• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

DEATHLOOP Review Thread

vaibhavpisal

Jun 10, 2019
A hell of a lot of people out there saying that this is massively overrated....

That it's not tight and is way too easy..... ACG, Supanova, Sophia above and pretty much everyone Ive talked to...which is about 6 or 7 people have said it's anywhere between a 6.5 to an 8. Most said about 7.

I'd believe that.... there seems to be a huge push behind this game from the media. Of course the fact that it is easier probably makes it more attractive to media types.

The level design is praised.

If you don't appreciate good level design, how you can approach each situation differently, you won't find it anything special.

But if you get a kick out of it, you will love it.

FunkMiller

Aug 14, 2014
It’s always hilarious when a game reviews really well and some people just can’t handle it and insist on trying to take it down.

There’s some console war bullshit going on in all of it, for sure. It’s a great game. Is it a 10/10? No. But it is a solid 9. Great exploration and investigation. Cracking gameplay loop. Interesting story. Original structure. Cool multiplayer.

Some folks just need to get out of the way of their prejudices and expectations.

Reactions: R6Rider and GHG

DjMystix

Jun 8, 2009
USA
Just completed it yesterday. I want to share a couple of thoughts that might help someone. Don't give up early on, the learning curve of this game is huge and also, you start with no weapon and skill and that makes the first few hours of the game extremely tedious and frustrating to play. But once you gain new skills and weapons, the game transforms into something I have not experience in the longest time.

I absolutely loved the game and its mechanics. It plays very well and I realy enjoyed solving the mystery behind the loop. and btw, this is coming from someone who wasn't a fan of Arcane Studios. I just never liked their previous games. This game has definitely won me over.

I don't think this is a 10/10 experience as some critics have rated it but I think this is a solid 8.5 or even 9 IMHO. Excellent game! Do give it a try!

• Thoughtful
Reactions: graywolf323

Captain Toad

I advertise for PlayStation. For free.
Dec 1, 2020
I finished it last night. It's pretty good. I liked it more than Dishonored, which I didn't really care for, but not as much as Prey, which I loved.

I honestly don't see how IGN and GameSpot thought this game was worthy of a 10. I don't mean that to insult the game, but there is nothing here that screams "amazing" or "masterpiece".

But, it's a fun, short, single-player FPS campaign. Hopefully, we can out the "rougelike" discussion to rest finally, as the game is nothing like a rougelike.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Phase and Bryank75

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

My final review for Arkane Studios' "Deathloop"

I received a copy of this game for free from Arkane Studios for both PlayStation 5 and PC. Despite this - I have provided what I feel are my true and honest opinions of the product in its current state.

This review was created in a way that is intended to avoid any spoilers, and therefore will not cover any late game material specifically - though my criticisms still apply.