• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear console warriors

Why are you so pathetic?

• I’m a poverty-stricken scumlord

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • My mom dropped my tendies

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • I’m only 14 and my parents only bought me one console

Votes: 41 59.4%

• Total voters

Papa

Banned
Why are you so pathetic?

Why do you derive your sense of identity from a gaming console?

You know you will never get to lick the cream off a beautiful redhead’s body, right?

Whenever one of you shows up in the ban list for your childish shenanigans, we’re all laughing at you, not with you.

GHG

Gold Member
there's a console war happening? sorry, couldn't hear over the sound of my massive PC ego

Console wars?

source.gif

Excuse me, I have drivers to attend to.

Doczu

Cause we're all secret Hitlers on Neo-NaziGAF and when we talk about console superiority it's a hidden code only some of us understand.
You know you will never get to lick the cream off a beautiful redhead’s body, right?
And you're never going to get the excitement of meme-ing someone into submission.

Pseudo 8)

Papa

Banned
Cause we're all secret Hitlers on Neo-NaziGAF and when we talk about console superiority it's a hidden code only some of us understand.

And you're never going to get the excitement of meme-ing someone into submission.

Pseudo 8)

dat accidental admission that you’re a tendie-loving console warrior

DESTROYA

I love console wars!
It shows how idiotic people can be over a plastic box. I get that people like compare things they own but to get personal over a entertainment device is just dumb.
It brings out the best and worst of people, go forth console warriors and fight, it entertains me.

grFej9g.gif

OedRrb5.gif

Saber

Gold Member
Console wars are aways good for the discussion, laughts and enterteiment.

Without them we would end up being a bunch of stupid brainless idiots that spout nothing but positivity.

They are a necessary evil. So let us drink and talk like comrades in war.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
I have no loyalty to any of these companies anymore. That said, I definitely had some fanboyism growing up. We only had NES, Gameboy and SNES growing up and there was a lot of arguing on the playground, cafeteria etc. between the Nintendo kids and Sega kids. Then my first online forum was an N64 site (N64HQ or something like that) that I was on a lot in the lead up to launch and first few years of that generation. That was of course a fanboy haven and further continued my fanboyism.

I eventually played some games like RE1, FF7 etc. at a friends place and loved those and got a PS1 and have had multiple consoles since. My Nintendo fanboyism still lingered, just less intense. I got a GC first next gen, and then a PS2. I was pretty anti-Xbox early on and argued a lot with their fanboys online. I was all about Japanese games and didn't care at all about FPS, WRPGs etc. back then. Eventually got one an Xbox for KOTOR and loved that, really liked Halo 1 and 2 etc. That finally killed my fanboyism in my early 20s. I did get a Wii first the next gen, but I was pretty ho hum on it and just got it first as I was a poor grad student and had to wait a bit for price drops/sales to afford the 360 and PS3.

Now I don't give a toss about any of this companies in terms of having any loyalty to them or feeling any need to defend them or attack them beyond calling out practices I think are shitty by any of them. Nintendo hasn't been my most played console since the N64 generation, PS2 was most played, then 360 and then PS4. Like many, I do have preferences given the genre and style I like. Since late last gen when I got a PS3 I've been mostly Sony--but only because my currently favorite games are cinematic, third person, narrative driven, action adventure games and that's the bread and butter of their exclusives. My Switch (and Wii U and 3DS before it) have also gotten a ton of play, as does my PC where I also play Xbox exclusives (had an Xbox One for a year or so before Play Anywhere).

As for why there's still so many fanboys on a site like this were most people seem to be 30-40 somethings who should have grown out of it, I think it's a few reasons.

-For some the reason never changes. They can only afford (be it lack of money or lack of gaming time) one platform. Their fear of missing out makes them need to feel like they made the best choice with their limited time and/or money and don't want to feel like they're having a lesser gaming experience than people who own the other platform or can afford/justify multiple.

-Lot's of social rejects who just need to fit and and belong somewhere. They end up banding together with other fanboys and end up stating hyperbolic opinions, getting in heated arguments with the "other side" as it earns them internet points from their "friends". Same idea behind SJWs and whatever their otherside equivalent is. People have become more and more tribal and wanting to find some niche to "belong" to, and this seems far worse online than in the real world. It's especially bad on things like Reddit where there are console specific subReddits that are fanboy echochambers.

-Lot's of losers whose identities are just way to tied up in their hobby and the intellectual properties they enjoy the most. So if they're tied up in exclusive IP they're going to be a fanboy as it feels like a personal attack on them that the thing they care so much about/have as part of their self image and self worth isn't viewed as the best (or at least good) by others. Even for folks who aren't that extreme, having a lot of time and nostalgia invested in IP can lead to feeling a need to defend it.

And I'm sure we could come up with a host of reasons, and none of them justify adults being so invested in a damn media consumption hobby, nor feeling the need to do free marketing for huge multi-billion dollar corporations who don't give a shit about anything but getting as much of our hard earned money. I wish mods/site owners would do more to put the kibosh on fanboy bickering--but I get it leads to high traffic threads from people arguing and hitting F5 to see replies and keep posting again and again to try and get the last word and that means a lot of ad views.

Listen, Sega will return and it will show all the other consoles how sad, small and blast processorless they really are. Sega is my soul and my mind, Sonic my balls and Tails is both of my assholes from which I shit upon all of you inferior vermin from the greatest of heights. This is war and wars always have a winner, that you're such a BETA that you just don't get that, is your problem.

Look at this fish btw
1581340361526s.jpg

Why are you so pathetic?

Whenever one of you shows up in the ban list for your childish shenanigans, we’re all laughing at you, not with you.
So if I become a console warrior then I lose the right to lick cream off a redheads body, but can I still lick it off a brunettes booty hole? I need to know what the actual humanitarian cost will be, before I decide to enter the fray.

Moogle11

Banned
Damn it, excuse all the typos and wrong words (swapped homophones) in my wall of text! I make a ton of those errors when typing quickly, didn't proofread before submitting and just noticed a couple scrolling down now. I'd fix it, but I don't see an option to edit.

Fbh

When I was a teen I had to save up for a long time doing chores and saving whatever my grandparents gave me for Christmas and my birthday to afford a console so you bet your ass I was going to defend my 360 to death rather than admitting there was anything wrong with it!!.

until it died 3 fucking times with the RROD and I went for a Ps3. By then I already had a part time job though.

Last edited:

dolabla

When I was a teen I had to save up for a long time doing chores and saving whatever my grandparents gave me for Christmas and my birthday to afford a console so you bet your ass I was going to defend my 360 to death rather than admitting there was anything wrong with it!!.

until it died 3 fucking times with the RROD and I went for a Ps3. By then I already had a part time job though.

iu

Dynheart04

Neo Member
I don't get it either. I think people have their preferences, then get upset that they do not get/feel validated that the other person doesn't share the same preference. So these warriors respond the only way they know how: call that person every name in the book for not liking the same product.

It's unfortunate, really, as conversation is usually stamped out pretty quickly with insults being slung around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom