• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 beta codes and preload is up (for PS4)

Enclose

So i just saw we need ps plus for the online activities in the beta. Fuck. Dont want to buy a 1 month ps plus when i dont need it, only for the beta...

guzrog

Neo Member
Yes

Just switch over

Don't deactivate HO account, that's all

Create HK account > Go to HK store > DL Beta > Switch over to your main primary account you want to play
Once Beta is over delete Beta and if not keeping account delete if want to keep, keep, or deactivate till you need account again down the line

If you have PS+ on main account Beta will give you access to everything

Amazon support (after far too long spent) wasn't helpful at all with issuing me a working code so thanks for this. 5 minutes later I'm installing the beta on my new HK account!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So i just saw we need ps plus for the online activities in the beta. Fuck. Dont want to buy a 1 month ps plus when i dont need it, only for the beta...

That's for PvP and the Strike, you still get to try out the Mission "Homecoming"

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

Why would you think you don't need PS+? The vast majority of games require PS+ to play online. Destiny is a multiplayer game. Nothing to suggest you don't need PS+.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Why would you think you don't need PS+? The vast majority of games require PS+ to play online. Destiny is a multiplayer game. Nothing to suggest you don't need PS+.
There was definitely a thread last night that said you didn't need PS+.

drotahorror

They said they didn't want to join PS+ for it. Not that they thought it wouldn't need it.

panda-zebra

There was something floating around that looked fairly official that said exactly that - no ps+/live gold reqd for beta content.

Maybe this straight from Bungie?

Players are not required to have an active PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Subscription to engage with the Destiny 2 Beta.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46062/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--7132017

---------------------------------

Whether something changed I have no idea.

Bizazedo

Perversely looking forward to the pro and negative posts since I can't play til I get home. I think Destiny is second to only Nintendo in the NEOGAF threads I look forward to reading.

I'm home 1 or 2 hours later after the start but I'm pretty exited for the beta, even if I never liked Destiny 1. It was burned for me with the awfully bad release version.

Still don't know if I really like the Diablo MMO grinding aspect in a game that you can play with only 3 (and 5?) people and where you can't even see all of your accomplished gear because, yeah, it's first person.
And I'm scared I have to replay too many times the same missions cause there isn't much to do with just a few strikes.
Was there good variety in the end of Destiny 1?

BSpot

If I remember correctly, Destiny's beta held up very well from the beginning. I'm not too worried.

I don't recall having issues, but weren't there a ton of people getting shit like "CODE BUMBLEBEE" and "CODE BADGER" etc etc errors...

I remember that. Worked well for me in Beta though

Raven117

I'm home 1 or 2 hours later after the start but I'm pretty exited for the beta, even if I never liked Destiny 1. It was burned for me with the awfully bad release version.

Still don't know if I really like the Diablo MMO grinding aspect in a game that you can play with only 3 (and 5?) people and where you can't even see all of your accomplished gear because, yeah, it's first person.
And I'm scared I have to replay too many times the same missions cause there isn't much to too with just a few strikes.
Was there good variety in the end of Destiny 1?

Nah, its about blowing up aliens with your NeoGaf buddies.

panda-zebra

Ok...but the person I initially quoted asked about "online activities" which you do need PS+ for, right? So why did everyone proceed to make it out that I was wrong for saying they need PS+?

Nobody was doing that, just you said "Why would you think you don't need PS+?" - reason was Bungie had earlier said otherwise, good reason why some might think that. Not a big deal, 5 mins to go, get in that queue :)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Nobody was doing that, just you said "Why would you think you don't need PS+?" - reason was Bungie had earlier said otherwise, good reason why some might think that. Not a big deal, 5 mins to go, get in that queue :)

They were. Yeah "why would you think you don't need PS+?" for "online activities".

drotahorror

If you want to play a multiplayer game you need PS+. If you don't want to join then you can't play online.

And not really true. You can play f2p games like SMITE and Paragon which are fully multiplayer games w/o PS+. A beta is free (in a way) and so is an open beta (which is coming soon). I could see not needing PS+ to play a beta that was free.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
And not really true. You can play f2p games like SMITE and Paragon which are fully multiplayer games w/o PS+. A beta is free (in a way) and so is an open beta (which is coming soon). I could see not needing PS+ to play a beta that was free.
My previous comment:

Why would you think you don't need PS+? The vast majority of games require PS+ to play online. Destiny is a multiplayer game. Nothing to suggest you don't need PS+

Top Bottom