• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear NoE - Convert Star Points to Wii Points Please

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Besides purchasing Wii points directly, I thought it would be nice if we could get it through other means. For example like Star Points you get from purchasing certain Nintendo products. Would be even better if we could convert our existing Star Points to Wii Points.

There are also other ways to give out Wii Points, like a promotion in conjunction with another company's products: "Buy a can of Pringles for a chance of winning Wii Points!".

Good idea? Feasible?

Because of legalities, it would be hard to do a direct conversion thing, but it wouldn't be suprising to see 2000 Wii Points (e)cards in the Stars Catalouge as a product you can buy.

Danj

Tempy said:
Would be even better if we could convert our existing Star Points to Wii Points.

That would be so awesome, seeing as how I have 2475 of those useless Stars to my name at the moment.

ziran

defintely a good idea.

star points are worthless to the extent i don't even bother registering them anymore :(

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
hah, NOE hates everyone. They even hate me as a person, as a consumer and nintendo fan.

They want money to check my micro for a faulty d-pad. then they say that problem is just bullshit anyway, but if I want to waste my money I can send it in for a check....

**** you Nintendo of Europe. **** you Nintendo of Norway. **** you Nintendo. Give me mother1,2,3 and Tingle, then we can talk.

Danj

ziran said:
star points are worthless to the extent i don't even bother registering them anymore :(

I continue registering stuff and getting Stars in the hope that someday there will be something worth using them for. It doesn't seem like they expire, so as long as I remember to vist the NoE website (which, I notice, now has a picture of a Wii and a DSLite on the frontpage, instead of the 5-year-old picture of a Gamecube and an old-style GBA) every so often then I don't lose anything by it.

ziran

Tempy said:
Give me your codes :p
i would but i give them to my cousin.

Danj said:
I continue registering stuff and getting Stars in the hope that someday there will be something worth using them for. It doesn't seem like they expire, so as long as I remember to vist the NoE website (which, I notice, now has a picture of a Wii and a DSLite on the frontpage, instead of the 5-year-old picture of a Gamecube and an old-style GBA) every so often then I don't lose anything by it.
yeah, the idea is good, of offereing free items for buying games, but whenever the catalogue is updated i never get there in time for any non-crap items :(

so i gave up trying.

Danj

ziran said:
yeah, the idea is good, of offereing free items for buying games, but whenever the catalogue is updated i never get there in time for any non-crap items :(

Uh, they never have any non-crap items... it's all just ringtones and wallpapers now.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Danj said:
Uh, they never have any non-crap items... it's all just ringtones and wallpapers now.

Actually at the moment they seem to have:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team DS for 5000 pts
Geist GC for 4500 pts
Polarium ADvance GBA for 4200 pts

Which is better than wallpapers and ringtones, but not exactly making me want to spend those 5700 pts I currently have.

ziran

Danj said:
well, i've seen updates with hardware, mario controllers, cases, games, etc, good stuff, which is what my cousin's holding out for, but whenever i see the update on the site all these kinds of things are gone. all that's usually left is the stuff you mentioned and the odd nintendogs t-shirt.

Danj

Tempy said:
Actually at the moment they seem to have:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team DS for 5000 pts
Geist GC for 4500 pts
Polarium ADvance GBA for 4200 pts

Uh... where? I clicked on the link that says "View Entire Catalogue" and went through all 26 pages and I didn't see anything costing more than 350 points. Also searching manually for Polarium or Geist doesn't bring up anything. Are the Stars Catalogues different for different EU countries?

meh in Germany we only have crap Nintendogs shirts and stuff. I'd like to spend my near-15.000 points rather on some cool stuff again. Colored Wiimotes or whatever.

but would be cool to have the choice

fresquito

:Motorbass said:
meh in Germany we only have crap Nintendogs shirts and stuff. I'd like to spend my near-15.000 points rather on some cool stuff again. Colored Wiimotes or whatever.

but would be cool to have the choice
From time to time they have some good offers. But usuallly they disappear in question of minutes, so, if you're not there, chances to get the deal are slim to none.

I've seen some games in there. In fact, in the Spanish one you can get 1080 for 4000 points. They also offered Metroid Prime 2 and some others at the same price. Too bad none of them was of my liking :-/

I hope they do somethng interesting with the downloads and channels when it comes to use the points.

People always say there's nothing in there, but I've quite happily spent over 25,000 stars on real life stuff.
I've got 3,955 right now tho, that'll net me some Wii Points if I can buy them with stars.

Danj

JonathanEx said:
People always say there's nothing in there, but I've quite happily spent over 25,000 stars on real life stuff.

Well, how do you find out when they have real life stuff? Is there some newsletter or something I'm not signed up to that I need to be on?

That thing wouldnt be good to happen, that thing MUST HAPPEN.
Selected titles should come with vc games - give away super mario bros for free along with super mario galaxy btw
And if im going to buy 30 wii games, i want to get some free virtual console games too. Eh nintendo?

Around... last year they had a (secret) updating pattern that I figured out. After that finished as they had a delay sending some stuff out, it just became a game of checking the site daily (any interesting stuff, +5 stars). Thy generally update after/around 5pm though.

fresquito

Danj said:
Well, how do you find out when they have real life stuff? Is there some newsletter or something I'm not signed up to that I need to be on?
I check it out everyday. You get 5 stars just by logging in every day. I've acumulated 1625 just by checking.

fresquito said:
From time to time they have some good offers. But usuallly they disappear in question of minutes, so, if you're not there, chances to get the deal are slim to none.
Ah, that explains a lot of things... Oh well, at least it means that my star points are not totally worthless.

Himuro said:
WTF are Star points?
WTF?
Search: Key Word(s): WTF ; Posts Made By: Himuro
Showing results 1 to 50 of 438
Search took 2.27 seconds.
:)

Rocked

I remember reading an NOE interview where they said they were thinking of doing something like this, but there was legal issues that might prevent it.

Danj

Himuro said:
WTF are Star points?

They're like the stunted ugly deformed midget inbred European cousin of Club Nintendo points. I have never seen anything useful in the Stars Catalogue, and I am seriously wondering if mainland Europe gets a different Stars Catalogue to the UK, because I don't see any of these offers that are allegedly on there at the moment either. I waded through 26 pages of wallpapers, screensavers, print-out-yourself posters and T-shirt transfers, and mobile phone ringtones to find that out.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Danj said:
I waded through 26 pages of wallpapers, screensavers, print-out-yourself posters and T-shirt transfers, and mobile phone ringtones to find that out.

There's other, better stuff but that's gone in a flash usually, but then I'm speaking about the Belgian and Dutch shops. The only useful thing I've ever gotten out of that stupid catalogue is the Zelda Collector's Edition disk (OoT, MM, Zelda 1&2)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
JonathanEx said:
Every country has their own stars catalouge individually. Germany, France, UK... etc.

Yeah but it can't be that one country doesn't get an update once in a while. Every country gets more expensive stuff once in a while. Though there might be subtle differences in what they offer, I doubt the UK gets nothing other than the wallpaper/printout crap.

Darunia said:
Yeah but it can't be that one country doesn't get an update once in a while. Every country gets more expensive stuff once in a while. Though there might be subtle differences in what they offer, I doubt the UK gets nothing other than the wallpaper/printout crap.
Aye, the UK one does get good stuff. When they did the pattern I mentioned before, most countries updated at once: but some things were clear. Smaller countries to Nintendo got pretty crap stuff, Germany got the best, UK stuff seemed to be clearing the stock rooms... and the demand in the UK was the highest: even when there are hundreds, unless they are the Pokemon hat and wallet, they'll sell out quickly.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Donkey Konga 2 with Bongos, Kingdom Hearts themed GBA SP with game, Pokemon Colliseum, Wario World, Pacman stylus

I'd rather keep this up, than buy wii points.

Top Bottom