• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrats open investigation into Jared Kushner's private emails

Zolo

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41394477
A senior Democratic lawmaker has opened an investigation into Jared Kushner's use of a private email account to conduct US government business.

Congressman Elijah Cummings penned a letter to the president's son-in-law and senior adviser requesting that he preserve all of his personal emails.

Mr Cummings quoted from the Republican investigation of Hillary Clinton's email server to justify the request.

"The public has a right to access public records," Mr Cummings wrote.

"The public has a right to certainty that no classified or sensitive information was placed at risk of compromise," Mr Cummings wrote, quoting Republican Trey Gowdy's letter to Mrs Clinton's legal team on 19 March 2015.

"Your actions in response to the preservation request and the information you provide in response to this letter will help determine the next steps in this investigation," the Maryland congressman wrote to Mr Kushner, a former real estate investor.

My Twitter feed is also saying that Ivanka used her private email as well. I'm still waiting for a website that I recognize to publish this information.

Dalek

This is worthy of a

Ahahahahahahaha

e8a.gif

louiedog

Is Sunday's Last Week Tonight going to just be 30 minutes of clips featuring Republicans talking about how important email security is, but cut around the mentions of Hillary?

Flo_Evans

This is dumb. You can’t spend a year defending private emails them be all “gotcha!”

You can’t call republicans hypocrites if you defended Hillary and support this.

This is dumb. You can’t spend a year defending private emails them be all “gotcha!”

They can at least investigate. The main problem with what the Republicans did is that they refused to accept the results of multiple investigations. I think it was totally fair to have an initial investigation into Hillary's emails.

wut.

We were calling it bullshit cause they keep re investigating it. Not that it was investigated.

turn over the same stone 100 times and its still the same.

therefore dont turn over other stones? wut

Surfinn

This is dumb. You can't spend a year defending private emails them be all ”gotcha!"

You can't call republicans hypocrites if you defended Hillary and support this.

I think the problem is that

Like, if you turn on Fox News TODAY, they are still relitigating her emails. They refused to accept that the FBI found nothing in their investigation. Not to mention the contexts being completely different (ie there is actual evidence/multiple instances of serious wrongdoing with dozens of Trump's admin officials).

Chumly

Uh didn't every single person say it was a mistake? Where people disagreed is whether she should be prosecuted criminally. I don't think kushner should be going to jail for this and I don't think democrats are hypocrites for calling for an investigation

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Did you bump your head? That’s not what happened.

If they find nothing incriminating in his emails but keep investigating over and over again then you will have a point.

I cannot wait to see the anti-Hilary " EMAILS" crowd's reaction on this.

This is dumb. You can't spend a year defending private emails them be all ”gotcha!"

Or, you can say it's hypocritical for them to resist and claim a pass on this, after they escalated the flames on the whole issue to begin with.

blugbox

Neo Member

I don't think many people were defending her use of a private email. That was dumb of her. She said so herself. I think people were concerned about classified info, which is still the issue here as well.

I'm late as always. I'm sure you get the idea haha

JABEE

If you’re doing this shit, you’re hiding something.

The public should have access to communications made as a public official.

cameron

"The public has a right to certainty that no classified or sensitive information was placed at risk of compromise," Mr Cummings wrote, quoting Republican Trey Gowdy's letter to Mrs Clinton's legal team on 19 March 2015.

Full Letter PDF: https://democrats-oversight.house.g...ts/2017-09-25.EEC to Kushner WH re.emails.pdf

Trowdy Quote:
uLXqd3k.png

His name is on the letterhead, but didn't sign the letter. Did get a CC, though.
GjcnfYm.png

Both signed the generic oversight letter sent on the same day to McGahn: https://oversight.house.gov/wp-cont...Gahn-WH-Presidential-Records-Act-due-10-9.pdf

This is dumb.

Actually, it's your argument that's dumb.

All people who blame others for doing something and then do that very same thing are hypocrites.

Some Republicans are doing this. Hence, those Republicans are hypocrites.

Let me know the part that you do not understand.

Top Bottom