• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox app on PC doesn't show my friends I'm playing Street Fighter 6 (and certain others)

Wonko_C

I don't know what the criteria is for the Xbox app on Windows to show the games you're playing in your online status, but it never ceases to puzzle me.

Your friends on Xbox can't see you playing Street Fighter 5 I can understand, as that is a PlayStation exclusive, but they can't see you playing SF6!? Come on, I have Xbox friends that come online but don't invite me to play matches because they just see me as "Online".

Yet your friends can see you playing the PC version of freaking Returnal (a PlayStation 5 first party game) on Xbox. What gives?

Microsoft high quality software working great i see
9sM0.gif

Shubh_C63

And that's Microsoft. Supposed king of software.

Yeah when it comes to gaming (GWL, Windows Store) the apps are laughably bad.
Xbox Game bar so chunky (Win+G) I had to permanently turn it off. So bad.

Wonko_C

why in the world would you buy the windows store version of SF6?
It's the Steam Version. Didn't even know the game is on the windows store.

In the Xbox app, do you have your game status blocked?

capturesodt9.jpg
Of course not. Some games show, others don't, I know it's normal for some games to not show because they haven't been added, but Street Fighter 6 not being there seems like an odd omission.

Last edited:

yamaci17

it depends if the game was added to the game bar detection system (and sooner or later all games tend to go in. more so because amd and microsoft made it so that a game becomes CCD aware for zen 4 CPUs if game bar detects a game is running)

Wonko_C

it depends if the game was added to the game bar detection system (and sooner or later all games tend to go in. more so because amd and microsoft made it so that a game becomes CCD aware for zen 4 CPUs if game bar detects a game is running)
I don't understand what AMD CCD is, I'm an Intel caveman. I just find it funny how some games can get there like Hatsune Miku Project Diva Mega Mix+ (Steam) which isn't even on Xbox, and other oddities like the Steam Version of Phantasy Star Online 2 not showing, yet the Windows Store version does.

And forget about it if you're playing a VR game, not even Half Life Alyx IIRC, LOL.

yamaci17

I don't understand what AMD CCD is, I'm an Intel caveman. I just find it funny how some games can get there like Hatsune Miku Project Diva Mega Mix+ (Steam) which isn't even on Xbox, and other oddities like the Steam Version of Phantasy Star Online 2 not showing, yet the Windows Store version does.

And forget about it if you're playing a VR game, not even Half Life Alyx IIRC, LOL.
so some of the new ryzen cpus have 16 cores, which is compromised of two big 8 core groups. for exaple when core 2 wants to communicate with core 10, there's a performance penalty due to being in different clusters. but one point further is that AMD introduced v-cache, that boosts CPU bound performance immensely. but surprise surprise, some of their CPUs only have vcache on one side of the CPU. so naturally, the non v cache part would slow a game down, theoritically

so the v-cached 8/16 portion is already enough for games, yes? so it would be unpractical if a game hops threads around these two big 8 core groups, where one of them is slower due to having regular cache. so AMD and microsoft together created a way to make sure games only run on one CCD (one group of 8 cores) . so if game bar detects a game is running, their cpu scheduler only assigns the game to a single CCD.

its weird but its true

"
  1. Update your BIOS to the latest one available. This will ensure the intended performance and functionality of the AMD Ryzen 7000 Series with AMD 3D V-cache.
  2. Enable Game Mode in Windows by going to "Settings / Gaming / Game Mode" and turning it on.
  3. Update the Xbox Game Bar App to the latest version.
  4. Install the required Chipset Driver (version 5.01.03.005 or newer). After installation, restart the system and verify that the device manager has "AMD 3D V-Cache Performance Optimizer" and that the "AMD 3D V-Cache Performance Optimizer Service" is running. Also, verify that the "amd3dvcacheUser.exe" program is running in the task manager.
  5. Run "Process Idle Tasks" by opening the command prompt as an administrator and entering "Cmd.exe /c start /wait Rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks". This may take some time (up-to 15 minutes), so try not to touch the keyboard or mouse during the process.
  6. Verify the KGL Version Loaded by pressin"
I wont lie to you, this is one of the funnier shit I've ever seen in hardware history. imagine highly expensive, top of the shelf tech having to utilize game bar to detect games lol

Top Bottom