• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demo PlayStation VR at Select Best Buy Stores (Every weekend through December)

t hicks

Banned
Wish they were doing one in Orlando :/ oh well im sure some Gamestop will have one set up around here sometime this month...

Man why do these things never come to northeastern Florida, we got the oldest city in the nation up here gettin' no respect and Jville ain't so bad.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Man why do these things never come to northeastern Florida, we got the oldest city in the nation up here gettin' no respect and Jville ain't so bad.

The PlayStation tour bus will be going to Daytona, check their site for date/times. Closer to Staugustine at least, than any of these.

cool_dude

Banned
These locations are lame as shit. Where's the major cities in those states!? You'd think they'd select locations with high populations in those states.
They must be running trials or something. Maybe testing the waters before going to major cities.

But really, I'm just salty that the two in my state, florida, is hella hours away.

Wow, IMO, they really want to limit exposure and bad impressions.

Sami+

Where the fuck are Brandon and Vero Beach

Is Brandon like

Brandon's house or something is that even the name of a city

Onaco

I can't scroll down States past Virginia. There's no way that they wouldn't include Wisconsin...
Fuck this state.

DJ88

All the Malls in Southern Florida and they pick Vero Beach? What why? Not Boba, not Sawgrass, not Aventura.

Fuckin Vero Beach.

Right?

2 major cities Miami and Orlando? Lets throw it smack in the middle of them in Vero fucking Beach.

At least Brandon is close to Tampa.

bumpkin

And nothing in my state (NH). It's a shame Sony isn't including PSVR demo stations in the E3 Experience events (that we know of).

Also, LOL at Illinois having the most locations.

Are they purposefully putting these in the most obscure BB locations?!

"hey lets put it in the heart of Miami!"

"Nah, lets put it 2 hours away/"

Tumle

Nintendo's influence can be felt in everything their competitors do, but this is totally the way to demo VR for everyone who hasn't had the chance.
Yes thank god for Nintendo!! If it wasn't for Nintendo how would other companies ever have thought of demoing stuff like VR to the masses! /s
Nintendo is great, but they are not the inventors of everything..

For other posters wo asks why they aren't going into the big cities.. I think that will come later on.. Start in the outer areas and working there way towards more populated areas as we get closer to launch..

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
23rd and 6th? What a weird choice. You would think they would go for the flagship store at Union Square. Regardless, that's right by my office, so I guess I don't have an excuse to skip it.

New Added States & Locations:
Florida
- Clearwater

Connecticut
- Enfield

Michigan
- Grand Rapids
- Madison Heights / Troy

New York
- Mount Verson

Ohio
- North Olmstead
- Toledo

Texas
-Humble

Wisconsin
- Southridge

Thoraxes

Catch ya'll at the Burbank BB on Saturday!

Edit: will be sure to give back impressions once I've finished

Weird that they chose the Burbank ones out of all the others for the region. I guess the proximity to the L is good though. Still, I'm going to have to drive northbound on Cicero for 10 miles or so during the worst time of the day on a Friday. Traffic is gonna be shiiiiiiiiiit

GameStop locations announced:

A press release announced that select GameStop retail locations will be hosting demos of PlayStation VR through December 2016 in six markets, with the first of the demo sessions taking place this weekend from June 17-18 during the week of E3 where players can get hands-on time with the units.

Demos that will be available to try out include Ocean Descent (previously known as “The Deep”) and The Heist (previously known as “The Getaway”). Demos with PlayStation VR will be available from 3-7pm ET on Friday, 6/17 and 12-4pm ET on Saturday, 6/18 at the following six GameStop retail locations, with more locations to be available in the future:

9110 Atlantic Ave, Ozone Park, NY, 11416 (Brooklyn/Nassau)
499 Sunrise Hwy, Patchogue, NY, 11722 (Suffolk/E. Nassau)
1 Mill Circle, Ontario, CA, 91764 (Inland Empire)
2140 S University Dr., Davie, FL, 33324 (Ft. Lauderdale)
3972 Barranca Pkwy, Irvine, CA 92606 (Orange County)
3024 Highway 35, Hazlet, NJ 07730 (South Newark)

Literally not a single location in north florida. 4.5 hour trip for the closest one.

COME THE FUCK ON. Not even Jacksonville? Damn.

Top Bottom