their appearance, so users fixated on appearances can rest easy.
(...)
Some gacha will even result in forbidden shower scenes…

And finally, the new character, Misaki, voiced by Minami Tsuda.
An original character debuting in this game. An exclusive supporter, she always supports the owner. See her off with a smile full of spirit, and who knows what kind of things she may be able to work hard at? She is a modern day girl who will lightheartedly come into contact with the owner like a friend. But there is also a side to her that avoids exposing her skin.

Doubt it'll be localized, but the website has english text, and the game will probably be playable with a VPN like other DMM games.

Flowmoney

Introducing new characters when they haven't brought back the established ones is kind of hilarious

The future of DOA will be filled with girls like Honoka , Marie and Misaki. Lisa , Christie and Tina are just functions , not many people probably even remember them.

flohen95

Introducing new characters when they haven't brought back the established ones is kind of hilarious

It sort of is, yeah. I mean, initially I bought the excuse of them having to keep in budget (and there are a lot of points in Xtreme 3 where it's obvious that they've cut corners even in relation to the previous games in the series), but not only was the game fairly successful (it still lingers around in the PS4 top sellers on Play-Asia, for example), but they're also creating and animating a whole new character for a browser version.
It does feel disrespectful towards existing fans of the franchise, but then again, looking at the vote that lead to Xtreme 3's roster, maybe this is what most fans want nowadays (Though of course, for a newly created character, you can't go the "but she's more popular" route).

Ferr986

It sort of is, yeah. I mean, initially I bought the excuse of them having to keep in budget (and there are a lot of points in Xtreme 3 where it's obvious that they've cut corners even in relation to the previous games in the series), but not only was the game fairly successful (it still lingers around in the PS4 top sellers on Play-Asia, for example), but they're also creating and animating a whole new character for a browser version.
It does feel disrespectful towards existing fans of the franchise, but then again, looking at the vote that lead to Xtreme 3's roster, maybe this is what most fans want nowadays (Though of course, for a newly created character, you can't go the "but she's more popular" route).

Not surprised, they're marketing DoA for the otakus because they will spend endless money on costumes and shit, and those guys tend to like the cutesy schoolgirl type. This new girl tells you much.

This December, believe!

I dunno, seems like there's more to milk with DoA5 and DOAX3. Also, I fear how DOA 6 would be, looking at how DoA5 turned into the latter years (and the inclusion of DOAX3).

So is this a "port" of the PS4 Xtreme 3 game or a new game entirely with the same name? I've also noticed they replaced the pole dancing scenes with shower scenes.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I like how the title reminds of the Vita version of DOAX3 that was called Venus, the PS4 version was called Fortune.
Maybe it's based on the Vita version?

Vlaphor

I'm sure the modding community will find a way to get English text into this one, they've done it with other Japanese online games. I am really looking forward to this one, hopefully they'll have fixed the insane grind that DOAX3 had.

vato_loco

Well, I'm in. But this being a DoA game, and DoA games already being full of DLC content, I'm guessing this'll play heavily on the gacha aspect.

Now if only there was a way to translate the game to English...

Espada

Uh, wow. I was going to post it, but the first post summed it up: Misaki looks like a goddamn Marie Rose + Honoka fusion. It's weird as hell. It wouldn't surprise me to see her in the next main DOA entry.

That said, this is just some browser based gacha junk. No thanks.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Misaki looks like she was pressed right out of the DOA template for females.

It would be nice if they had some variety in body types.

If it comes to Steam, I'll buy it.
I hope the girls can wear high heels again. I dont like the bare foot DoA meshes/models.
I'd also be disappointed if the white girls (and Lisa) didnt make the roster, but that wouldnt stop me picking it up.

SheHateMe

The future of DOA will be filled with girls like Honoka , Marie and Misaki. Lisa , Christie and Tina are just functions , not many people probably even remember them.

understood_reference.gif

Yeah, introducing a new character over Christie makes this a no go for me.

If it comes to Steam, I'll buy it.
I hope the girls can wear high heels again. I dont like the bare foot DoA meshes/models.
I'd also be disappointed if the white girls (and Lisa) didnt make the roster, but that wouldnt stop me picking it up.
It's a browser-based DMM game so.... nope, not gonna come to Steam any time soon.

And the characters you see here are all that you're gonna get.

Pro

If there's a relatively simple guide put out on how to play in English from the US (assuming modders even translate it or something) I'm in, but not gonna go through a lot of trouble to configure/figure things out otherwise.

KT got no love for the west, am cry.

Tohsaka

If there's a relatively simple guide put out on how to play in English from the US (assuming modders even translate it or something) I'm in, but not gonna go through a lot of trouble to configure/figure things out otherwise.

KT got no love for the west, am cry.

They can't translate the game because it's played in your browser, you don't download anything. If there's no English option you'll have to settle for translations on a wiki or something.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So when's Christie?

Fucking right? Where's my silver haired assassin?! You got time to put in OCs, then make the effort to add the characters we actually want.

And this is a browser game too? Boooooo! Here's hoping for some translation guides.

Top Bottom