• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Watch_Dogs: please take note. (New Infamous Second Son Screenshots Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Seattle really look like that? I mean it's a beautiful city if it does. The North West isn't always shown in popular media. I mean there are Twin Peaks and Alan Wake but you get what I mean.

And ironically, Twin Peaks was shot in California. (With the exception of the pilot and movie)

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Those city shots are georgeous, but there's people in that city?

Here's one of the shots showing more people:

Yeah, I actually looked for jaggies; they are no where to be found. Believe

ix6teQPK65fLl.jpg

Neither game is even hinting at the potential of next-gen. We're early in the first year, so this is like arguing whether COD2 or Oblivion looks better.

This constant comparison between the two is not fair at all IMO. From what I've seen, there's a lot going on in WD than Infamous SS. A much, much denser city, dynamic day/night/weather system, more indoor areas, driveable vehicles that move faster than Delsin so streaming is more demanding, plus crashing/damage ragdolls and collision etc.

You're comparing the smoke and mirrors of WD, the 'living and breathing city' talked about is all bombastic talk, to the understated and yet unknown inFamous game.

There is one thing we know already, rooftop neon running is a demanding effect to streaming.

To the people that are uploading pictures, have you tried this method?
Pretty sure this has been said previously but I'l reiterate it for anyone who hasn't seen it.

If you want to take the screenshots directly from the PS4 without using Facebook or Twitter:

Download the Playstation app onto your smartphone from the Play Store/App Store

Create a new PSN ID specifically for the app.

Friend request your new ID to the current one on the Playstation

Then use the PS4 to send the screenshots via a message from your PS4 account to the one on the smartphone

Then there's an option to save the image when you view it on the smartphone, do that

Then simply plug the phone into your PC/Mac and just grab the images from the phone

It's simple to do but the images are still slightly compressed. Until Sony patch a copy to USB function this is the only way you're going to get semi-decent images without a capture card (to my knowledge anyway).

Anyway, here's a KZ grab and two AC4 ones using the above method

iKoCH70qN7ag1.jpg

ibrHYzAA8jv44H.jpg

ibtJwqt8xsNaVb.jpg

crozier

The problem with Watch Dogs is that it's both (a) cross-platform, and (b) cross-gen. It was never going to look as good as a PS4 exclusive.

TyrantII

It is a crime that Sony is advertising this game with a live action commercial. I mean look at these pictures, this game is stunning!

WFH today and had comedy central on. They played both the live action and gameplay trailer like 10 times, least once per hour.

GHG

Looks stunning.

Has the street date broken for this one in the UAE at all? If so I'll go hunt a copy down today.

Holy shit how does it even look that good. Jesus Christ that is beautiful.

I do not regret pre-ordering this. I do regret not asking for the day off work. Damn.

slapnuts

I can't believe people were saying this had a huge downgrade. Looks fantastic.

Learned to take "most" peoples opinions as a grain of salt many moons ago.

Also i like to hold judgement on games still in progress ..even watchdogs because half the time games come out different than we initially thought.

Infamous on PS4 is truly showing off what PS4 is capable of. To know these are in-game visuals 4 months after PS4 launch has me totally excited for future PS4 games...especially 1st party stuff. I suppose this refutes all the claims PS4 is not really next generation capable even though i personally felt what we've seen so far on PS4 is only scratching the surface in terms of visuals, physics,AI,etc...Sony's "Greatness Awaits" meme is prophetic .

On a side note:
Some of you guys are in for a HUGE surprise next week when you all see MLB The Show on PS4 hardware. Yes Infamous is the best looking PS4 game thus far imho but MLB The Show will "best it" come next week ...mark my words. A close pal of mine shared a few pieces of media tonight and i was blown away.

Loudninja

Learned to take "most" peoples opinions as a grain of salt many moons ago.

Also i like to hold judgement on games still in progress ..even watchdogs because half the time games come out different than we initially thought.

Infamous on PS4 is truly showing off what PS4 is capable of. To know these are in-game visuals 4 months after PS4 launch has me totally excited for future PS4 games...especially 1st party stuff. I suppose this refutes all the claims PS4 is not really next generation capable even though i personally felt what we've seen so far on PS4 is only scratching the surface in terms of visuals, physics,AI,etc...Sony's "Greatness Awaits" meme is prophetic .

On a side note:
Some of you guys are in for a HUGE surprise next week when you all see MLB The Show on PS4 hardware. Yes Infamous is the best looking PS4 game thus far imho but MLB The Show will "best it" come next week ...mark my words. A close pal of mine shared a few pieces of media tonight and i was blown away.
Ah so they showing the game next week?

Smart time to hype that up next.

Played the first Infamous day one, and man I am amazed how far things have come in five for Sucker Punch. Pre-ordered this one during E3 last year. Congrats Sucker Punch! You're up Naughty Dog...

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Dear OP: please take note of how most multiplats look compared to exclusively developed 1st party games. Infamous does look great but I'm not sure what the point is of heckling multiplat developers for not being able to achieve what dedicated, in-house, single platform devs can.

I would think the better metric is how W_D holds up to AC4 at least.

Ploid 3.0

On a side note:

wow this is all kinds of good news. And here I am spending $270 yesterday on a graphics card to upgrade my PC part by part. Just need to spend about $500 more next (cpu intel + motherboard, currently athlon II x4 640). Then after that I'll update the memory. I have my PS4 ready at least + it's games designed specifically for that system. Console games tend to have more polish to them since they don't have to spend a lot of r&d on making sure it works on different builds of hardware.

Dear OP: please take note of how most multiplats look compared to exclusively developed 1st party games. Infamous does look great but I'm not sure what the point is of heckling multiplat developers for not being able to achieve what dedicated, in-house, single platform devs can.

I would think the better metric is how W_D holds up to AC4 at least.

People are mad at the seeming graphical change or truth of Watch Dogs. First shown, it looked unbelievable, then it started getting worse. That first video looks like game graphics but I'm wondering if it was CG or whatever.

Ploid 3.0

Looks good. Will keep an eye on it when it releases to see how cherry-picked this pics were.

Watching the stream yesterday there's more to it, it seem to always look very nice. The crazier colors and niceness wasn't shown. This game is beautiful consistently. It would be best to show the familiar stuff because of spoilers. I think some spoiler screens can be found in the spoiler thread but not much was captured outside of menu spoiler stuff I won't mention because people was happy to see it, so they took a print screen. The unreleased power wasn't even captured from the screen, though the streamer was taking pictures of certain things.

scitek

wow this is all kinds of good news. And here I am spending $270 yesterday on a graphics card to upgrade my PC part by part. Just need to spend about $500 more next (cpu intel + motherboard, currently athlon II x4 640). Then after that I'll update the memory. I have my PS4 ready at least + it's games designed specifically for that system. Console games tend to have more polish to them since they don't have to spend a lot of r&d on making sure it works on different builds of hardware.

People are mad at the seeming graphical change or truth of Watch Dogs. First shown, it looked unbelievable, then it started getting worse. That first video looks like game graphics but I'm wondering if it was CG or whatever.

I guess you mean first-party titles since most third-party games come to PC nowadays.

I'm looking forward to trying this game out, but I own the first two and have still never played through them. I played a bit of the first, but lost interest after a few hours straight of 20fps gameplay.

Sony really needs to advertise the graphics. Something like "The Following is 100% Gameplay Footage" or something like that, followed by showing off how insane this game looks, especially at night. Really don't understand why they choose to do live action at all.

Their TV spot now has an insane 4 million views https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhtU_sjQzjM < Some great shots in that ad.

That's rather incredible consider even something like the Last of Us has NOWHERE NEAR that. New generation of fans? Better appeal?

I'm rather surprised and anticipating some really strong sales for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom