• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool (High Moon Studios) new screens

ksllpfq.png

Holy amount of destroyed sentinels !

Is this in the Days of Future Past future or something ?

It's Genosha.

I really, really, really want this game to be good.

There was a preview & interview a month back that went into the humour of the game a bit:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/16/deadpool-preview-and-interview-funny-ha-ha-3353881/

Certainly sounds like the humour's pretty good, the Cable stuff in particular sounds funny.

Was just about to post that one. There is another one as well, but it's annoyingly written since it's supposed to be Deadpool writing the article. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/386698/previews/deadpool-let-me-tell-you-why-you-should-buy-my-game/?page=1#top_banner

Gbraga

I'd be totally excited for this if it wasn't developed by the people who made that shitty Bourne game.

You mean "The Bourne Conspiracy"? I really liked that game, that makes me more excited actually, since I don't like Transformers at all.

Tizoc

There was a preview & interview a month back that went into the humour of the game a bit:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/16/deadpool-preview-and-interview-funny-ha-ha-3353881/

Certainly sounds like the humour's pretty good, the Cable stuff in particular sounds funny.

Oh my god
Approaching Wolverine you’re then presented with a dialogue style choice: hit A to ‘Bitch slap’ him or press B to ‘Be a quitter’.

Not exactly highbrow even for the rest of the game, but it was still hard to repress a chuckle as Deadpool found a different insult for every time he hit Wolverine. The two ‘X-Babes’ couldn’t be woken either so instead Deadpool uses the opportunity to rearrange them in a compromising position and have his photo taken with them (via his ‘camera’, which he occasionally stops to admonish for not framing the action properly).
I want this game already!

I wish Joe Kelly was writing for this.

Him along with/or Fabian Niceza

Gbraga

After getting into a fight and finding ammunition scattered along the ground in a neat row he remarks, ‘Who would leave ammo lying around like this? This game makes no sense!’

Holy crap, Game of the Year confirmed.

rvy

Banned
You mean "The Bourne Conspiracy"? I really liked that game, that makes me more excited actually, since I don't like Transformers at all.

Yes, couldn't play it for more than 10 minutes. Watched a friend go through some levels. Awful game.

Tizoc

I don't know much about the comics, What's Death have to do with Deadpool?

Ugh off my rusty memory of the 90s comic, Deadpool had a thing for Death and like-wise, but since Deadpool's healing factor prevents him from well dieing, he could never be by her side.

EDIT: Just any FYI that the 90s Deadpool comic is among the BEST comics of the 90s era of comics~

Ponn

Banned
As a big Transformer fanboy i have faith in High Moon on this. Ive seen too many developers say they get a beloved franchise and then proceed to show they only read up on it or just went with their own stupid shit. From a story and depth standpoint they knew their shit about Transformers and you could see the care and attention to detail in the game. And they did it while sticking within lore while creating an original, great story. The gameplay might not have been quite to Batman standards but the package was great. Im excited to see what they do with this and the fact we are not seeing a bunch of xmen cameos so far besides Cable is already showing me they get Deadpool.

Deadpool is the focus of the game and these screenshots. None of this looks fantastic or anything, but I can't figure why the character model looks worse than everything else. Textures look stretched, model looks like gumby.

I mean sure, as long as it plays well, right?

I don't want to get my hopes too high, but I am still looking forward to this game. Any word yet on any specific gameplay features that will try to set this game apart? Although Limb detachment is going to be heavily associated with MGR this year, I would think something like Wolverine Origins would fit nicely with Deadpool as well.

That hair.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
oooo Cable
You can come out, for now.

I think I'll be happy if it has combat at least akin to Wolverine Origins. But would Cable fit in that gameplay style if he is playable.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Deadpool is the focus of the game and these screenshots. None of this looks fantastic or anything, but I can't figure why the character model looks worse than everything else. Textures look stretched, model looks like gumby.

I mean sure, as long as it plays well, right?

I think the characters clash with the environments. Look the way the characters are done vs the environment and simply looks out of place. If they went with one direction I probably would be complaining less.

Do those games have any depth to their combat?

They were awesome as you always had to be agressive to get your health back, plus they were fast as fuck when you switched between vehicle and robot-form. The flying-levels where ace.

AwShucks

Those in game screens are not great.

But seriously, who will be playing this for the graphics? Not me that's for sure. Give me some Deadpool (and Cable please thank you)

kenjisalk

I read a ton of cape comics, but Deadpool is in my blindspot. Any fans have recommendations for essential Deadpool to read prior to this game?

Top Bottom