• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathsmiles I and II coming to additional platforms

Bullet Club

Banned
Deathsmiles I and II coming to additional platforms

City Connection at the helm.

C1eNA6v.jpg

Shoot ’em up games Deathsmiles and Deathsmiles II are coming to multiple platforms via City Connection, original developer Cave and City Connection announced during the “Cave Festival: Tokyo Game Show 2019 Mini Edition” segment of the Famitsu x Dengeki live stream at Tokyo Game Show 2019.

The original Deathsmiles first launched for arcades in October 2007, followed by Xbox 360 in April 2009, iOS in July 2011, Android in July 2013, and PC in March 2016. Deathsmiles II launched for arcades in May 2009 and Xbox 360 in May 2011.

While further details were not announced, the Deathsmiles ports are listed as “Multiplatform Expansion No. 1” for Cave, suggesting that other Cave titles may be coming to additional platforms in the future.

Source: Gematsu

petran79

Banned
I played ds2 on PC via the arcade rip but gfx emulation had issues, plus dialogues were Japanese. Tried also the Xbox360 emulator but it playes at black screen (sound and controls work fine)

I was waiting for an official version. While a shorter game than ds1, I liked it as much.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hope it comes to PS4, will definitely get it there.

psygn0sis

Finally, this is good news! Deathsmiles 2 also never released outside of Japan on X360 and it was region locked...
PS: Not Cave-related but I'm still hoping for Raiden Fighters Aces porting, it's really pricey nowadays.

Sounds awful to say but was hoping M2 were doing this over City Connection since it means another LRG release physically . :/ (although I guess Battle Garegga was an LRG release too but it did get a standard edition release)

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Still waiting for II on PC. Would also really like Mushihimesama Futari and DoDonPachi Saidaioujou on PC.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Finally, this is good news! Deathsmiles 2 also never released outside of Japan on X360 and it was region locked...
PS: Not Cave-related but I'm still hoping for Raiden Fighters Aces porting, it's really pricey nowadays.

I thought it did? Didn't Deathsmiles 2 get a US 360 release that was digital-only?

Either way, I haven't played it, despite having owned the Shooting Collection with all their 360 shit since... what, 2013? Shame on me.

But I love Deathsmiles 1. Wish they'd tell us what they're actually planning to do. I'm a bit biased, but I'd like to see some sort of Black Label-style revision on the Exa Arcadia.

Super excited about this, and especially for II.
I was super sad when Lite was no longer supported on iOS, but I just searched and the normal version is available so I bought it again. I love Deathsmiles.

Dazrael

Does this mean that M2 are going to be left out in the cold with their Shot Triggers brand? City Connection now have the Cave release rights it seems.

Make the most of ESPRade when it arrives.

Nice. I generally don't like horizontal shmups but I enjoy all the ones CAVE have made, which includes these.

I didn't put as much time into 2 as with 1, though I preferred the first, even if only for visual preference. =P

Top Bottom