• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 4 new screenshots leak

jfoul

Ckw24FCUkAYku17.jpg

This cracks me up, don't know why but it just does.

Not one person could pry the mitts from his cold, dead hands.

Been with the series since part 1, not a hater of ANY of them, and I'm so ready for part 4. Prequel, remake, sequel, fuck all that talk.. Zombies, Christmas setting.... DAY 1!

Ridley327

1 and 2 had a WAY brighter and less muted palette than 3 and, by the looks of it, 4.

It seems a little unfair to make a judgement call about the colors when all of these screenshots are taken during the nighttime, and I wouldn't expect the rest of Willamette to be as vibrant as the interior of the mall.

Can't wait for Dead Rising 4 :). Tomorrow cannot come soon enough to get a taste of what the game has to offer. And looking at those those DR3 shots above, it seems to have aged a bit bad. Haven't played the game since launch. Dead Rising 4 definitely looks quite a bit better. I hope they've expanded the mall, also very nice that they included the surrounding town.

Those screens look fantastic, hope they represent what they can do using UE4 and this game not being a launch game on evolving hardware.

DR3 was a really fun game. Looking forward to seeing this on Monday.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Kinda wondered if the thread title was a "Half Life, 3 screenshots" situation =P

Screens look really good; I wasn't aware that Dead Rising 4 was confirmed to be happening.

Looks much better then 3 in stills at least. Glad for those who are excited about it, personally I've always thought the series was awful. Hopefully it doesn't have the framerate issues that DR3 had.

ViviOggi

Going by this thread 3's IQ must have been a total dumpster fire because the first thing I noticed in these screens was the rough IQ

Varth

It seems a little unfair to make a judgement call about the colors when all of these screenshots are taken during the nighttime, and I wouldn't expect the rest of Willamette to be as vibrant as the interior of the mall.

Well of course. Just stating the other user has a Point in being afraid of the game suffering the same graphic choices of 3.

MUnited83

For you.
No, it does not look similar to 3. :)

1920x-5.jpg~original

1920x-2.jpg~original

Eh, you're cherrypicking. Pretty sure you will be able to find a crappy texture on 4 or a texture that failed to load just fine like this.
If you check the PC version of DR3 maxed out and compare it to this, they are really not far apart at all.
And considering those leaked screenshots are probably from the PC or Scorpio version, the original XB1 version won't be much different from DR3 equivalent either.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
OK, so I never got the DR3 DLC, because the game was unplayable so I didn't realize just how bad Frank looked in it.

Now I'm bummed because that horrible likeness has made its way into DR4.

The Pandabus

Neo Member
I didn't know that I cared about Frank West that much until I saw these. Such a dumb likeable character. Haven't enjoyed the sequels as much as that original game.
It was weird, but it also came at the right time and in the right place. I want to see more of this.

KillySG10

Neo Member
Is it just me or does that not really look much like Frank West?

If it is a remake as is rumoured, i guess it could be a redesign, but he doesn't look much like he did in 1 or OTR.

Top Bottom