• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding - Hideo Kojima Gives Update on the Development of His Mysterious Game.

Varteras

Gold Member
I love Kojima's work but I'm a little worn out on the way he's marketing this game. For fuck's sake just show us what the hell this game is already. Explain it to us without a bunch of cryptic, self-indulging bullshit. We get it. You have a hell of a mind. We know. Metal Gear Solid is a big mind game we played for decades. You teased us with this game 3 years ago and we still have no clue what it is. I'm sure when it releases we'll be all like, "Ooooooh that's what that was about". Until then, you're running the risk of making people just not give a shit by the time you actually do talk. I know tons of people will still wet their pants but I'm just over it at this point.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
kraspkibble kraspkibble Varteras Varteras I feel the same to be honest. Graphically the same looks astounding and some of the short clips we've seen looks breathtaking from an animation point of view, but yeah still - what do you do. I'm getting more and more No Man's Sky vibes from this. Before release the same question was asked and a large number of people wouldn't hear it. Then look what happened.

I found the point about amateur having loads of time to consistently work on the same item interesting. Part of being a professional is knowing when to step back and have the confidence to say this is at a level I'm happy at given all the other stuff I need to complete as well. I don't care if it's months out, just want to know if I should keep an eye on it or not. Because it's likely I'll just pass over any news until I do from hereon in.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
That's Sony and anyone that deals with Sony for you. They are boring

Wouldn't it be silly to talk about games if the subject is movies?

Badum tsch.

Jokes aside, how can people be hyped for this when there's literal no info about it besides some weird videos that doesn't make any sense at all?

Well I am a fan of Kojima games, even got myself the 1/6 Ludens collectable figure, got my MGS collection...but I really cant be bothered reading to his cringe wanabe posts about DS anymore.

He milked that cow about a year ago. Cryptic posts about characters...sure. but more than three years we dont even know whats it about. He doesn't have to give a full description but a short synopsis just so we have some idea what is the gameplay about. I feel like even he doesn't know what he is making and is just using this sort of marketing to keep people interested because this is still ways off and got revealed way too soon.

And that "gameplay" trailer 10 months ago. I just saw on YT a guy in one hour make a lush environment level in U4 engine so their empty mountainous setting and one single character walking could just as well be the very beginning of game development and not to show how game is almost done.

Last edited:

Thabass

Jokes aside, how can people be hyped for this when there's literal no info about it besides some weird videos that doesn't make any sense at all?

Kojima trailers are the best parts of the hyping of his games. You should have seen the hype surrounding MGSV when he would slow leak information.

The man knows how to market his games.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Kojima trailers are the best parts of the hyping of his games. You should have seen the hype surrounding MGSV when he would slow leak information.

The man knows how to market his games.

This is one of the best things about Kojima.

Top Bottom