• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Beta |OT| Garry's Mod

What's the best class?

Results are only viewable after voting.

r8er34

Let me try this

Its comical people are nitpicking this game because this isn't the final product

So is it also comical people are praising things in this game because this isn't the final product?

It's comical (to me) that people are nitpicking things that can and most likely will be changed. If you were following my replies to my initial post I already explained what I meant. I do understand and share the same frustrations that people have with things that will not be changed by the final release.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I don't know how often you browse, but pretty much any time there is a game receiving criticism, the defense force comes out in full swing, generally consisting of a lot of juniors.
yeah that’s not even remotely true and seems like a lot of anecdotal evidence on your part. Regardless maybe you should learn to be a bit more mature?

E92 M3

You could be more specific on the problem with the gunplay? I've been watching streams myself, and I haven't seen what's "off". Is it just a feel thing? Like shots not hitting?

I see a lot of complaints about not killing things fast, but personally I loved early Destiny 1 trying to kill the spider tank and such when it was a slow, challenging fight that you couldn't sit back and snipe on.

I don't know how often you browse, but pretty much any time there is a game receiving criticism, the defense force comes out in full swing, generally consisting of a lot of juniors.

I browse a good bit and have not seen any difference between new members and older ones. There is nothing wrong to have an opposing opinion. In fact, it's better when not everyone is just repeating the same thing.

I feel like the only person on this planet who can't play, I am stuck in the screen where it says in the bottom right corner "Connecting". Basically the only interaction with the game was pressing A on the start screen. Already had the issue yersterday....

Are you connected to the Internet? Does D1 work OK? Are you behind a strict firewall or on a uni campus?

Can you take your console to someone else's Internet? Or tether to your phone?

Good luck
giphy.gif

Symbiotx

Let's hope that people are being vocal on the Bungie forums with their feedback.

Even with the issues people are mentioning, I'm liking what I see. And am excited to see what changes they make after the feedback. Hoping Hunters get some tweaking as that is, and forever will be, my main.

Oh they definitely are vocal there lol.

I agree with you. It's feeling good, I'm hopeful of some changes, and poor hunters... I've abandoned them though. Titan life is now my path...

You could be more specific on the problem with the gunplay? I've been watching streams myself, and I haven't seen what's "off". Is it just a feel thing? Like shots not hitting?

I see a lot of complaints about not killing things fast, but personally I loved early Destiny 1 trying to kill the spider tank and such when it was a slow, challenging fight that you couldn't sit back and snipe on.

I don't know what's off about it.

Aim assist could be down. It could not.

Hitboxes could be smaller. They could not.

There could be a latency buffer on the client to mask the lag, thereby creating a window of delay, unlike Destiny 1 where it was immediate. There also could not.

It could be related to this batch of weapons themselves. It could also not.

All I know is the gunplay doesn't feel as immediate as it did in Destiny 1.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I don't know what's off about it.

Aim assist could be down. It could not.

Hitboxes could be smaller. They could not.

There could be a latency buffer on the client to mask the lag, thereby creating a window of delay, unlike Destiny 1 where it was immediate. There also could not.

It could be related to this batch of weapons themselves. It could also not.

Plink plink plink.

jviggy43

It's comical (to me) that people are nitpicking things that can and most likely will be changed. If you were following my replies to my initial post I already explained what I meant. I do understand and share the same frustrations that people have with things that will not be changed by the final release.

You seem to not be understanding what I'm saying. Your logic is that things change. It could also be the case that the positives are tweaked or changed upon final release of the product, so is it comical that people are praising the game by assuming things remain the way they are (Since by your logic things will change).

In either case we could reasonably assume feedback from the beta helped Bungie tweak the minor issues people nitpick to make a better game. And if not, its people discussing a video game topic on a video game forum. I'm trying to understand the humor in any of these cases because to me the most comical thing is someone coming in and assuming all the positives stay the same while all the negatives (nitpicks rather) get fixed in the final product; and that even if that does remain the case, discussion of the latter topic is somehow out of bounds because of said unsubstantiated assumptions.

In plainer terms, your posts are the most comical thing with regards to discussion about this game. People are discussing the beta both good and bad. Move on.

That's worrying. I'm curious to see if it feels that same way on the PC. Do you think it's because you played a lot of D1, and it's a manner change from that or that the system overall is just off? Would someone coming from playing Battlefield or Counter-Strike or R6 feel the same offness?

Ennosuke

Are you connected to the Internet? Does D1 work OK? Are you behind a strict firewall or on a uni campus?

Can you take your console to someone else's Internet? Or tether to your phone?

Good luck
giphy.gif

Thank you.
Using the same internet connection as always, worked today with other games on my xbox, but not with Destiny. I don't get. Will try it tomorrow on the PS4, when it goes public.

Compsiox

Banned
If you can't use your supers and abilities as often it will extend the life of content because it will be more difficult to beat.

That's worrying. I'm curious to see if it feels that same way on the PC. Do you think it's because you played a lot of D1 or that the system overall is just off? Would someone coming from playing Battlefield or Counter-Strike or R6 feel the same offness?

Well I haven't played Destiny 1 in a while, so maybe somebody who was playing it last week will have a better insight.

Wallach

That's worrying. I'm curious to see if it feels that same way on the PC. Do you think it's because you played a lot of D1, and it's a manner change from that or that the system overall is just off? Would someone coming from playing Battlefield or Counter-Strike or R6 feel the same offness?

I'm pretty sure it will if they use this build (which I hope they don't) because it doesn't seem *control* related, really. It's more a combination of the audio and the hit reactions of enemies. The latter in particular is really consistent in Destiny, but in this beta enemies often don't really react with consistency when you hit them, and they've added this weird white flash which I *think* is supposed to indicate a hit, but then sometimes they flash white and don't react at all.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You seem to not be understanding what I'm saying. Your logic is that things change. It could also be the case that the positives are tweaked or changed upon final release of the product, so is it comical that people are praising the game by assuming things remain the way they are (Since by your logic things will change).

In either case we could reasonably assume feedback from the beta helped Bungie tweak the minor issues people nitpick to make a better game. And if not, its people discussing a video game topic on a video game forum. I'm trying to understand the humor in any of these cases because to me the most comical thing is someone coming in and assuming all the positives stay the same while all the negatives (nitpicks rather) get fixed in the final product; and that even if that does remain the case, discussion of the latter topic is somehow out of bounds because of said unsubstantiated assumptions.

In plainer terms, your posts are the most comical thing with regards to discussion about this game. People are discussing the beta both good and bad. Move on.
I’m not sure why they need to move on. They gave their opinion and supported it. People can choose to post about thinking criticism of the game is half-baked and too early and others can refute that if they want. Honestly, if anything I think the nay-sayers are just as ignorant as the people praising the game. We got a crumb of an entire pie so I don’t really understand the criticisms either at this point. If the game comes back and nothing is changed hopefully everyone will be right there yelling at bungie for fucking up a good thing.

Jason Shreier on his podcast today said it feels like raids will exclude hunters in favor of warlocks and titans (titans confirmed best class)

You could exclude them from D1 too anyway, even though they have something most people called "useful", in reality they were always less efficient than a Titan or a Warlock.

Hardcore PVE does not include Hunters, that is a fact.

If you can't use your supers and abilities as often it will extend the life of content because it will be more difficult to beat.

And boring.

Instead of designing actually hard encounters or smarter enemies Bungie took the easy path of making the player weaker, killing bullet sponges is an illusion of dificulty, is boring.

Tovarisc

You could exclude them from D1 too anyway, even though they have something most people called "useful", in reality they were always less efficient than a Titan or a Warlock.

Bow ult in TTK was great for add control and generating a lot orbs at once.

Now they removed even that utility.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

And boring.

Instead of designing actually hard encounters or smarter enemies Bungie took the easy path of making the player weaker, killing bullet sponges is an illusion of dificulty, is boring.
That’s a fact huh? So nightstalker arrow damage buff don’t exist now.

Unconfirmed at this point

ultron87

A class not being relevant in PvE seems like a thing it would make sense to try and fix in the game's sequel, instead of exacerbating it by giving the other classes primary abilities with clear PvE utility.

Warlocks haven't been relevant in PvE since the Atheon cheese was patched.

LOL.

Not even mentioning the fact that every single raid boss has been soloed first with a Warlock, their ability to burn stuff with touches and grenades has been key to maximize the DPS output of 2 Titans, not even talking a full team, with only 2 you're already at the best possible DPS.

No they were'nt, any gun with Firefly and an artifact can replace them, people got used to use the tether cause it easy to use, but for maximizing the amount of possible damage is was average.

That's a fact huh? So nightstalker arrow damage buff don't exist now.

Unconfirmed at this point

Yeah, there is a buff, a worse buff than the others, that's the fact.

Floody

Finally used all the classes, kinda shocked how much better I found both Titan subclasses compared to everything else. They really should buff either the damage or how long it last for all the Warlock and Hunter supers and give the Hunter a much better ability (like Invisibility) than a crappy quick step or roll (which should just be standard and have a couple second cooldown, if that).

LOL.

Not even mentioning the fact that every single raid boss has been soloed first with a Warlock, their ability to burn stuff with touches and grenades has been key to maximize the DPS output of 2 Titans, not even talking a full team, with only 2 you're already at the best possible DPS.

No they were'nt, any gun with Firefly and an artifact can replace them, people got used to use the tether cause it easy to use, but for maximizing the amount of possible damage is was average.

Yeah, there is a buff, a worse buff than the others, that's the fact.

And a Nightstalker using a gun with Firefly would then be better than a Warlock

lmao

r8er34

Lol - Your whole tone sucks. Definitely reading into my initial post way too much. I backed up what I said. I don't care if you are finding trouble in trying to decipher an opinion/feeling I have based on what I have read here, or if you are assuming that I was implying something that I wasn't.

r8er34

I’m not sure why they need to move on. They gave their opinion and supported it. People can choose to post about thinking criticism of the game is half-baked and too early and others can refute that if they want. Honestly, if anything I think the nay-sayers are just as ignorant as the people praising the game. We got a crumb of an entire pie so I don’t really understand the criticisms either at this point. If the game comes back and nothing is changed hopefully everyone will be right there yelling at bungie for fucking up a good thing.

Thank you

Tawpgun

Yeah Nightstalker is so clutch in high level PvE.

Orbs for days. Warlock nades are good and sunsinger is a decent get out of jail free card. But its a back up.

Yeah Nightstalker is so clutch in high level PvE.

Orbs for days. Warlock nades are good and sunsinger is a decent get out of jail free card. But its a back up.
Rez was nice, but not necessary. Too many people relied on it instead of using it strategically or offensively. Stormcaller was a far more useful subclass for raids and other activities anyway.

No. A nightstalker does not have Viking Funeral, neither Song of Flame, not self res, nor solar nades.

JT7Ed4x.gif

What am I reading

Nobody uses song of flame
There's a rocket launcher that fires solar grenades
Self Res isn't relevant outside of Nightfall, which has been easy since Year 2
Viking funeral lol

NIghtstalker could turn anyone invisible, could generate a ridiculous amount of orbs, had better grenades for damage over time, AND a tether which stunned enemies and lasted longer if you killed them in it. And they could dodge, so you were rarely dying to need to self res in the first place.

You have to be incredibly out of touch to think a Warlock was worth using over a Hunter in PvE after Year 2.

jviggy43

I'm not sure why they need to move on. They gave their opinion and supported it. People can choose to post about thinking criticism of the game is half-baked and too early and others can refute that if they want. Honestly, if anything I think the nay-sayers are just as ignorant as the people praising the game. We got a crumb of an entire pie so I don't really understand the criticisms either at this point. If the game comes back and nothing is changed hopefully everyone will be right there yelling at bungie for fucking up a good thing.
His original post was telling people to chill out with the criticism IE policing discussion. The idea that no one can say anything about the game because this is only beta when people are mostly experiencing mechanics and general game play elements that will likely remain in the base game is ridiculous as well. Especially since the game goes gold in like three weeks (someone mentioned earlier in here?). People pointing out both good and bad things about this beta is in part an intention fo the beta; to give bungie feedback while stress testing. And even if it doesn't theyre totally in the right to have discussion about it. No one in here is really being overly ridiculous about it either so coming in and telling people to chill is a pretty moot point.
Well, not only juniors.
Lol - Your whole tone sucks. I don't care if you are finding trouble in trying to decipher an opinion/feeling I have based on what I have read here.

Says the guy coming in telling people to chill out (who are by and large all having reasonable discussions) and then saying their opinions are comical. Mmmk

JT7Ed4x.gif

What am I reading

Viking funeral lol

NIghtstalker could turn anyone invisible, could generate a ridiculous amount of orbs, had better grenades for damage over time, AND a tether which stunned enemies and lasted longer if you killed them in it. And they could dodge, so you were rarely dying to need to self res in the first place.

You have to be incredibly out of touch to think a Warlock was worth using in PvE after Year 2.

Go play PVP.

This kind of stuff is IMPOSSIBLE with a stupid hunter.

Torch the Templar. Two Warlocks in a group with Sleepers and a bubble can knockout Templar in one wave less then a minute. Viking Funeral and Touch of Flame do work.

A great example of so many.

JT7Ed4x.gif

What am I reading

Viking funeral lol

You have to be incredibly out of touch to think a Warlock was worth using over a Hunter in PvE after Year 2.

He's right. Sunsinger has serious damage output. More so than tether.

Became incredible for aksis.

JT7Ed4x.gif

What am I reading

Viking funeral lol

your gif just scared the crap out of me!

Don't bother. I seem to recall Jose has dissed the tether before and won't hear it if anyone disagrees with him.

The problem is that people seems to not understand the fact that no matter what the hunter does, it's worse than their counterparts. That's the problem of the whole class!
Nothing of what is capable to do has an inmense weight or strenght to justify using them, not even the orbs.

Calling tether extremely useful is just as bad as saying a Sunsinger was bad cause self res is a passive super, both arguments are wrong and with numbers a sunsinger is way more useful than tether.

r8er34

His original post was telling people to chill out with the criticism IE policing discussion. The idea that no one can say anything about the game because this is only beta when people are mostly experiencing mechanics and general game play elements that will likely remain in the base game is ridiculous as well. Especially since the game goes gold in like three weeks (someone mentioned earlier in here?). People pointing out both good and bad things about this beta is in part an intention fo the beta; to give bungie feedback while stress testing. And even if it doesn't theyre totally in the right to have discussion about it. No one in here is really being overly ridiculous about it either so coming in and telling people to chill is a pretty moot point.

Well, not only juniors.

Says the guy coming in telling people to chill out (who are by and large all having reasonable discussions) and then saying their opinions are comical. Mmmk

First sentence - You are wrong my friend. I elaborated on what I meant in following posts. You must have missed those though.

Dynomutt

Warlock can at least give you a 1:1 ratio in PvP lol. For every death give out a sticky grenade! I loved those post mortem kills. I smiled with glee knowing I was taking you with me. After much practice I was Steph Curry with the shot. Landing sticky's across a map!

Top Bottom