• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls (4K/30, Dynamic 4K/60, Photo mode, PS3 filter) - can now store characters in the Nexus

Wait... did that guy in the interview say "We first got Demon Souls running on a PS5..." Did I hear that right? Excuse me isn't og DS a PS3 game?

GHG

Wait... did that guy in the interview say "We first got Demon Souls running on a PS5..." Did I hear that right? Excuse me isn't og DS a PS3 game?

Shhh.

SmoggyHilariousBaiji-size_restricted.gif

FrankWza

Eh, there'll be a bigger one, they're went from HDMI 2.0 to 2.1 very quickly compared to how long we were stuck at HDMI 1.4.

eARC is huge, that's for sure.

If you enjoy movie content, you'll understand that 120hz is mostly trash and that you're really aiming for 24hz.

There'll be another step that makes it even more worthwhile in the future.

An AVR is a big investment, it's a different ball game than console gaming.

There’s always going to be a bigger step. You can’t chase tech. It’s all about getting in at the right time. At this point now, we are, as ht enthusiasts and gamers, at the perfect time to have a next gen console and a 4K tv with hdmi 2.1 and all its benefits where we will be good for at least 3 years and probably the entire gen. It’s like some kind of eclipse or something. This rarely happens.

N30RYU

I hear all devs talking about 4K MAX at 30FPS, and dynamic 4K or less at 60fps... any word about 1080p display users... are we gonna get downsampled 1080p MAX at 60 fps, or what?

Last edited:

wd40

I hear all devs talking about 4K MAX at 30FPS, and dynamic 4K or less at 60fps... any word about 1080p display users... are we gonna get downsampled 1080p MAX at 60 fps, or what?
i have a 1080p screen too, I think everything just runs in 1080 60 perfomance mode

GymWolf

I don't think that graphic wise it looks that good for a true next gen title. You take God Of War for example and it isn't that far behind.

Of all the gameplay we have seen, Spiderman Miles Morales looks the best so far. Much more detailed and with a far, far bigger scope.
The opposite for me, demons looks far better than morales...still not minblowed by any of them but the shitty yt compression plays a role in this most probably.

FunkMiller

Bluepoint needs to do Metal Gear Solid next

That would also sell a shit ton. Not quite the resurrection of a fairly obscure title in a long running franchise like Demon’s Souls is, but MGS on Ps1 is very, very old now. It could do with a next gen update, and could probably get away with more changes than with Demon’s Souls.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
That would also sell a shit ton. Not quite the resurrection of a fairly obscure title in a long running franchise like Demon’s Souls is, but MGS on Ps1 is very, very old now. It could do with a next gen update, and could probably get away with more changes than with Demon’s Souls.
It is very old now, I remember playing MGS4 and reaching Shadow Moses and realising it had been 9 years since MGS1, now I'm realising it's been 12 years since MGS4 😳
Call Kojima what you want but a Remake of MGS1-4 would be a Dream come true for me
But for now I'll settle for MGSRemake

No way I would ever play this on 30fps. Sure the game will look glorious in Native 4K but at the cost of double the frame rates!? 60FPS or bust! Hoping the same on Bloodborne

edbrat

So much good news about Demons Souls in one day, overjoyed with how Bluepoint and PlayStation are just wrecking it coming into this launch.

splattered

This is hands down the game of next gen launch for me. Can't wait to eventually play it <3

*Even if they did release this on PS4 or PC i will wait to get a PS5

Last edited:

splattered

Errr actually this more says "coming to PS4 and PC but we can't talk about that yet"

Doesn't bother me at all though, i'm waiting to play it on PS5 just like i am Cyberpunk for XSX etc

wd40

I wouldn't say Demon's Souls is obscure, the whole PS3 exclusivity combined with the fact that Dark Souls on 360 and PC was really popular means that alot of the people that played Dark Souls haven't played it, but it was a still big hit.

He was talking about how they got the original game running on Ps5 hardware, so they could make sure that the remake followed its template properly.
point being... they got a PS3 game playable on PS5 👀 No telling how much work it actually took, but it happened :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Edit: I personally would love it more if PS2 or PS1 games were BC!

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned
We can check with Mr Battaglia on that, i believe his pixel counting software costed him 1440 euro cents and he's been too fixated on having to spend that much for a lousy pixel counting software
Last time I checked, their pixel counting software was literally Paint. And no, it's not a joke.

Errr actually this more says "coming to PS4 and PC but we can't talk about that yet"

Doesn't bother me at all though, i'm waiting to play it on PS5 just like i am Cyberpunk for XSX etc
If it were ever coming out on PS4, they would have at least said it by now. The game releases in two weeks, what's even the point of making a PS4 version months and months later? It makes sense for Miles Morales because it's a simultaneous launch, and it's heavily based on a game that run on PS4 to begin with. But the longer you wait, the more people will have moved on from PS4 to PS5, so you're doing double the effort for half the prize.

In regards to PC, of course we should never say never, but I doubt it, at least in the next 1-2 years. At the end of the day despite all the noise, the rumors and the clamour of Sony going multiplatform, I see exactly one big PlayStation game on PC: Horizon. That's it. No God of War, no Spider-Man, no Gran Turismo, none of their really big established IPs, even though those would definitely sell even more than Demon's Souls (cult following and all, From games have nowhere near the appeal of stuff like Spider-Man).

Moreover, PS5 games that rely a lot on the use of the SSD for quick transfer of assets would be even harder to port to PC for at least a couple of years to come. So unless this game was engineered from the beginning with a PS4/PC port in mind (and it really doesn't look like it is), again they'd be going through a lot of extra work.

point being... they got a PS3 game playable on PS5 👀 No telling how much work it actually took, but it happened :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Edit: I personally would love it more if PS2 or PS1 games were BC!
They have access to the source code, it's not like they got a PS3 disk of Demon's Souls, put it in a PS5 and went developing from there. What he most likely meant is that they went back to the source code of Demon's Souls, recompiled it in a way to make it run natively on an x86 system and then integrated the parts of the code they needed to keep into Bluepoint's engine.

In other words, they made the game forward-compatible like you would for a Remaster, they didn't make the PS5 backwards-compatible for the sake of this specific game (not because it couldn't be in theory, I don't know that, but because it would make no sense in the context of their work).

Last edited:
They have access to the source code, it's not like they got a PS3 disk of Demon's Souls, put it in a PS5 and went developing from there. What he most likely meant is that they went back to the source code of Demon's Souls, recompiled it in a way to make it run natively on an x86 system and then integrated the parts of the code they needed to keep into Bluepoint's engine.

In other words, they made the game forward-compatible like you would for a Remaster, they didn't make the PS5 backwards-compatible for the sake of this specific game (not because it couldn't be in theory, I don't know that, but because it would make no sense in the context of their work).
Oh no way would they have just popped that disc into that disc slot, I'm just wonder how much work went into making that possible.

YCoCg

Bluepoint needs to do Metal Gear Solid next
They already did, it's the HD Collection. Want more salt in the wound? Kojima Productions when they were with Konami already remade every MGS2 and 3 character in the FOX engine.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
They already did, it's the HD Collection. Want more salt in the wound? Kojima Productions when they were with Konami already remade every MGS2 and 3 character in the FOX engine.
786089190602411150.gif

J_Gamer.exe

They made an assumption based off the video footage from YouTube. That assumption has proved to be wrong.

But with little to no evidence? as bo's thread pointed out with pixel comparisons....

Shouldn't guess or assume, we want analysis from them not guesses.

Would love to see what that 1440p claim was based off, if nothing then it was IMO stirring up shit.

I've not seen such assumptions for other games...

Top Bottom