• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 beta codes and preload is up (for PS4)

mcfrank

So the PS4 beta starts a day earlier than the X1, and PC starts after this beta period. This is pretty annoying... guess I'll go to GameStop today and see if they will give me a new code for one of my preorderes...

Just preorder on amazon, get code, cancel preorder. Takes 3 minutes.

sgtmofo

Neo Member
Can't wait to get going after work, though strangely I have an expectation in my head that I won't be buying this at launch. Fool me once...

guzrog

Neo Member
guys, chat in to Amazon Support and request the code.

Is anyone having luck with this today? I pre-ordered and received an "already used code." Amazon chat told me that marketing has to issue a new one and I have to wait 12-24 hours. Hoping I just got an uninformed CS rep?

Okay: I just got my code. I downloaded the 300mb download from PSN store. I launch it and it says servers unavailable? How do I get the rest of this download? Surely this game isn't 300mb unless they went the pixel art route..

edit: nevermind, i see it downloading in the background. kind of confusing.

Sarcasm

If I downloaded the HK beta client will I be able to play with US players?

Nope. Prepare for ninja speaking Mandarin/Cantonese at you. You will understand the word mama though.

Just play on your US PSN account, it should be there after installing it from your HK one.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
If I downloaded the HK beta client will I be able to play with US players?

Yes

Just switch over

Don't deactivate HO account, that's all

Create HK account > Go to HK store > DL Beta > Switch over to your main primary account you want to play
Once Beta is over delete Beta and if not keeping account delete if want to keep, keep, or deactivate till you need account again down the line

If you have PS+ on main account Beta will give you access to everything

bombshell

It downloads in the background

Press triangle and press information, you'll see the rest is downloading

It's going on the background, you can check the status by clicking the options button on the Destiny 2 icon on the home screen, then clicking information.

That's the old way from when background downloads were a hidden activity on PS4.

Now all background downloads are shown like any other downloads in the notifications menu.

OP could you update the title of the thread to indicate that the EARLY ACCESS beta can be downloaded for free on PSN just by creating a Hong Kong/Japanese account - details being in OP?

There seem to be a lot of people still looking for codes in this thread for PSN and/or would miss out on the early access beta when there's a perfectly free alternative available that only takes 5 minutes to set up. I'm sure even more people will be looking for codes once the beta starts in a bit and they may not read the full OP.

For anyone having trouble if you make a Hong Kong account you can keep the language as English. When searching for beta go to the pre order page > game page then click down to demos and beta is there. It says it's the English and Chinese version and when I tried to dl it to see if it was different from Japan version I already had downloaded it stopped downloading and said it was already on console.

Also an added benefit for anyone that doesn't have PS+ on new accounts or ones that never had PS+ you can get a free 2 day trial with no card info required. Go to settings > application saved data management > saved data in online storage a window will pop saying you need PS+ for this feature and a 2 day trial box will pop up that doesn't need any card info and you can now make sure account is marked as primary and use matchmaking on your main account for the beta.This has even worked for me on accounts that have had PS+ and even used the free 2 day thing before so it might be a time gated thing. I believe it's just a cool thing Sony did for new PS4 buyers that wanted to transfer saves over but don't want PS+.

Saud

Neo Member
anyone who still has no ps code,register hongkong psn accoun!

I saw the method on this thread, and I wasn't sure about it. I tried to find a code but I failed to find any code as usual. :D

So, I created a Hong Kong account, downloading the beta right now, and hoping that everything will go well.

ultrazilla

GUARDIANS!!

O.k. I believe I have this correct but please let me know if I'm wrong.

July 18-20 is PS4 only

July 19-20 is Xbox One

July 21-23-console open beta(ie Xbox and Sony)

PC-Sometime in August??

For those of us who will be playing on PS4, we will get to play the longest-basically from July 18-23(5-6 days Bungie time). This is correct, right? Half hour away Guardians!

urge26

@thislukesmith
To the individual who tried to log in to the beta over 500 times this weekend, the wait is almost over.
12:14 PM - 18 Jul 2017

Mikey Jr.

OP could you update the title of the thread to indicate that the EARLY ACCESS beta can be downloaded for free on PSN just by creating a Hong Kong/Japanese account - details being in OP?

There seem to be a lot of people still looking for codes in this thread for PSN and/or would miss out on the early access beta when there's a perfectly free alternative available that only takes 5 minutes to set up. I'm sure even more people will be looking for codes once the beta starts in a bit and they may not read the full OP.

Regular users don't have that power. Wish I could.

Top Bottom