• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: Kushner used private email to conduct White House business

chadskin

Presidential son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner has corresponded with other administration officials about White House matters through a private email account set up during the transition last December, part of a larger pattern of Trump administration aides using personal email accounts for government business.

Kushner uses his private account alongside his official White House email account, sometimes trading emails with senior White House officials, outside advisers and others about media coverage, event planning and other subjects, according to four people familiar with the correspondence. POLITICO has seen and verified about two dozen emails.

“Mr. Kushner uses his White House email address to conduct White House business,” said Abbe Lowell, a lawyer for Kushner in a statement Sunday. “Fewer than 100 emails from January through August were either sent to or returned by Mr. Kushner to colleagues in the White House from his personal email account. These usually forwarded news articles or political commentary and most often occurred when someone initiated the exchange by sending an email to his personal rather than his White House address.”

Aides who have exchanged emails with Kushner on his private account since Trump took office in January include former chief of staff Reince Priebus, former chief strategist Steve Bannon, Gary Cohn, and spokesman Josh Raffel according to emails described to or shown to POLITICO. In some cases those White House officials have emailed Kushner’s account first, said people familiar with the messages.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/24/jared-kushner-private-email-white-house-243071

miubZmy

Mivey

I feel for him. Seeing the contempt against Hillary, it's clear that this is one of the few things the American populace takes seriously: Misusing private email for government work. They will never forget this.

ApharmdX

Banned
mildshock.gif

This dude is an idiot, so no real surprise here.

I'm all for shitting on Kushner, and I'll happily join in, but this revelation coming out doesn't change Hillary's role in using a private email server. Shouldn't we have been able to hold her to a higher standard than Kushner, who is an obvious fucking moron without any national security experience (as opposed to Clinton, who had decades)?

mildshock.gif

I'm all for shitting on Kushner, and I'll happily join in, but this revelation coming out doesn't change Hillary's role in using a private email server. Shouldn't we have been able to hold her to a higher standard than Kushner, who is an obvious fucking moron without any national security experience (as opposed to Clinton, who had decades)?
The point is that he will never face the same backlash for doing the same thing. What she did was wrong yes. But the hypocrisy is real. I mean people were calling for her death at some points.

sangreal

like nearly everyone before him, especially on the GOP side. The Bush admin deleted literally millions of white house staff emails from private servers.

It's only a problem if Hillary does it

Strike

He's not Hillary so it's fine. I'd love to see the GOP spin it if it became a big thing, which they totally would because they don't really give a shit.

rpg_fan

Didn't we know this for months? I remember reading that most of Trump's staff was using the rnc servers instead of government servers. I don't know if I'd find the story about it again, but they've been on private servers during the entire presidency.

Zubz

Banned
I can't wait to see the double-think on this one...

@jimsciutto
Jim Sciutto Retweeted Jim Sciutto
WH confirms to CNN Kushner used private email to occasionally correspond with admin officials, says "fewer than 100 emails" Jan-Aug

Wonder how long this lie will hold up?

Kushball just gave Mueller justification to go through his private email and the private emails of everyone he corresponded with. Mueller just got the keys to the candy store.

The sweetest part. Hopefully this can help expedite the process.

Tobor

mildshock.gif

We should be holding the entire Trump administration to an even higher standard, as every single one of them blasted Hillary for it for over a year.

Trump was yelling about emails for an entire year. Yet here we are.

Top Bottom