• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Definitive way to play Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike online?

adamy

Banned
After trying to get into SF5, I've decided it just isn't for me and have recently gotten an itch to get back into SFIII: 3rd Strike.

What offers the best competitive scene for SFIII: 3rd Strike? Curious what release is generally considered the best and most popular when it comes to online competitive play. Ps3? Xbox? FightCade? Thanks in advance!

Your best bet is probably fightcade in all honesty. Other version can be hit or miss at times and the net code isn't always the greatest. You should be able to activate training mode with fightcade version using a workaround too.

morpix

The console version is (XBL/PS3) great. Not sure if the Xbox version has backwards compatibility yet. But the netcode is pretty damn good after they updated it. I haven't tried the Fightcade one honestly.

Got it. What's the benefit of FightCade? Larger community?

That's basically it, yeah. The GGPO netcode for Online Edition is essentially perfect, and the port itself is excellent, but there's probably not a lot of people playing it on last-gen consoles right now.

[Fugo]

Fightcade is probably the best, but still 3s doesn't really work online. It's just not designed for it, the game relies so much on twitch reactions that even the slightest delay makes the experience different.
You can have fun with it of course, but "real" 3s can't be played online. I wish it could :/

Skilletor

The emulators for fightcade feel just ridiculously awful to me. When people are so adamant that it feels great, I just wonder if there are settings I'm missing or something.

Guttertrash

Neo Member
Fighcade is great! Getting it setup is the most frustrating part and it's pretty easy. There's a file you can download online that includes everything you need to start playing in one package: Figthcade, 3S rom etc.

The netcode is really good and you can see other players' connection, so you can pretty much avoid lag filled matches.

The community can be a little toxic, but overall it's pretty solid. A lot of badasses are on fightcade. I played OE a lot about 3 years ago and it seems the competition is greater on fightcade.

Be prepared to see a lot of Alex and Hugo. I see very few Dudley or Ryu players(My mains).

Sou Da

so do I just challenge ransoms in the chat room? there a FightCade GAF community thread by chance?
Just challenge randoms from your country or ask for a dight, I find that even when I sit there practicing I'll get a challenge.

Not actually sure if it's larger but it's more consistent and tight knit, also it's arcade perfect 3rd strike.

Second that.

I play fine with my paesanos from Albania, & I live in Jersey.
Considering US - EU in games like Sf4 & V & overall runs like shite (dat freaking delay makes it unplayable), Fightcade is way more stable. input delay happens sometimes tho, but it's understandable, considering the huge distance.
Also, there's better players in Fightcade, if u wanna do competitive.

RS4-

Fighcade is great! Getting it setup is the most frustrating part and it's pretty easy. There's a file you can download online that includes everything you need to start playing in one package: Figthcade, 3S rom etc.

The netcode is really good and you can see other players' connection, so you can pretty much avoid lag filled matches.

The community can be a little toxic, but overall it's pretty solid. A lot of badasses are on fightcade. I played OE a lot about 3 years ago and it seems the competition is greater on fightcade.

Be prepared to see a lot of Alex and Hugo. I see very few Dudley or Ryu players(My mains).

I use Dudley and Ryu.

I'm not a huge fan of the fightcade net code though.

Top Bottom