• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls screenshots, Amazon's box art reveal for Souls, GT7, Destruction Allstars, Returnal, Sackboy

Saber

Gold Member
DS looks cool, although shallow in comparison with the original box art.

They should aim for that.

MrS

Banned
Those Souls screens are incredible. Game is gonna be so good. Gonna be a system seller if it’s a launch game.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Man I really like this one

The frontgate of Boletaria Palace

Where all the epic journey begins

I hope they keep it in the final version

Waiting for the broken archstone to be fixed this time

Umbasa
I don't like how much darker everything seems from the original. Boletaria is supposed to be an overcast gray. This color scheme seems closer to Dark Souls III, which was closer to Bloodborne.

You forgot this one

81y7ljCk7mL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Hope they go with something wildly different than that for Demons Souls. It makes me think of Castlevania: SotN’s NA cover of the castle itself - LAME. The one with Alucard on the front had great style and does a lot mor for the game. I would be happy with a new take on the original PS3 cover or something ethereal.

Is Destruction All-stars online focused or will it have some bot mode similar to Twisted Metal? I think that game will be cool but I still want to be able to play it once it's online life cycle has passed.

Returnal box art looks great. GT7 bringing me some nostalgic vibes.

Last edited:

Yoboman

Man I really like this one

The frontgate of Boletaria Palace

Where all the epic journey begins

I hope they keep it in the final version

Waiting for the broken archstone to be fixed this time

Umbasa
Im just so hyped for a version of Demons Souls that doesn't run at 20 FPS :lollipop_anxious_sweat:

Yoboman

I don't like how much darker everything seems from the original. Boletaria is supposed to be an overcast gray. This color scheme seems closer to Dark Souls III, which was closer to Bloodborne.
Overcast is generally the ugliest time of day for lighting in games

Not surprised they steered away from that or we would all be saying how ugly it looks

Vtecomega

Banned
Is Demon Souls a remake using new animations and assets? Or just a remaster with prettier graphics of the original?

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Overcast is generally the ugliest time of day for lighting in games

Not surprised they steered away from that or we would all be saying how ugly it looks
Gotta disagree. Demon's Souls had more of a gray/yellow/orange theme to its color palette, as opposed to Bloodborne and Dark Souls III's black/blue. It makes more sense thematically since the Souls games are darker, focusing on the theme of the cursed world. Demon's Souls is more like limbo: it's not dark or light (which makes sense given the tendency system and Nexus), and it's not as hopeless as the worlds of Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

We'll see how the finished product turns out, though. It may just be these few pictures.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Gotta disagree. Demon's Souls had more of a gray/yellow/orange theme to its color palette, as opposed to Bloodborne and Dark Souls III's black/blue. It makes more sense thematically since the Souls games are darker, focusing on the theme of the cursed world. Demon's Souls is more like limbo: it's not dark or light (which makes sense given the tendency system and Nexus), and it's not as hopeless as the worlds of Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

We'll see how the finished product turns out, though. It may just be these few pictures.
My bigger issue is the enemy/boss designs, I hate how made them look like Diablo/Doom monsters. My biggest reason I was attracted to FROM games is their art direction, I don't give rat ass about expensive graphics if means losing FROM's brilliant designs.

^^^ This fucking sucks!!! at this point I rather just wait for Elden Ring.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
So this is the power of Snoy.

2rIZ75h.jpg

Hey, I want to play my angry, middle aged, ugly lesbian simulator thank you very much. :p

I love the fact that Demon's Souls seems to be coming at launch, don't give a damn what the box looks like, I'm hyped about that. 😎

Azurro

Banned
Really, really don't like the new designs...
81MkXynJ64L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

To me its looks like type of designs you would see in Doom or Diablo.
1*S2Gf2xN-cGFIEUmXXRX05w.jpeg

Butcher-hots-art.jpg

I kinda get it, but the original monster looks goofy as fuck though. It's a remake, it will try to retain the original's spirits but it will be different by necessity. I'd advice you to accept the game for what it is, if you want an HD version of DS, there are PS3 emulators for that.

Danjin44

I kinda get it, but the original monster looks goofy as fuck though. It's a remake, it will try to retain the original's spirits but it will be different by necessity. I'd advice you to accept the game for what it is, if you want an HD version of DS, there are PS3 emulators for that.
I highly disagree, I LOVE FROM’s enemy/boss designs they are the highlight of Souls games for me. I don’t like Bluepoint changing design to crappy doom/diablo monsters.

If you played enough games you can easily tell difference between Japanese design and western design even without “anime” aesthetics. These new designs scream crappy western design monsters.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
My bigger issue is the enemy/boss designs, I hate how made them look like Diablo/Doom monsters. My biggest reason I was attracted to FROM games is their art direction, I don't give rat ass about expensive graphics if means losing FROM's brilliant designs.

^^^ This fucking sucks!!! at this point I rather just wait for Elden Ring.
Yeah, I definitely noticed that, too.

Azurro

Banned
I highly disagree, I LOVE FROM’s enemy/boss designs they are the highlight of Souls games for me. I don’t like Bluepoint changing design to crappy doom/diablo monsters.

If you played enough games you can easily tell difference between Japanese design and western design even without “anime” aesthetics. These new designs scream crappy western design monsters.

It's cool if you loved that original monster design, but it still looked goofy as fuck. Even in the remake it can't completely shake the goofyness of the original.

Sony Japan Studio is very involved in the remake as well, so you don't know what comes from Japan Studio and what comes from Bluepoint.

Honestly, you complained about this so much, I think you are just hypersensitive because it's not a 100% Japanese production and you are a weeaboo, desu ne. :p

Last edited:

Danjin44

Sony Japan Studio is very involved in the remake as well, so you don't know what comes from Japan Studio and what comes from Bluepoint.

Honestly, you complained about this so much, I think you are just hypersensitive because it's not a 100% Japanese production and you are a weeaboo, desu ne. :p
Call me “weebo” all you want I couldn’t care less but those new enemy designs are western, anybody can see that.

I thought that's the blonde horseface from Desperate Housewifes.

Hotter than Stiflers Mom... fine figure. If anyone actually pays close attention to the trailer, a lot went into her bootie physics on that spacesuit. Boxart clearly going for that Alien's Ripley atmosphere. On point in my opinion.

SJW's call her a Karen, alt bois bitch it's a milf female and not a doll nymph. Culture wars indeed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom