• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus Vacation (PC) - trailer, details, new character

chrono01

They can't translate the game because it's played in your browser, you don't download anything. If there's no English option you'll have to settle for translations on a wiki or something.
Considering it's DMM-exclusive (who region-lock their browser games), it's not likely there will be an English option (unfortunately). You should be able to play it through the DMM Player, but beyond that...

Sad times.

DOA6 will be a microtransaction-heavy clicker game that only runs on Docomo brand tablets.

And the only character will be Marie Rose and "Evil" Marie Rose

Ultimadrago

I fully expect them to market Misaki, Honoka, and Marie Rose as the new main characters.

0e3ycy3e.png

Pejo

If they don't region restrict, I'll give it a shot.

Not really related, but I just want to say that Dead or Alive VR was one hell of an experience.

Zenaku

Downloaded, launcher is running and downloading. In the UK, so we'll see if we can get into the main game.

Game is limited to 1080p max, hopefully there'll be updates in the future.

Zenaku

They have 18 rated games, but normal and ftp games too.

Anyway, game is running, no need for vpn. Unlocked framerate, but it runs double speed at 120fps (might be useful with the built in speed up options).

Ultimadrago

Yeah, I got started on it already with just the DMM Player. I'm still confused about the UI (as someone know doesn't know Japanese). Training is locked at the moment. I kind of get the bikini feeding system, but I'm not sure if I should focus more on it or just leveling girls through games.

Ultimadrago

I'm having an issue now as well. The game keeps restarting to the main menu when I try to use a Stamina/FP potion. Weird since it was working fine when I used one earlier.

Rellik

Fucking right? Where's my silver haired assassin?! You got time to put in OCs, then make the effort to add the characters we actually want.

And this is a browser game too? Boooooo! Here's hoping for some translation guides.

That literally had a popularity vote for the characters and obviously no one wants her in the game.

The future of DOA will be filled with girls like Honoka , Marie and Misaki. Lisa , Christie and Tina are just functions , not many people probably even remember them.
Didn't Tina just barely not make the cut for what girls would be in X3 on the Japanese poll?

So don't think people have forgotten.

I've been playing this for 2 days. Playing from Spain, followed a tutorial to install the thing and Google Translate when I got lost in some steps. It's not that bad, it's just another Japanese gacha game, but with bikinis and accessories.

I have the best girls in my team (Kokoro level 10 and Hitomi level 7 or something). The new girl Misaki is kind of lame... but yeah, I honestly don't see the difference between this game and other gacha games like Final Fantasy Brave Exvius or Mobius... just another cash grab but I'm giving it an opportunity. The music is catchy!

EDIT: Also, at max settings it looks exactly like the PS4 version, but on lowest is like the Vita game, and it will have some funny bugs like this one lol

rzHlwhD.png

Zenaku

The all-or-nothing stamina regen system is really stupid.
Does it show something like 500 minutes to refill? Basically the game runs on Japanese time. I had mine stuck on 5LP saying 500 minutes to refill, changed my pc time to Tokyo and it jumped up to 15LP, with the timer switching to 5 minutes per LP.

You can try that and add your own timezone as a secondary clock.

m0t0k1

Didn't Tina just barely not make the cut for what girls would be in X3 on the Japanese poll?

So don't think people have forgotten.

she got placed 11 out of 15 so she isn't that popular. This poll only goes for the japanese side of things since that the one that counts

doax3resultvhufk.png

Ultimadrago

Does it show something like 500 minutes to refill? Basically the game runs on Japanese time. I had mine stuck on 5LP saying 500 minutes to refill, changed my pc time to Tokyo and it jumped up to 15LP, with the timer switching to 5 minutes per LP.

You can try that and add your own timezone as a secondary clock.

Thanks, that fixed it!

Zenaku

I am, every now and then. Even found out how to force 4k with a hex edit, looks really nice.

It'll be nice to see a new character, but I haven't had much luck getting ssrs to unlock existing characters.

Ultimadrago

Really? Wow.
I played daily until the new year event, only playing from time to time now. The gacha rates are insane.

Yeah, same with the 10-Pull price. In any case, I don't blame you for dwindling on it. There's not really much to it at all aside pray for dupe SSRs for increased ability rates.

Some of the featured SSRs are dope, but eeeh on the effort of getting them or testing those rates. I don't see myself playing it for too much longer.

I would have liked to have played this if it was a regular Steam game, but being browser based in Japanese only, turned me off it.
Is it fun?

Ultimadrago

I would have liked to have played this if it was a regular Steam game, but being browser based in Japanese only, turned me off it.
Is it fun?

Not really. It's a natural extension of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, but with even less activities. You grind to get mini-dialogues between the girls and can of course snap pics with them in your favorite outfits/accessories, but that's the extent of it. Volleyball is rather detached from the player; taking more of a "Manager" approach where you make suggestions to the girls' play styles rather than actually controlling them. The stats take care of the rest. There's a Skip button to end the match right away and it's pretty much mandatory to level your team at an even pace.

In short, there's stuff to get from it if you're a Dead or Alive fan, but I don't think it's very fun at the end of the day. To be fair, many gacha could be described in the same light.

ok. Thanks.
Of course I played DoAX2 primarily for the T&A, but I liked the volley ball too. Being some kind of manager sounds too pedestrian for me.

Top Bottom