• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadline: Beauty & The Beast’ Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

I ended up going because I showed up too early on a Friday night and needed to wait for people to show up (that they never did is another matter), and this was the only movie playing that i wouldn't have had to wait half an hour for.

Not bad. "Shot for shot" does more or less describe it, and the pure-CGI of the "Be Our Guest" number often begged the question of why we weren't just seeing an animated movie.

Attempts to make the villagers more sympathetic just ended up making them come off as extremely gullible instead of just superstitious and misogynistic.

Son Of D

Yeah it goes BATB on the 17th .
Power Rangers on the 24th
and then Ghost on the 31st.

Which is insane for march.

I have a feeling Power Rangers is going to get crushed.
Why would they release Power Rangers a week after BatB? I know the demographics are different but still. At least GitS won't catch the (presumably) huge second weekend for BatB.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The last act of this movie is fucking gangbusters. Everything from when the villagers leave to storm the castle on is firing on all cylinders. And that's coming from someone who thinks a bunch of the rest of the movie is super rocky

I honestly think that if you have any affinity for the material it's worth going just for that last forty minutes. Emotionally, visually, dramatically it all works, even making up ground for weaker early bits

Well deserved. I didn't think it needed a live action remake but it was all extremely well done.

Keeping hitting the fucking home runs, Disney!

zeemumu

I really wish they would get the actress that played Mulan on Once Upon a Time for that role.

We can get that Cruella for the 101 Dalmations live action 2nd attempt

tumblr_ngmmeg6F341s389oyo2_500.gif

Vestal

Gold Member
The last act of this movie is fucking gangbusters. Everything from when the villagers leave to storm the castle on is firing on all cylinders. And that's coming from someone who thinks a bunch of the rest of the movie is super rocky

I honestly think that if you have any affinity for the material it's worth going just for that last forty minutes. Emotionally, visually, dramatically it all works, even making up ground for weaker early bits

It hit the emotional tones quiet well. I do agree that the first half of the movie didn't have a great flow however once you reach the aftermath of the wolf attack I think the movie finds its rythm and it's rock solid from there on. Deserves all the monies really.

Well I loved it so glad it's smashing it.

Gastons song was always the highlight of the original for me and I can't get the new one out of my head, fantasic take on it

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Its a shot for shot remake of the animated movie starring a terrible actress. Why are people so excited for this? Just watch the amazing animated movie again.

That's basically what it was. I had to take my kids today. Emma can't sing or act. It felt too long too.

PsychBat!

Banned
I went yesterday. I didn't have an overwhelming desire to see it but I was interested because the original animated feature is my favorite Disney movie of all time. I absolutely loved it, Be Our Guest was a spectacle and Emma was a great Belle.

Apt101

It opened $170 mil domestic? That's like top five or six of all time right?

Popular nostalgic property + Emma Watson's fanbase = money. If I was Disney I be trying to get her ass into another role within the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom