• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein acknowledges he may need to recuse himself

Aselith

Ted Cruz spent the entire primary being called Lyin' Ted and hearing he has an ugly wife and that his dad killed JFK. He's seems alright with Trump today.

CruzSad1.png

Hello, darkness, my old friend

I feel like she's going to have to immediately recuse herself due to possible conflicts of interests based on non-professional relationships.

I feel like she's going to have to immediately recuse herself due to possible conflicts of interests based on non-professional relationships.

She won't. Rosenstein doesn't even need to either. This is pressure on him from Trump to get out of the way and give someone who hasn't commented on firing Mueller a chance to fire Mueller.

marrec

Banned
Name two.

McCain grimacing doesn't count.

Plenty of deep state republican employees of the federal government are actively working to undermine Trump's more disastrous tendencies. Also plenty of the republican intelligentsia.

Public republican representatives don't have the luxury of openly opposing him, for political reasons.

Ogodei

Cruz running for President again is insane. Democrats hate him, Trumps supporters hate him, who does that leave? Centrists?

He believes he was appointed by God to be President. If he isn't a complete liar about his own core beliefs, he'll probably try to run every time there's a contested GOP primary until his death.

They give more credence to the "relationship" between Comey and Mueller than I had thought they would.
If it ends up being an issue I hope Brand or whoever is in charge at that point simply appoints a second special prosecutor to handle the obstruction case while Mueller continues to oversee the rest of the investigation.

Guevara

Fair enough! Yes, that's what I mean.

Ugh, sounds like a major setback. Turn the impeach-o-meter back down to guarded.

Rosenstein isn't leading the investigation, though. The most important question with him recusing himself would be whether or not Brand would fire Mueller if pressured by Trump. She may be a more willing mouthpiece to go along with what he wants verbally (e.g. saying that there's no current evidence that Trump himself colluded with Russia) but I don't think there's any indication that she would participate in potential obstruction of justice by firing Mueller.

Trump's memory must be getting flakey again...

Trump said in an interview with NBC News that he would have fired Comey even without Rosenstein’s memo.

“I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt,” the president said on Twitter.

Trump constantly backs himself into a corner and contradicts himself.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I can't wait for the Deputy Assistant Associate Runner-Up Junior Attorney General in Training for the 18th Circuit (Guam, the Moon, and Antarctica) to end up in charge of this investigation.

Top Bottom