• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: Kushner used private email to conduct White House business

Dr.Acula

Banned
I'm all for shitting on Kushner, and I'll happily join in, but this revelation coming out doesn't change Hillary's role in using a private email server. Shouldn't we have been able to hold her to a higher standard than Kushner, who is an obvious fucking moron without any national security experience (as opposed to Clinton, who had decades)?

In fairness to Clinton, her email was never hacked, while DNC emails were, Podesta's gmail was, OPM has been hacked, I mean, Clinton had a private server that was probably hardened using govt. standards. The concern isn't security as much as it was over transparency and public archival.

Aselith

I'm all for shitting on Kushner, and I'll happily join in, but this revelation coming out doesn't change Hillary's role in using a private email server. Shouldn't we have been able to hold her to a higher standard than Kushner, who is an obvious fucking moron without any national security experience (as opposed to Clinton, who had decades)?

You don't get "first day" grade curving when you work for the White House, my dude. It wasn't wrong to criticize Hillary for the email shit but they claimed she was a criminal and should be jailed for it so they should be as hard on their own people.

White House employees should be held to the highest standards.

Kenai

I'm sure the party of projection will treat this problem exactly the same as they did Hillary's emails.

Kyzer

Banned
Clinton had a private server that was probably hardened using govt. standards. The concern isn't security as much as it was over transparency and public archival.
Nope, her system had little to no security. She would have been more secure using GMail. But its neither here nor there

mildshock.gif

This dude is an idiot, so no real surprise here.

Is Kushner so fucking stupid that he can't learn from Hillary's mistakes, especially since he's well involved in using it against her? Is he so inept that he can't uphold his part in helping the white house agenda of having the most secure systems of all time, with the best cyber security ever? Is he too lazy to adhere to any policy changes surrounding it?

Because Hillary got crucified for it, there is no excuse. None at all. ZERO. ZILCH.

CC: Every journalist who thought attacks on Clinton's emails were at all on the level. Fucking morons, everyone of them.

The double standard at work here is very illuminating.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I feel for him. Seeing the contempt against Hillary, it's clear that this is one of the few things the American populace takes seriously: Misusing private email for government work. They will never forget this.

You’re right. There definitely won’t be any hypocrisy.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
@jimsciutto
Jim Sciutto Retweeted Jim Sciutto
WH confirms to CNN Kushner used private email to occasionally correspond with admin officials, says "fewer than 100 emails" Jan-Aug

Wonder how long this lie will hold up?

Kushball just gave Mueller justification to go through his private email and the private emails of everyone he corresponded with. Mueller just got the keys to the candy store.

Important to note that we’re likely only hearing this because that has already happened. There’s a reason Kushner has been under a blanket for a couple of weeks now.

@jimsciutto
WH confirms to CNN Kushner used private email to occasionally correspond with admin officials, says "fewer than 100 emails" Jan-Aug

Kushball just gave Mueller justification to go through his private email and the private emails of everyone he corresponded with. Mueller just got the keys to the candy store.
Holy crap

Everyone outside the Trump family will be looking to bury this kid. As if this boy didn't drag enough shit into the white house by influencing Trump to fire Comey. One of the few times I agreed with broken evil clock Bannon was on removing this wonderkid from Washington. I'm glad Trump was too corrupt and stupid to do it.

RaidenZR

Argh, why does he still have security clearance? Kushner should have been booted from the White House grounds months ago.

My fellow Americans...

Trump is innocent! It's the SWAMP PEOPLE in Washington who are to blame!

Like, that Jared Kushner, who the lamestream media are falsely claiming to be Trump's son in law. There's also Don Jr., Who is clearly of no relation to our dear President. They don't even share the same hair color.

Open your eyes, sheeple.

Plumbob

The interesting thing about emails is once you subpoena one, you might be going back for more to subpoena recipients of suspicious emails.

Or, Clinton was just doing what previous Secretaries of State had done, but Kushner was doing the same thing that the GOP and Trump campaign were castigating her for and was well aware that what he was doing was wrong.
I swear to you trump is also doing the same thing
TRUMP WHITE HOUSE SENIOR STAFF HAVE PRIVATE RNC EMAIL ACCOUNTS
Color me skeptical that this isn't still being done.

AndyD

aka andydumi

Con_Smith

Banned
I think the best thing about watching all this is how resistant people in charge are of punishing any infraction.

It's like being rich and white really is life's easy mode.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
There's a career toppling scandal in this administration every week but seemingly no one cares because they aren't Democrats. Say what you will but conservatives are much better at channeling their outrage through appropriate channels and in messaging than liberals are. Conservatives can get outraged in unison over Hillary Clinton picking her nose, but if Donald Trump does the same we argue about it and analyze it, and talk about what it means and obfuscate the issue in our disagreement with each other.

There's a career toppling scandal in this administration every week but seemingly no one cares because they aren't Democrats. Say what you will but conservatives are much better at channeling their outrage through appropriate channels and in messaging than liberals are. Conservatives can get outraged in unison over Hillary Clinton picking her nose, but if Donald Trump does the same we argue about it and analyze it, and talk about what it means and obfuscate the issue in our disagreement with each other.

It helps when you have propaganda news channels like Fox News controlling the message. Nothing like that exists for Democrats.

Every accusation a confession.

@jimsciutto

That and it was written like what's IN those emails is known...

Kelsdesu

There is smoke everywhere. Yet... Here we are. Before he was elected things were said and done that nobody should come back from. Yet...here we are. Do I put my faith in Mueller? Iono.

My fellow Americans...

Trump is innocent! It's the SWAMP PEOPLE in Washington who are to blame!

Like, that Jared Kushner, who the lamestream media are falsely claiming to be Trump's son in law. There's also Don Jr., Who is clearly of no relation to our dear President. They don't even share the same hair color.

Open your eyes, sheeple.
Swamp people, or "Sweople," control our government at the highest level.

le.phat

@jimsciutto

giphy.gif

SKINNER!

Banned
There's a career toppling scandal in this administration every week but seemingly no one cares because they aren't Democrats.

Yup. The sad thing about all this is is that we got people laughing and shouting "Lock him up" but the real reality is that nothing is going to be done about this.

Top Bottom