• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At Least 6 White House Advisers (Bannon, Reince) Used Private Email Accounts

giga

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/...eakingNews&contentID=65874496&pgtype=Homepage

WASHINGTON — At least six of President Trump's closest advisers occasionally used private email addresses to discuss White House matters, current and former officials said on Monday.

The disclosures came a day after news surfaced that Jared Kushner, the president's son-in-law and adviser, used a private email account to send or receive about 100 work-related emails during the administration's first seven months. But Mr. Kushner was not alone. Stephen K. Bannon, the former chief White House strategist, and Reince Priebus, the former chief of staff, also occasionally used private email addresses. Other advisers, including Gary D. Cohn and Stephen Miller, sent or received at least a few emails on personal accounts, officials said.

Ivanka Trump, the president's elder daughter, who is married to Mr. Kushner, used a private account when she acted as an unpaid adviser in the first months of the administration, Newsweek reported Monday. Administration officials acknowledged that she also occasionally did so when she formally became a White House adviser. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter with reporters.

Officials are supposed to use government emails for their official duties so their conversations are available to the public and those conducting oversight. But it is not illegal for White House officials to use private email accounts as long as they forward work-related messages to their work accounts so they can be preserved.

gnexus

Obviously Killary set horrendous precedent and everyone is following in her footsteps. Now we really gotta lock her up

Gutek

I’m convinced 99.7% of republicans that were outraged about Clinton did not understand what she had actually done. They will now keep mum, because “everybody has used a private account for work email” and “it’s not a big deal anyway”, not realizing the irony.

That’s because they were whipped into a frenzy by right wing propaganda, without even remotely understanding the situation.

G0523

094.jpg

UberTag

I’m convinced 99.7% of republicans that were outraged about Clinton did not understand what she had actually done. They will now keep mum, because “everybody has used a private account for work email” and “it’s not a big deal anyway”, not understanding the irony.

That’s because they where whipped into a frenzy by right wing propaganda, without even remotely understanding the situation.
You're not wrong... except for the fact that you're lowballing things by saying this only applies to 99.7% of Republicans instead of 100% of Republicans.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Hillary Clinton's email scandal is still raging to this day, and she does not, and likely will not hold public office ever again. How many days until the public completely forgets about this due to the fact that it's unlikely to even be a topic of interest among people? Sure it's funny, ironic, predictable and all the rest, but most of all it's frustrating that even raising this issue to some Trump supporters I know would just get me a silent hand wave at best - the very same people who wouldn't shut up about Hillary's emails.

Obviously Killary set horrendous precedent and everyone is following in her footsteps. Now we really gotta lock her up

I wonder if these people even know(or care) that bush and the RNC used a private email server and "lost" tens of thousand if not millions of emails or some shit like that.

Gutek

Every dem pundit on TV needs to yell about their emails for the next 7 years now. Day in, day out. Stay on message.

rjinaz

All I can hope is that each example of obvious hypocrisy to come out of this White House reaches a small amount of people on the fence. And after 4 years, and the stream is continuous, it's enough people to make a difference.

But it is not illegal for White House officials to use private email accounts as long as they forward work-related messages to their work accounts so they can be preserved.

Not holding my breath on anything coming of this.

Oh okay. I'm sure this will be on the NYT and every other publication's front page and the top of every US news broadcast for 18 months straight.
Right?

Fergie

Banned
Will the media constantly talk about this now? I expect around the clock media bubble heads talking about this for weeks

Hypocrisy is truly lost on Republicans.

Top Bottom