• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Zone: The Last Stand |OT| F2P X-Com/Fallout clone MMO with Zombies

coldfoot

Banned
What is it?
Dead Zone: The Last Stand is a flash game played in your browser. It's a F2P MMO where you build a base, gather and level up your survivors, send them on missions, gather TONS of loot, etc.
Being F2P means if you want to speed things up, you have to pay, which sucks, but I've been playing this between browsing GAF for over a week and it hasn't become repetitive just yet. It's a MMO so there are other players and you can choose to help them out, or raid their compounds. You get one week of protection from being raided when you start out, and no one has raided me for a while after that ran out, so it's not one of those annoying Pay2win games, at least not yet, to me.

F2P, get out of here!
Here are the things you can pay for in the game:
1. FUEL is the premium currency in the game and you can use it to speed up tasks. You also can find it on missions or even produce it on your own, so you don't have to pay anything at all
2. You can buy special items, but it's also possible to craft them.
3. You can buy effect books that buff your characters or speed up their XP gathering
4. You can upgrade your car for $30, which is kind of steep, but it means you can keep going on missions forever without any wait.

I have not paid anything for this game.

Requirements:
Flash is all that's required but it's quite a CPU intensive game. Also do not use Chrome it lags a lot and the game warns you about it. Play it on a different browser like IE, Firefox, Safari.

Gameplay
You have a base where you gather resources, build new buildings to improve the security/comfort of your occupants, build workbenches to craft/upgrade items.
FB-Screenshot-1.jpg

You send out your survivors into missions. You start with a single survivor, which is you, the leader. You get up to 10 different survivors, each of them different, and all of them level up differently.
FB-Screenshot-CombatMilStreet.jpg

You gather weapons, ammo, wood, cloth, metal, fuel, etc. from your missions.

You get a lot of loot, you can choose to use them or break them down to their fundamental components:
FB-Screenshot-Loot.jpg

Monitor, heal, and equip your survivors. You can change their names too, but I did not bother:
sKudh8C.png

Also, the developers have a cool sense of humor:
T9AxS5o.png

How to Play It
Go to one of the following sites, you will need to create an account to play:
Armor Games, Facebook, or Kongregate
I personally go to armor games as I'm not going to use Facebook to play it and Kongregate version is said to suck.

Borman

I assume this is the sequel to the other Last Stand games? Looks like it. Ugh, should have never looked at this thread hah

coldfoot

Banned
This is kind-of (but not really) like an X-com game. You have survivors, you equip them level them up, send them on missons (real time) and play them, construct your base, defend against zombie rushes, etc.
It's really really addicting.

Paskil

This is kind-of (but not really) like an X-com game. You have survivors, you equip them level them up, send them on missons (real time) and play them, construct your base, defend against zombie rushes, etc.
It's really really addicting.

You shouldn't have said that. Should not have said that. Now I'm going to have to try it.

coldfoot

Banned
Maybe I should make this an OT? If so, could a mod change the title to "Dead Zone: The Last Stand |OT| F2P X-Com/Fallout clone MMO with Zombies"

valouris

OP how do you find the pay-to-not-wait-for-hours-for-a-menial-task system? Is the game playable without it at all?

Top Bottom